• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel

A Frog
Damn. Lucky the 3rd party is better at this than us. At least the clash of the titans thing is over.

... I said I'd get Jo, but now... I'm really unsure about all this.

well you could still get me, I dont mind. I know I warranted enough suspicion. I still havent had the time to go through those posts like I wanted. I will try to get to it still... Holidays you know make me a busy momma.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
... that last day and night was rough for our town, we lost two roles... Blacksmith (whatever that is..) and our Doublevoter... So far the nights have given us more luck then anything, two dead Mafioso, But our lynches have had poor results. WE need to fix this before it get worse.

There where two night kills last night, but from whom? Friend or foe? There are at least two parties working here. But we need to be discussing who and what they might be. How likely is is that the Mafia would miss two night kills? Or has a role-blocker found out who the Godfather is? Are both kills done my a third party and one of our own? Then there is Green Goron, the ice is odd though, very different from the others. I'm not that familiar with MM what character's could set that up any good sorcerers, or are there only bad?. Illmatic's, the hoof marks all of the body sounds like maybe a group. Zelda hanging off the clock tower could be vigilante, it brutal but the vig has been written so, putting a Mafioso on display like that is possible for that role... I have to say that any pattern between the deaths is small at this point, so I can't really see if it seems like any of them are done by the same person, except maybe Zelda and Illmatic, but that seems to be a stretch. And I don't remember any one really calling them out in the thread much. Just me and Axle a little by talking to him on day one, and my small amount a questions on day two (by me).

Some thing we need to be looking for while investigating is inconsistencies, Towns are looking for scummy behavior, Mafia know this and will act as townies, so our our real bet it to look for those that are flip-flopping. The Mafia that were obvious before are going to be learning. And we a lot of new player switching out with old.

Sorry to see so many people leaving, but, it is nice to be playing again with you TreeHuggerPanda. The game is a bit of a mess at the moment so you'll have a lot to read over!

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
our lynches have had poor results. WE need to fix this before it get worse.

I think the problem is that people are getting good at pretending to be something they are not and are not saying much overly suspicious and if they are different people take it differently and it has disasterous results. We need to think our lynches through a bit more and not follow everyone else's votes without reasons. Hopefully if we pull together then we can lynch only the mafia and hope that nightkills don't kill off too many townies.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
EBWODP:
---------------------------------------------------------
Same here, my apoligies!

But now I examine what happened. Keyshe is being careful, I see that. She didn't vote for Axle but indeed me. I don't really see why she targeted me because I wasn't the only one voting for Axle without stating my reasons very well. Maybe she knows something we don't? If she is mafia then she knows who the townies are so if she voted for me because she knows my role aswell as picking out a reason then that makes her mafia. But I won't assume that just yet. For now.

IGMEOY: Keyshe
... Meego, Axle is dead because you and others didn't READ. Go re-read my post. I'm not being careful, I'm being smart. You all ignored the fact that Axle was playing like a townie, (creepy townie maybe) but town. I and him brought up proof again and again. I read Axle's posts, and Bay's; I could see there was very little reason for you guys to be voting for him, I read why you were too and it was BS. I was not going to vote for him on nothing. Read my post. I didn't vote for just anyone. Want to know why I voted for you and not K9? He looked like he might just have been really busy. You were clearly not reading.
(Here and here are more proof that you are being dumb and not been reading.)

You responded to my vote with this, your only defense was to confirm what I already thought.
Meego7 said:
My vote does have reason, for the same as everyone else voting for Axle and that by my judging Bay is innocent so Axle voting for her makes him seem suspicious. I have been a bit busy with my Secret Santa gift so I have been inactive for a few days but I do have reasons I'm just not very good at this game tbh. But I play and try to improve but I stand by my decision.

And Axle before his death. He saw your BS too.
Axle the Beast said:
You assessment Bay's innocence is not an automatic count towards me being Mafia, since any Townie at any time could make an opposite assessment from you. It would be a good point to use as perspective if you have OTHER reasons to suspect me though. As it stands, it sounds like your reasons are insubstantial.

There's also the fact that it was Jo who accused me initially. I had no quarrel with aside from my personal defenses of my attitude. The rest came when she refused to address any point I made in my defense and manipulated the conversation by effectively acting like my posts don't exist. That's incredibly sneaky and underhanded behavior, and that is the sole reason I began to target her. Anyone who can't back up their vote is suspicious, but someone who tries to hide things surrounding their vote is far worse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way too many of you have been looking for posts and information to support your accusations, and if you do it that way of course you'll find something that makes it seem real. What you should be doing is making accusations BASED ON the posts and information you find.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
It depends on what "playing like a townie" is in your opinion. In my opinion he wasn't, but I am not that great at this game, doesn't mean I'm not innocent, and a lot of others voted for Axle too. The fact that he was against Jo..I see that it didn't immediately make him suspicious but I am in the same situation. When the game has nobody to vote for then you might as well follow the voters with a small reason if there is a chance that they might be mafia. But by my judging Jo is innocent and Keyshe is mafia.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Here is something I was going to post during Twilight, but missed my chance:
Kybyrian said:
Axle the Beast said:
Yes, you are too smart to do that as a Mafioso, and I doubt you are, but it's still obstructive to the town and weird activity for you while playing Mafia in general.
Axle's post in reference to my behavior very early in the game. He saw linksbro as more of a threat, but he continues to push towards me, though he doubts that I'm a Mafioso? Also, he references my general behavior for Mafia. This is obviously based on 1 game. The only game that I was in that I lasted for more than one day was in Mafia Round 2, in which I was godfather. He tries to explain that my behavior is weird compared to my normal behavior, which the behavior I use when I'm Mafia... yeah.
Axle the Beast said:
You say that, yes. It doesn't change the fact that your behavior was weird and suspicious and your statements do nothing to disprove that.
Pushing at me again... even though he stated that he believes that I wasn't Mafioso? I didn't do anything else to make myself seem even more suspicious afterwards...

Axle was calling out your odd and disruptive behavior, just like he always does, also just because Link was his main target doesn't mean he would (or should) over look others, you later say "why isn't he look for mafia and only going after town" (what do you think he was doing here?) He was only pushing the point that you where ignoring, the oddness of those first posts, remember I did that too? You tried to brush it off. He may have been trying to help you get in the game and play better. He did this for Link early on too.

Also these quotes and facts contradict your later points of Link---
Kybyrian said:
Axle the Beast said:
How can you honestly see these quotes and say this player is going to be able to contribute anything this game? Especially those last two, but even in the first two we have him automatically accusing his accuser without really giving any reason (which I DID give). He also asks us to tell him how to play, and I've constantly said to think for yourself. If he doesn't, he's going to be influenced by the Mafia.

Furthermore, even going with the idea that he's another townie as a buffer for later in the game, that's still another inexperienced townie who will likely put his vote on the wrong person or be controlled by the Mafia.

We have nothing to gain by leaving him alive and there are many factors he presents which can prove detrimental to us. My vote still stands as does my recommendation for others to follow suit.
He likes to focus on one person, doesn't he? He is extremely convinced that linksbro is a townie, but he's also a dangerous townie. It would seem, though, instead of keeping an open mind to the other players he simply wants to focus on linksbro. Easy to do if you know the roles of everybody, right? Who needs to pay attention when you have all that information available at your fingertips?
Now you are damning him for going After Link, when, before you where saying he should be? Hello?

Axle the Beast said:
He also claims that lynching him if he was a townie was a winning situation... how nice.
Kybyrian said:
I understand how some townies can be detrimental to the town
Do.. you even understand the word detrimental Ky? Means it can hurt, damage, destroy, if you think someone is detrimental, mafia or not lynching them is a good idea. Are you saying you had thought Linkbro was mafia, that why you where voting for him only? You were also pushing this point just like Bay did as why Axle should be lynched, ignoring the fact that Axles stands by this reasoning every game (remmeber game 2), ones when he WAS defiantly town.

Why is everyone saying that if Axle's town their gonna vote for Bayside? If Axle happens to be town that means Bayside is automatically Mafia? That's very vauge evidence. One of them doesn't have to be scum. They could both easily be townies. I've seen it happen alot before,when two townies accuse each other both thinking the others Mafia.Voting for Bayside just because Axle ends up town makes no sense to me,and seems pretty risky.

... that sounds very weird, you vote for Axle saying that it seems safe? Now you talk that if he is townie then probably Bay is? Sounds like you know who is who more then you have been letting on, and that you didn't really think Axle was Mafia in the first place. You say it happens a lot, that two people going at it are both town, then why did you push for Axle's death?

I would if I could, but, I can't... That much would be rule breaking.
... Bay it would haven been only be braking the rules is you post screen shots, and out side information like from AIM, active-user lists, and shout box. YOU know this. You can be more start foreword, to the point and use facts and logic to make your points and suspicions solid to convey them to others.

Kybyrian

Hmm, unsure of who made the nightkill against green goron, but if it's the SK then let's just hope that our vig doesn't start to go wrong after that.

EBWODP: Assuming Mafia got the other kill, of course.

There's no point in trying to figure out what characters are what roles, we will find out eventually. Lets stay on topic and talk about the game

About the power roles comment, my guess is it had something to do with the abilities that were used during night 0. This is a closed setup game so who knows what kind of roles are out there

Cucco Power is acting strange indeed. I'm not surprised people are FoSing and voting for Cucco Power, but it's unlikely he is mafia. Like Kybryian said, he is probably just inexperienced. This happens in nearly every mafia game in the beginning, a new player will post randomly and get all the votes then flip townie. An easy first kill for the mafia.

No. From the first post:

EBWODP

Uh, if Cucco Power wants to die, then I'd rather he gets replaced instead of modkilled, it would suck to lose a townie (assuming he is) so soon in the game, and there are a lot of replacements available

I don't know why you guys would vote linksbro while thinking he's a townie. That makes zero sense to me. It seems like people jumped ship from voting Cucco Power to linksbro, for the same reason. The point of the game is to find mafia members

How do pointless posts make him a threat? Bayside is the only one making sense right now. By lynching linksbro we are just having 2 townies die instead of just 1. Not a good way to start off the game.

There isn't really anyone I think is too suspicious right now to me. The only person I even slightly suspect right now is Sasuke. He seems to accuse people then back off and apologize when they respond. He could be trying to plant seeds without seeming to suspicious. I acted in a similar way when I was a mafia member in Round 2

I could just be reading too much into it though. He does have the most posts out of anyone so there is more to go off of over other people who have just a couple posts or haven't posted yet.

As for the vote, I'm not going to vote anyone until we get more posts. Like I said above, I'd rather have a no lynch than vote for someone who we know is probably a townie, no matter how useless you guys think they might be. There is no reason to rush into a vote when no deadline has been announced yet.

Interesting that you guys are trying to get rid of useless people instead of mafia members. First Cucco, and now linksbro. And on the first day of the game too.
I think he may have learned his lesson. He is a new player, as I'm sure many others in this game are, so you can't expect him not to make mistakes. He still has shown no signs of being mafia imo. I think those who have voted for him should unvote. Axle and others have said that his posts are a threat to the town, but I think he has caused even more trouble for the town by starting the bandwagon. Look at all the time we are wasting discussing whether or not to vote for someone who most think is a townie. We need to shift focus and try to find mafia.

If you think linksbro is a mafia, then you should vote for him, I have no problem with that. I just have a problem with people voting for him and saying they think he is a townie.

Weren't you mafia in Round 2? :huh:

I know we were both mafia that round, that's why I was confused by your post. You worded it like you were a townie, which I thought was strange...

I totally agree with BSR. I don't know what you guys want linksbro to say. He's trying hard to defend himself. You guys tell him to find more evidence and accuse others, then when he accuses others you say its "hes accusing his accusers" and that's a scum tell. I don't think anything he would have said would have gotten you guys to unvote. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of voters are mafia.

He clearly says that his mafia experience is IRL only, with this post. This is his first time playing internet mafia

I'm surprised with your vote for linksbro, and to be honest I think it's suspicious. At first you were defending the town voting for him and now you've flipped and are voting for him yourself.
It's likely the godfather is telling the mafia to put in the final votes on linksbro so he gets lynched, since he can only get lynched with 12 votes and not a majority vote. So because of that I think Keyshe and dracomajora are suspicious.
linksbro pretty much has no chance now, but I'm interested to see where the final vote comes from...

FoS: Keyshe, Dracomajora

EBWODP

Above, in the second sentence of the last paragraph, I meant to say "At first you were defending him and now you've flipped and are voting for him yourself"

I never said that all people against him are Mafia. But it is pretty obvious that at least a few of them are. When votes start stacking up against a person, the mafia steps in and trys to get that person voted off. Obviously not every mafia member will vote against that person because that would be dumb.

I did read yours and others reasons for voting, and can see what you mean by saying random posts cause more bad for the town than good, but I still think it's a bad move voting off a bad townie.

All we've done is give the mafia an easy way to get a first kill.

I'm not 100% sure that linksbro is a townie either, but to me, the chance is greater than 50% that he is innocent, and I think there are others who have a higher chance to be mafia who myself and others have pointed out. That's who we should be discussing. It seems like all we've talked about is linksbro for the entire 24 pages.

I wasn't in mafia 1, but in round 2 I don't remember the town killing off anyone who they thought was a useless townie. There were only a couple of votes where someone voted for someone they thought was a bad townie, but nothing even close to a lynch.

Anyway, all we can hope for now is that linksbro turns out to be mafia. At least his death will give us some leads for the next day.

EBWODP

Sorry, I was typing that up before the last vote and lynch came in

Going by the description of the death, the killer was most likely the SK, not the Vigilante

Either way, glad one mafia member is down. Let's hope this second day goes much smoother than the last one.

I was thinking there is no way that the mafia would miss their nightkill vote, but Viral did say the night won't last more than 48 hours, and it's been almost exactly 48 hours, so it's definitely a possibility. Maybe the Godfather is an inactive?

If they are inactive and you choose a random nightkill, can that random nightkill include a member of the mafia? Or is the kill only selected from a list of townies?

I second this 100%. I'm not sure at all about Axle or BSR. Both of their playstyles are unique and I don't know what to make of it. Both of their arguments for voting for each other aren't that strong either. One thing I do know, is that I don't trust either of them. They're both good players, but it's not clear which side they are on.
As others have said, I don't like that Axle seems to have power over townies. Kybyrian and MK9 didn't bother giving an explanation for their BSR vote and pretty much just said "I agree with Axle".
We have to think on our own when deciding who to vote for, instead of just going along with the group.

There's one thing that proves BSR's innocence though, that we seem to have overlooked:

Let's look at how Zelda's Child (who was mafia) voted then unvoted for her:

She put in the last vote for linksbro to get him lynched, but even then she states that she's very suspicious of BSR, setting up a future vote for her.
Of course it's possible that it's mafia voting for mafia to cause confusion, but Zelda's Child originally voted for BSR right after Pocket Asian voted for her, and was trying to create a bandwagon of more votes for BSR. It seems the mafia is targeting Baysiderulez, so IMO she's innocent

@ Keyshe, Regarding Cucco Power / linksbro - The difference between CP and linksbro is that people voted for CP because they thought his behavior was scummy, but with linksbro they voted him because they thought he was being destructive. I didn't have a problem with people suspecting CP if they thought he might be mafia, I only had a problem with voting for "bad" townies. That's why I had a difference in opinion.

What do you mean by "there are three mafia left" ? It's never been stated anywhere how many mafia are in the game, so it's strange how you would know that info. Unless I'm missing something?

As has been said already, Watch Your 6 just joined the game, so you can't expect him to have many posts. As for myself, I think I've been pretty active and have been trying to post as much as I can. There are many who have less posts than me so I'm not sure why you chose me

I doubt there are only 4 mafia. The game started with 23, so that's not a good ratio of town to mafia. Unless there is more than one mafia faction.

Also, not sure if you know this, but you can go to the Forum Games section, and click on "Replies" next to the Mafia game thread, and a pop-up will come up showing how many times each person has posted. Very useful to keep track of posts

After a lot of reading and thinking, I'm gonna go with
Vote: Axle the Beast

I was really trying to stay out of the whole Axle vs. Bay thing, because I wasn't sure if either of them are mafia or not. But I think one of them has to go, or this will continue on. In my opinion Bay has shown to have a higher chance to be a townie.

I agree with Keyshe's post here. It's strange how Axle is pushing so hard to get Bay lynched. I thought the purpose of lynching linksbro is so we can focus on finding scum on the second day? Yet the first thing Axle does on the 2nd day is vote for Bay for pretty much the same reasons, saying that Bay's posts are "crazy" and she is intentionally trying to bog down the town. Even he said that the 2nd day will go much smoother and we will focus on finding mafia.
He's rarely even posted analysis on anyone else. Also, he seems to have been laying low ever since he's gotten some votes and the heats been on him. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

Another person I've had my eye on for a while is Sasuke. I posted my suspicion of him in day 1 here, and he's continued to act strangely. But I think he's just gotten unwanted attention on him because of newbie mistakes.
IGMEOY: Sasuke

After reading through theses posts (These happen to be ALL 14 of Illimatic's posts, he was fairly quiet) It seems that the bulk of his posts seem to reference Keyshe and Sasuke. Now whether the mafia are trying to frame them, or destroy him before he got a little too loud with his suspicions I do not know... But I know I am going to keep a closer eye on Keyshe, and I might have just been right in voting for Sauske on day one. It is likely my vote today will end on him as well, for reasons mentioned on both day one and day two, and now this revealed evidence on day 3.

Kirino

Tatakae
... that sounds very weird, you vote for Axle saying that it seems safe? Now you talk that if he is townie then probably Bay is? Sounds like you know who is who more then you have been letting on, and that you didn't really think Axle was Mafia in the first place. You say it happens a lot, that two people going at it are both town, then why did you push for Axle's death?

I didn't say that if Axle was townie then probably Bay was. I said that if Axle was town then Bay still could be townie too,because everyone was saying that if Axle was town then Bay had to be Mafia. And I did think Axle was mafia. I said if Axle was town. I didn't think Axle was town at all. I was just using that as an example. It does happen alot that two people going at it are both town,but it happens even more than one is mafia. I just said that both of them being town was a possibility. I had reason to believe Axle was Mafia,so I voted for him. I just said that both of them could be town because everyone was saying that if Axle was town,then Bay was almost for sure Mafia. Your accusations don't make much sense to me. I thought that it was incredibly obvious what the message I was trying to get across was,and that I was just using Axle being town as an example. I'm getting a suspicious vibe off of you. I don't know,I just have a feeling that your Mafia. Your behavior just seems scumish to me. I'm not really that suspicious of you,and don't have any real evidence,but I've got my eye on you.

IGMEOY:Keysh

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Okay so nobody has posted since yesterday so I will post but my current analysis shows nothing more than my slight suspicion of Keyshe still. Post people! But yes, we need to plan our lynches a lot better so we don't make the same mistake again. Observation supremo begins now.

Kesh is smart, shes actually rather brilliant... very dangerous for us if she is mafia, but extremely helpful to the town if she's not. Which is why I don't really even want to touch her.... With her being such an unknown in my mind... its a dangerous direction to go even thinking of her.

I haven't noticed any real differences in her playing style from game 2, and if I remember correctly she wasnt in game 3? A part of me just wants to wait until she blunders before going after her... if she even allows her self a blunder post.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
That's the thing, Jo. Like you said, Keyshe is brilliant either way. I'm just waiting for her to slip up, but she probably won't so I don't know where to go from here...post people!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom