• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 8: Twilight Princess Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Vote: Go_Dark_Link

Unless you can change our minds.

You've been suspicious from the start. I know a lot of people have been fairly inactive (even I have been...for reasons.) But you seriously need to defend yourself or something. You're just not doing anything...You make a rare post that doesn't really do much for the game. I'll base my next move off your next move.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Sowry Nikoru :kawaii:

Me not being protected doesn't mean Ark wasn't roleblocked you know? And I could also be townie nightkill immune. There are many possibilities, it doesn't mean I am mafia nightkill immune.

You should claim. You seem to be a lurker laying low so as to avoid suspicion. Elaborate on your skills, and post your PM details.

You've been suspicious from the start.... But you seriously need to defend yourself or something.

FoS: Go_Dark_Link.

I agree with Ark and Meego... I think role claiming could only help you at this point. I mean, there's no reason for you not to do, is there?

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Sorry I've been inactive. Been f*ing with my schedule at work and been on overnights and openings and closings, and my car got broken into, and a bunch of other crap. Needless to say, I've gotten almost 0 sleep, and I've been online maybe two hours since this thread got reopened. I'll try to get my three posts in before the day's over....
shiftyeyes.gif

If he doesn't post at all he'll just be modkilled anyway. You're wasting a lynch.
lol, nomodkillzmeansyou'redeadwrong
In my game I did not write night scenes for people who were roleblocked, but I did write scenes when the target was protected or immune. It's possible we had a third party kill Jedizora, ark was blocked, and the Mafia targeted a protected individual (once more betting on ark).
Considering you were wrong about the above, I'd say that Nicole is not modding her game the same way you were. Meaning that the way you structured your night scene means absolutely nothing in relation to the night scene. Quit trying to draw our focus where it's completely unneeded and add to meaningful discussion. you've been like this on-and-off all game, though aside from the distractamalation, I haven't seen anything really scummy, but IGMEOY.
Heavy footsteps swiftly ran through the night shrouded village of Ordon. It had a target in mind. Its only intent was to kill that target. It silently swept toward the residence of Jedizora. Walking into its target's room, it unsheathed a large, long blade. Thrusting it into Jedizora's heart, he was killed with that lone blow.
Well, seeing as my analysis was, as far as we know, right for night one, I'll do it again. It starts with "heavy footsteps" meaning that this was a character who wasn't part of the town as he didn't mind being noisy. So, Ark, if you are the vig, this isn't you. Then it says "it" had a target in mind. Not he or she or they, but it. This tells us that it's a creature, not a human (or whatever thing it may be). The mafia, although I can see the possibility, the singularity with "it" and the race-less-ness in the pronoun would make me guess this is the SK. Then it uses a sword, and the only thing I can think of is the moblin pig boss thing, though it's been a long time since I've played TP. Anyone have any better ideas?
Elsewhere in the village, another individual was crouched behind a boulder. He attempted to locate the man which he would eradicate. However, even with this individual's keen senses, their target was nowhere to be found. It was as if they were protected somehow. They gave up on their attempt and quietly sunk back into the darkness.
Okay, it starts quickly with "individual", meaning it's got to be someone acting alone. A SK or Vig. Considering I believe the first one to be the SK, unless we have another Vig or SK, this would have to be the Vig; ark, if we believe him. "Keen senses" strikes out at me. If it's a vig, keen senses would mean wolf-link. But it says that "another" was crouched behind a boulder, and later that they sunk back into the darkness; also describing a wolf or animal, to me. Ark, is there anything in your PM about wolf-form or human-form? Is it generally written as if you were understood to be a human? Ark, you're making this really difficult but I really want to believe you're town because of your wincon. I can't help but think that it's one of three possibilities:
1: Unless you are both wolf and human Link, then you are only human link and there's also a wolf link somewhere among us, and only one of your NK's goes through each night, maybe randomly or you take turns.
2: You are both wolf and human, and the night scene is just up to Nicole's creativity to describe it how she sees fit.
3: You're lying out your butt.
They were obviously protected, so not a roleblock or whatever NK immune or similar.
--The Dead: 5--

Raindrop14: Auru, Mafia Flavor Cop
Keyshe: Talo, Mason
Hero of Time: Uli, Lover
Viral Maze: Midna, Townie Jack of all Trades
Jedizora: Ashei, Mafia Stongman
Austin: Rusl, Treacherous Lover
Okay, we have a good list here, so I think it'd be wise to go back over day one and see what we can find.
Also, Jedizora's role tells us that there's at least one, probably more, non-mafia bulletproof players, and now they are truly safe. Since they strongman is dead, you're safe from NK's, and if things get down to the wire (no, not right now) you would be the best to claim as it'd help us confirm more towns without putting you at danger to the mafia.
I didn't do anything. I don't know much about Mafia, but it must've been a role-blocker.
Yes. I am Sera, the Milk Giver. My role is basically being the doctor. I didn't do anything last night, I didn't even PM Nicole, so it was a roleblocker.
lol, stupid claim is stupid.
I'd like everyone here to know that I am not trolling this mafia game, or making random posts on purpose. Just because I am known to troll does not mean that I always am trolling. I am a complete novice and I have little idea what's even going on anymore.

So yes, I am a horrible mafia player, although this is my first game.

EBWODP: That said, I'm quitting this game.
Sorry, but you're not horrible because you're a novice and you're not horrible because you don't know what's going on. You're horrible because, instead of reading what others are saying and thinking about what to do, you see one little thing ("the target was protected") and immediately respond without thinking about the consequences. Assuming you're telling the truth, which I do because I don't think you'd lie just to quit the game, I just have to say that we're losing a majorly good (if what you believe to be the rule is correct, you gave us no real information) role. The spammy posts were fine since about four other people do them, though they are annoying. You don't need to be good, as long as you think for a minute before posting anything. Just say "okay, will claiming now do the town more good than bad?" because in the end, it's not about saving your own butt by claiming but keeping the town alive for as long as possible so we can weed out the scum and win the game. I'm sorry to see you (and your power-role, I'm not going to lie) go. I suggest you play a beginner's game and come back, you have some potential. And I'm hosting the next game and I'll let you in if you think you'd be ready for it.
</telling it like it is, and shameless self promotion of my game>
Well one of the two kills was blocked. If that was Ark, then it was likely the Mafia roleblocker. Jedi's death then would have had to be a third party kill since he was Mafia.
1: Duh, and 2: As it clearly says in the scene, the target was protected, not that the killer was blocked.
This would also mean that Mafia did not attempt to kill anyone tonight, which I cannot reason out a justification for. Night One also only had two kills, presumably one Mafia and one Vig. Third Party failed to act that night. ...I'm extremely confused now. Do we just have some inactive killing roles or something?
We know that the mafia didn't target Jedizora last night, and we know that arkvoodle didn't either. This means that a third party targeted Jedizora. We only saw one other scene where the person's target was protected. This doesn't make sense, as why would there only be one scene if we have a Mafia and the Vig still left to perform kills? One of the killers' targets was protected, and the other one was either roleblocked or missed the deadline. We know ark didn't miss the deadline, so there is an equal chance of his target being protected as him being roleblocked.
My vote would be on missed the deadline, in both the SK for night 1 and the Mafia for night 2. Nicole, sorry to say it, but you got the worst game this year. No, I love the game, I mean your timing was so bad because you got it right not only when most of our members are starting school, but it's also turning into the fall shopping season so most of us that work for a living are having less free time. If I had to bet (Nicole, can you clarify after the game is over?), I'd say that a lot of this strangeness in the night scenes is due to the fact that there is a lot less free-time being spent on this game.
Could this mean my target is actually scum?
True. The godfather is immune to nightkills, yes? If so, I may have possibly found them. But at the same time, it could be another role with that ability. I'll wait and see if they become more active before I confirm my suspicions and reveal them.
This means nothing. First off, it clearly says the target was protected. Logic says that the mafia doesn't have a protection role, so it means we have a doc or bodyguard that truly believes (or somehow knows) your target was innocent, and they were a person who was likely to be targeted, so they protected them. Secondly, you can reveal when you want, but remember that as long as you're telling the truth, you're a huge target for the Mafia so any information you can reveal before the night you should at least, since we never know what your dying words will be.
Are you kidding? Mafia can be roleblocked just as easily as anyone else.

Only the godfather can send in the kill, by the way. There is no "all of the mafia missing the deadline". Only the godfather applies.
Actually, this is completely false. Some mods have it set up with the godfather choosing the kill, some mods have it set up where the entire mafia sends it in, and some mods have it set up where mafia members take turns preforming the NK and the chosen player for the night sends in the kill. So it could be the GF, any random goon, or all the mafia members. Furthermore, depending on how Nicole's modding this, Jedi could have been the one who was supposed to send in the kill and/or preform it (maybe if he was using his power), so that could be another explaination as to why we don't have a mafia kill tonight.
My target was Go_Dark_Link.
Any particular reason why?
Sorry I have been inactive, got called in for a week of active duty. Anyways...

Vote: arkvoodle
I've just prodded the inactives and I am working on getting replacements.
Oww, my glivox! Why'd you have to prod me there!?

I'm going to go analyze the day 1/2 posts again. Be back.

Why not vote for ark, I don't know if I can even believe half the stuff he says. The only other person who I am suspicious of other than him is GDL. I have a feeling that the scum are hiding amongst the inactives (along with everyone else, lol).

arkvoodle

Diabolical

He seemed very suspicious to me, and it also seemed that he was lurking under the radar to avoid suspicion, thus the quick reaction when I said I targeted him. Though, he hasn't replied since.

Gonzo said:
Why not vote for ark, I don't know if I can even believe half the stuff he says. The only other person who I am suspicious of other than him is GDL. I have a feeling that the scum are hiding amongst the inactives (along with everyone else, lol).

You are just screaming scum right now, at least to me. Possibly a tactic to protect GDL by attempting to get everyone to turn on me? I don't know, but i'll keep watch on you anyway.

Kybyrian

Justeazy said:
lol, nomodkillzmeansyou'redeadwrong

He was lynched anyway, it's what I would've done.

Considering you were wrong about the above, I'd say that Nicole is not modding her game the same way you were.

Above.

Actually, this is completely false. Some mods have it set up with the godfather choosing the kill, some mods have it set up where the entire mafia sends it in, and some mods have it set up where mafia members take turns preforming the NK and the chosen player for the night sends in the kill. So it could be the GF, any random goon, or all the mafia members. Furthermore, depending on how Nicole's modding this, Jedi could have been the one who was supposed to send in the kill and/or preform it (maybe if he was using his power), so that could be another explaination as to why we don't have a mafia kill tonight.

Not likely.

You are just screaming scum right now, at least to me. Possibly a tactic to protect GDL by attempting to get everyone to turn on me? I don't know, but i'll keep watch on you anyway.

Yes I am scum, vote for me.... why has all the mafia games died out, kinda sad. :(

Unvote

Ark I don't think you are scum, but I still don't think you are the vig either.

Also I was not attempting to turn everyone against you, otherwise I would have probably posted a lengthy post with plenty of evidence instead of my pathetic little post.

As I said GDL is the only person who I am suspicious of, but I have a feeling that all of ze scum is lurking.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I really don't think GDL is scum. If he flips scum, that'll make me look bad, but I do believe it was just a simple miswording.

Okay, looking back at day 1 and looking at raindrop and jedizora's posts. Jedizora didn't have much really posted, but found some from raindrop:
FoS: Jedizora, Ninten*, link to present
First, he jumped on a crap-ton of pointless suspicions on a few people for pointless things. There's more to it, but that's the three people he targeted. He severly targeted jedizora, and we know he's scum, so reason dictates he was bussing.

Then, his next few posts he talks nothing about the quicktopic. My hunch says at this point he checked the quicktopic, because his next post with "suspicions" was completely changed.
Somehow I don't belive that.

How is it detailed? All he said was, "I am Link, the townie vigilante.". That isn't very detailed at all.

Why do you say that?

IGMEOY: Arkvoodle, Hero of Time, Erebea
He tries to convince everyone against ark's claim, and changes all of his targets. And we know for a fact that HoT and Erebea were town, so...

Anyway, it's not really much to go on, but all we're going off of now is a random, and I believe pointless, suspicion from day 1, so why not?
I never noticed anything from LtP, but we did, also, believe Nintend* to be scum on day 1... can anyone tell me why we dropped it? Just got distracted by raindrop and forgot about him?

Vote: Nintend*

Possibly will change, but if the day stays this slow most likely not.

Also, Keyshe was the mason, so the people she suspected, GG GDL Axle and Ark, are not the other mason, we can safely reason; though this isn't really useful information.

EBWODP:
Vote: Ninten*

Sorry, spelled it wrong.

Also:
He was lynched anyway, it's what I would've done.
So... the person with the most votes, getting lynched, explains how the rest of the other people who didn't meet the posting requirements, namely Djinn, TreeHuggerPanda, Jedizora, NorthApple, link to present, Elfen, Hachi, and Hero of Music, didn't get lynched?

EBWODP again: I meant "didn't get modkilled" instead of lynched, at the end.

Last edited:

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
OK sorry I disappeared but I've been really sick for the past few days, in bed, no computer. I just started feeling better but I am very tired right now and will go back to sleep once i finish this post. Anyways, I skimmed through the new posts and did catch someone don't remember who asking me to claim. I will name claim for now, but will probably also role claim once i wake up since I am sure some of you won't be accepting it's the truth with just a name. So: I am Prince Ralis. So yeah, see you in a few hours, I hope.

Kybyrian

Justeazy said:
So... the person with the most votes, getting lynched, explains how the rest of the other people who didn't meet the posting requirements, namely Djinn, TreeHuggerPanda, Jedizora, NorthApple, link to present, Elfen, Hachi, and Hero of Music, didn't get lynched?

lol'd

Completely overlooked it.

Djinn

and Tonic
I have tried to reread the night summary and it still confuses me. I am pretty sure what Erebea was trying to say a couple days ago was that he did not protect anyone last night, yet there were still too few kills. So this has lead to a strange amount of confusion over what actually happened last night. Only Scum died so obviously another party with NK abilities was successful.

Me not being protected doesn't mean Ark wasn't roleblocked you know? And I could also be townie nightkill immune. There are many possibilities, it doesn't mean I am mafia nightkill immune.

what? I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

I am still having some very mixed feeling on Ark. I am pretty sure he is town, but I am not so certain he is a vig. His vig status has been out in the open for a while now but he is still around. Would the mafia both RB and target him? Trying to wrap my mind around just what that plan might be just leaves me lost every time.

Then, his next few posts he talks nothing about the quicktopic. My hunch says at this point he checked the quicktopic, because his next post with "suspicions" was completely changed.

He tries to convince everyone against ark's claim, and changes all of his targets. And we know for a fact that HoT and Erebea were town, so...

Anyway, it's not really much to go on, but all we're going off of now is a random, and I believe pointless, suspicion from day 1, so why not?
I never noticed anything from LtP, but we did, also, believe Nintend* to be scum on day 1... can anyone tell me why we dropped it? Just got distracted by raindrop and forgot about him?

Actually I did notice his replies on day 1 and thought they were very strange. I was not about to believe that he had never heard of a quick topic after playing this many Mafia games in the past. A very weak defense but it does look like Raindrop acting even more obvious took emphasis away very quickly.

IGMEOY Ninten*

There are a few more inactives that I would like to hear from again before this day is over. Axle, Hanyou, Hachi.....seems everyone has been a bit busy this week. Mostly for the staff and there have been a lot of SS news to update around the site because of it. I might suggest an extension so everyone can get back into this game today.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
OK sorry I disappeared but I've been really sick for the past few days, in bed, no computer. I just started feeling better but I am very tired right now and will go back to sleep once i finish this post.

You seem to have an excuse to be absent every time. If you can't play, don't. Health over a game.

I am Prince Ralis.

Wincon, rolename, any other details plz. Though I can easily see what you could do... Hmm.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
What ark said.
GDL, claiming in a lazy sort of format kind of makes you really suspicious... colour, role, anything? I'm not even fishing for your role but you look pretty bad right now. I'll be sympathetic if you're ill but you do seem to have some excuse every time, like ark said.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I think we dropped the subject of me being scum because everyone thought I was just being lazy (which I am). But so far, GDL needs a better claim. I thought the Mafia would be the bosses, but they seem to be normal characters. That's not a really good claim especially when your under a lot of suspision. How about a wincon? Or a role?

FoS: GDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom