• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 5: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Mafia 5: Arkham City! This round of Mafia is a Batman themed round (a decent amount will be set in a similar way to the actual game getting released this year, but very loosely).

I am you moderator, Durion, and for this round Viral Maze will be my co-mod. Any questions that you have during this round of Mafia shall be directed at us.

As this is more along the lines of an advanced Mafia round, I'm assuming that all of you know the basics of Mafia and the rules. But just in case you've forgotten, I'll re-post them so that you can quickly read through them again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basics of Mafia

Mafia is composed of two teams and a single Moderator (or in this case, a Moderator and a co-mod). The Moderator sets up the game, and randomly assigns each player to a team. The players are told what team they are on (Townsfolk or Mafia) in private in a PM. If you are a Townie, you will not know the role of any other player. All you will know is that YOU are a townie, thats it. If you are assigned as Mafia, then you will know who is else is Mafia, and then by process of elimination, you will know who is Townie.

The point of the game is to lynch/kill people until one team (Townie or Mafia) is left standing. Because the Mafia know who else is Mafia, and the Townies don't know who else is Townie, the Mafia start off outnumbered by the Townies usually around 3:1 or 4:1. The Townies must use logic, voting patterns of others, and other small tells to figure out who is Mafia and who is Townie. The Mafia, however, must plant seeds of doubt and confusion and get the Townsfolk to lynch each other.

How to play

You sign up and then once the game is full you will be PMed by the Game Mod assigning you a team, either Townie or Mafia. If you are Townie, you will not know the identity of anyone else SO TRUST NO ONE. If you are assigned as Mafia, you will know the other Mafia members and you must work together to get the Townies to turn on each other because they OUTNUMBER YOU.

The game starts off in the Day which will last a certain period. During this Day period, everyone discusses who they believe is a Mafia member (also called scum). Mafia will post too, and pretend they are Townies and try to get the other Townies to turn on each other and confuse them. Every member, Townie or Mafia, has a vote for lynching each Day. Post who you want to vote for in the format:

For example, Vote: Durion

If you wish to unvote at anytime, do so by:

Unvote: Durion

You must put your votes and unvotes in bold! Any votes and unvotes not in bold will not be counted for the final vote tally.

You may vote and unvote at ANY TIME during the DAY period. Only during the Day, remember that. Once a majority vote is reach, that player will be lynched NO MATTER WHAT. So if a majority is reached and you decide to unvote for that person, its too late. Player X will be lynched and his identity, Townie or Mafia will be revealed. If the day period ends, and there is no majority, the day will go into a No Lynch.
You may also vote No Lynch. Once a majority No Lynch is achieved, the day will end with no lynch.

Once the Day period is over it becomes the Night. Night won't last long, a day or two at most. During the Night there will be NO ACTIVE DISCUSSIONS. Everyone goes to 'sleep'. This is when the Mafia congregate. During the Night period, and ONLY DURING THE NIGHT the Mafia members will PM the Game Mod one person's name and that person will be killed in the night.

Day will come again, and the identity of the dead Townie will be revealed. Killed in the night by the Mafia. Now the situation gets more dire as Townies will die every night due to the Mafia's ability to night kill, so lynching Mafia becomes more and more important as the game progresses.

This continues until either the Townies remain, or the Mafia stand triumphant.

RULES
- Do not reveal your roles outside of the thread. Mystery and assumptions are the point of this game, so if all the Townies band together through PMs you will ruin this game. Play with integrity. Lying is fine though. Mafia members may lie that they are Townie. Deception is a major aspect of this game.
- You may only post in the Day period.
- Vote and unvote in the format: Vote: Player X; Unvote; Player X Please post these in BOLD
- DO NOT REVEAL ANY INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE DIED. If you are a Mafia member and you die, do not reveal to anyone who else is Mafia because that information may end up in the hands of the Townies.
- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. DO NOT DELETE YOUR POSTS. I hope I don't have to repeat it again. This is a cardinal rule. Editing your posts is a no no. If you have something more to say, or need to edit a section of your post then MAKE ANOTHER POST saying what you need to say. If you are caught editing, you will be ModKilled. Same goes for deleting posts.
- You may not post any information (quotes or screencaps or allusions) that relates to anything outside of the thread itself. So no evidence using the "Who's Online" or Shoutbox.
- You may roleclaim at any point in the game, but you may not copy paste or screen cap the role PM sent to you. You may only paraphrase it in your own words. Be warned though, role and name claiming is especially dangerous.
- Do not talk about this game outside of the designated area(s), aka the game thread and/or Quicktopics that I have provided.

~IMPORTANT~
This game will start during Day 1 (23/02/11 GMT), and will last for 5 days (finishing on 28/02/11).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like a quiet night in Gotham City, the city life was being drowned by the heavy rain that was falling down at a vast rate. A storm had hit the city choking out any light from the moon that usually illuminating the entire area. This caused the night to be much darker than usual.

The storm was worst over Arkham Island, tearing away at the islands terrain. Arkham Asylum was awake with the noise of the restless inmates and the storm battering the ageing buildings deteriorating structure and windows. The surveillance of the Asylum was much more concentrated than usual, the guards had a feeling that something was up. Although the normal inmates were as restless as usual, Gotham's so called Super Villains were very quite.

The Dark Knight was preparing to hang up his cape for the night as criminal activity in Gotham had been very low, near non-existent during these very early hours of the morning.

The top guards at Gotham had been called out to make sure than nothing dangerous occurred. They only had one more Super Villain to check on before the routine started again for the final time. Sirens started booming out throughout Arkham Island, one of the top guards have been found dead, he had been crushed by a powerful force. A group of guards arrived at the scene, before they could even establish what had happened, they all fell one by one, dead.

As the Dark Knight arrived in the Batcave, he received a message from the Gotham Police Department, a message of extreme urgency. He rushed to get back to the heart of Gotham City.

The sirens of Arkham Asylum fell silent. All guards had been taken out and every patient of the Asylum had been released.

As the sun began to rise, forcing it's way through the clouds of the storm, destruction and terror was unleashing itself throughout Gotham...

DAY 1 HAS BEGUN!

The living:

Meego7
TreeHuggerPanda
Keyshe
butterbiscuit
Deku Shroom
Stallord
Generations
SuperSilly
jdenicholls
Zenox
illmatic
kokirion
TheGreen
Toboe
Axle the Beast
Arkvoodle
Baysiderulez
Hero of Music
link to present
Ninten*
Pocket Asian
Kybyrian
MikauIncarnate
Soldier of Link
Hero of Time
green goron
Dracomajora

With 27 alive, it takes 14 to lynch.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
Cool. It's finally here. I've only played parts of Arkham Asylum, so I don't know much about Batman.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Ah good it's started, well done Durion on getting this all organized and set up so fast! I wont be able to post again until later today (evening for me) Not much will be in here until then anyway. Here is link to Mafia wiki's role list. It was really helpful last game, and I'm sure it will be again this one. And here is a time converting site too.

I've been waiting to share this, and I had this in the ready if Durion decided on a Pokemon theme.

Not to offend you, Durion, but considering most of us are Americans, perhaps you should write the dates as mm/dd/yy ;)

That's just silly :P. Everyone knows the right way to do it is dd/mm/yy!

I predict Axle or Bay will jump on and kick someone's arse within the next few hours. The power players tend to drive the first day forward.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Oops, thread started before I got home from school...

I'm ready to start. Let's get this show on the road.

Don't bother reading this because it is just another bland introduction followed up by something about hunting the scum. Yay! Hahaha:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom