• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 8: Twilight Princess Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
There we go! I just read through all of the pages. I'm so sorry for being so late, but I've had a busy week. Anyway, as always I will not be voting on the first day, the chances are low to actually lynch a scum on the first day anyway. I do have some suspicions though, Ninten* for instance. It didn't really seem as if he was scum hunting at all when he asked what had happened without reading it all himself.

Are you just not voting because your mafia buddies are the most suspicious at the moment and you don't want to lynch them?:right:

Pen

The game is on!
Are you just not voting because your mafia buddies are the most suspicious at the moment and you don't want to lynch them?:right:

I never vote on the first day (as I said), because I want to get to know the players better before voting. I wouldn't want to lynch a townie, now would I?
I find you quit offensive this round Raindrop. I agree with much of what you've said though. :nod:

Um. Wow, yeah, 9 pages. I'm going to start reading sometime today. But seriously, let's not be uh... rash? Day 1 is rarely a good time for a speedlynch... I'm not sure if that's what's going on or not, but just throwing that out there. I'll catch up and post something more meaningful tonight.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
It's not an RVS if there's a reason. That's a backed up vote. Also, I thought I only IGMEOY'd him rather than voted for him.
RVS is still one even if there is a reason: like being the first poster or their avi, or they haven't post yet, they've been scum a lot or as Ky did in game 7 are due for being scum. They voted on me, they don't have a vote yet. These are all reasons and still would be RVSs :right: I've seen all of these kinds of RVS. Only a few people use random org or the like. I've been RVSed before for the reason as I was one of the only people Bay Knew on that site.

Ark-page 1 post 4 said:
RVSing is a terrible thing. Though at the same time, the game would not begin without it. Nonetheless, it's annoying to vote for players that havent even said anything yet.

tl;dr- Vote: Erebea

Also, inb4 errybody votes for ark because he pointed out a stupid tactic
So this is suppose to be like this?:
RVSing is a terrible thing. Though at the same time, the game would not begin without it. Nonetheless, it's annoying to vote for players that havent even said anything yet.

tl;dr- IGMEOY: Erebea

Also, inb4 errybody votes for ark because he pointed out a stupid tactic
So you do remember it and it was a serious vote (intended IGMEOY) ? That is interesting as you stated later said you forgot you even made it. Also this is a little odd as a VOTE and an IGMEOY are spelled very different and kinda hard to believe you mixed those up.
Some one was suspicious to you just for RVSing in a way that was annoying? Is that what you are saying here?

There we go! I just read through all of the pages. I'm so sorry for being so late, but I've had a busy week. Anyway, as always I will not be voting on the first day, the chances are low to actually lynch a scum on the first day anyway. I do have some suspicions though, Ninten* for instance. It didn't really seem as if he was scum hunting at all when he asked what had happened without reading it all himself.
Your tactic isn't exactly scum hunting either, buddy =/

lolk

Jokes aside, there are a couple things that I would like to bring up:

Raindrop14 said:
Seems like scum. If he is scum then he would know who is scum already so he wouldn't feel that he had to investigate and look for scumtell in posts. So he says this as a secret message to his fellow mafia so that they can tell him what is going on. Like here
ltp, a fellow mafia member to Ninten*, got the message and replied.

IGMEOY: link to present, Ninten*
Um... I'm pretty certain that the mafia members have a QuickTopic for this game like they've had in past games. Don't you think that if Ninten* was scum, then he'd just post his question in the QuickTopic to avoid suspicion such as yours?

Elfen said:
... Go_Dark_Link... Again... your innocence blinds me from you *covers eyes* x -x
lolwut

Ninten*.... You have to be scum, you and Djinn both always give me the willies and my Scumdar i think is working right this time.
I don't believe willies are valid evidence for such an assumption.

ScumDar: beep..beep... Ninten* 'Tis Scummy, thank you for your service.
whatisthisidonteven

Justeazy said:
Ooh, wow.

Danny, Ark, Ninten*; IGMEOY
Oh yay :rolleyes:

Komali said:
I wouldn't want to lynch a townie, now would I?
But what if the townie only deterred the town from finding scum? Don't you think that would be a good time to lynch said townie?

Axle the Beast said:
But seriously, let's not be uh... rash? Day 1 is rarely a good time for a speedlynch... I'm not sure if that's what's going on or not, but just throwing that out there.
Hasn't been happening for now.

Keyshe said:
Also this is a little odd as a VOTE and an IGMEOY are spelled very different and kinda hard to believe you mixed those up.
lol'd

lol, looks like the auto-merge failed. Big time.

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
What does that have to do with the quote from me though? I made that whole post as one, there was no auto-merge :/
Danny messed up. Thought there was no merge when there was. Now we are all confused about something honestly off topic and irrelevant. That's all there is to it.

What's the quick topic? I feel like an idiot for asking.
Quicktopic is like a private chatgroup. Mafia members communicate outside of the thread, and Danny was making a point that with such resources, mafia would not need to make hidden messages to each other within the thread.

Nicole

luke is my wife
So I'm not gone yet. Thanks to Miss Irene, we had to delay our vacation until Sunday. You haven't gotten rid of me yet.

--Day 1 Vote Tally:--

Hero of Time: 2 (Viral Maze, Meego)
Arkvoodle: 1 (Keyshe)
Go_Dark_Link: 4 (Kybyrian, Erebea, NorthApple, link to present)
Josh: 2 (Josh, Jediora )
Ninten*: 3 (Danny, Elfen, TreeHuggerPanda )

Yet to vote: Raindrop14, Djinn, Xinnamin, Justeazy, Axle the Beast, Ninten*, Austin, arkvoodle, green goron, Hero of Time, Komali, Hanyou, Hachi, Go_Dark_Link.

With 26 alive, 14 votes are needed for a majority lynch.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Um... I'm pretty certain that the mafia members have a QuickTopic for this game like they've had in past games. Don't you think that if Ninten* was scum, then he'd just post his question in the QuickTopic to avoid suspicion such as yours?

In some mafia games they aren't allowed to use the quick topic during the day period.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Just to clear some things up, I didn't want to read because I was tired. At school for marching band, we were doing a drill for about a half hour and it was really hot. From what I've heard, yesterday, today, and the next few days are suppossed to be the most miserable of the year (heat, humidity, etc.) Then there was homework. And I still have more homework, but I can get on here and read for now.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Ooh, wow.

Danny, Ark, Ninten*; IGMEOY
Hey everybody; sorry for just posting a few IGMEOYs yesterday. I only had a couple of minutes.
Spamming = thread gets bumped
Bumping = activity
Activity = helping the town

You clearly do not want to help the town.
That is flawed logic.
Danny said:
That is flawed logic.
Ooh, I see you figured that out.
us? As in, Mafia? Are you and Ky mafia or town, Xinn? Are you even sure that Ky is town? Or are you saying "Us" so that you can appear as town?

[/overexamine]
Ark, that's just... stupid. Are you town? You'll say "yes". Obviously. If you ask me, I'll say yes. Taking a joke post and forcing some scumminess into it is just scummy itself. That'd be like taking an RVS and saying "because you voted for someone who's not scummy, randomly, you have to be scum."
Whoever says no votes for me definetly needs to be voten for.
Peter: Ahh crap, since when did they change the meaning of for to from?
Brian: I think they had a meeting about it last night.
Peter: Why wasn't I told?
Brian: They sent you a card but it said for Peter on it, so you must have thought it was from you so you didn't uh.... you know it's just easier to call you stupid.

Go_Dark_Link....hinting that you're from the town side even if you're not this early on in the game will just draw attention to you.
Xinn, how do you know he's not town?
I'm trying to be serious in a cloud of joke votes. It's better to examine people early than to target someone who hasn't even posted yet, as in this case;
A joke is a joke. There's plenty of way to legitimately squeeze one in there. Like, for example, when GG completely misunderstood GDL's post, I quoted that family guy joke as my reply. Does that make me scummy, or just light-hearted?
Because it jumped out at me. The "Us" specifically. Follow any clue or scent and you'll get results. Innocent or guilty, they'll come out eventually.
So, your theory is that it's good to lynch innocent people because of one word, in a joke, that you obviously misunderstood from the beginning?
Thanks I take half of that to heart but it's true. I've been scum once in my life.:lol: I'm just like Durion. Believe me I thought I was going to be scum this time too.
That's just a scum thing to say.
There's not much room for jokes in this game Xinn.
Elfen has yet to post. You don't get notifications when you're mentioned in threads. That shows the effectiveness of voting for people who have yet to post.
See my point above.
That is flawed logic. The simple fact is, there is no way to "show the effectiveness" because different people, in different situations playing different roles, will always react differently, even if they try to act the same. There may be no information gained from their reaction (or lack thereof), but doing something that may get good results is always better than complaining about doing it.
So it's only suspicious because I said I found GDL suspicious? I Never said he was supicious.I just said that someone who is happy about not being voted upon deserves a vote but others already voted. Come again.
Exactly. That makes you suspicious of their means.
Ark, he wasn't suspicious of GDL. The way I understand it, GG read:
GDL: lol nobody voted for me yay!
GG: Someone should vote for him to shut him up. Someone already voted for him, though.
You're digging yourself into a hole good sir; you're contradicting yourself.
GG wasn't contradicting himself, from my perspective. He worded something stupidly because he misunderstood GDL's post, and you guys misunderstood GG's post.
The vote will be more than dissolved by that point. Look at how rapidly posts are appearing. I don't think it will be significant enough for him to care by that point.
That's just stupid.
And? Just because alot of people do it doesn't mean you have to. Again, following the crowd is a bad tactic and likely a cover.
Yet earlier you encouraged following a simple misunderstood "us" to the certain death of an innocent person just because it's something to follow. Doing something that does not kill townies is worse than doing something that will?
We get it, you don't like RVS. But misunderstanding the point of it and ineffectively calling "scum" on anyone who does it is just stupid and suspicious of yourself.
And just because you don't RVS doesn't necessarily mean you have to whine and complain when other people do.
Yes.
Also, i'm using the RVS as evidence.
That's some good solid evidence you got there.
Because I was making the point that RVSs are pointless, as well as the point that dropping the suspicions on GDL for an RVS was suspicious. Including my whining about the RVS was partially necessary.
Ark, don't be stupid, he never said he was suspicious of GDL. And he clearly explained that earlier than this post.
Quit trying to revive a dead point. There was a reason it died, because it wasn't a scumtell.
They waste actual investigation time, though at the same time, they do bump the thread. Nonetheless, I still dislike them. Also, agreed.
Investigation time? What the hell are you talking about?
Our deadline is when our deadline is. There is no time limit that is wasted by RVS or anything else potentially pointless.
Seems like scum. If he is scum then he would know who is scum already so he wouldn't feel that he had to investigate and look for scumtell in posts. So he says this as a secret message to his fellow mafia so that they can tell him what is going on...
ltp, a fellow mafia member to Ninten*, got the message and replied.
Raindrop, that's just stupid.
Think about it. We know SoL is familiar with Mafia here, and we know she uses QT's. Now, there's a very high probability that there is a Mafia QT for this game. So, in this QT, let's assume that Ninten* and LTP are both in. If the thread is open in the day, they would talk there instead of using secret code. And if it's not open in the day, you have to realize that this is DAY ONE. They would have had no opportunity to develop a secret code to use in the thread.
So, the only other possibility is that the code is simple enough and obvious enough to detect without any prior knowledge of said code. So if it's that obvious, I challenge you to discover this code and let us all know of it. Otherwise, quit talking about things that don't make since and help us do some real scumhunting.
Ninten*.... You have to be scum, you and Djinn both always give me the willies and my Scumdar i think is working right this time.

ScumDar: beep..beep... Ninten* 'Tis Scummy, thank you for your service.
So, your scumdar has a history of failure, then? Well, until I see some evidence of it's effectiveness I'm going to say that's just quite possibility a waste of the beeping sound effects.
This sounds scummy to me. Who said that we can't complain because it's the first day? Just because it's the first day doesn't mean you can RVS all over the place.
So you're saying it's scummy to complain by complaining about his complaints?
Confused yet? Me too.
I'm sticking out?

Srsly?

Hm.
You weren't sticking out to me, before, but that's just a scummy thing to say at the time.
Because RVSs are getting in the way of actual discussion. I can see where they are necessary, but when you vote for someone outside of the thread, it's just pointless, especially when you've already stated your suspicions on someone else.
Ark, quit being stupid. It was a long time ago that he explained what he meant and that we established it was a misunderstanding. There's real scumtells to find, so drop this one.

As far as "getting in the way of actual discussion", it seems that RVS is all you want to talk about.
y u actin scummy, Danny?
lolwhat? Quit being such scum.
What's the quick topic? I feel like an idiot for asking.
This is the definition of scummy. Ninten*, it's not that I don't believe you could not know what a QT is, but I've been in previous games with you where we discussed it. You never questioned it before, so not it just sounds like you are playing dumb trying to appear more innocent than you are.

Danny, before I thought you were being scummy, so I IGMEOY'd you, but now I think you're just being stupid and spammy.

IGMEO Ninten* and Raindrop
Overall scummy behavior, distractions, and contradictions.

VOTE: Arkvoodle.
He keeps trying to push his pointless points, while calling them pointless himself, continues to contradict himself and tries to hold us on false scumtells so we can't find the real ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom