• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a very quiet day... What so far its been... You, me, Keyshe, and Kyby? Oh I guess Meego and Zack posted as well... and illmatic and green goron too. That's still only 8 out of the 23... So 1/3 of us have reported in. This means the other 2/3's is either lurking or has forgotten.

This has been a very quiet day... What so far its been... You, me, Keyshe, and Kyby? Oh I guess Meego and Zack posted as well... and illmatic and green goron too. That's still only 8 out of the 23... So 1/3 of us have reported in. This means the other 2/3's is either lurking or has forgotten.
Our total number is 21, as linksbro321 and Zelda's_Child is dead. The ratio would still be correct though

lol thanks for the correction. for some reason I only remembered Zelda Child's death and had already forgotten about Linksbro.

Hmm perhaps thats a good way to start. Who did vote for Linksbro. And maybe we should run some analysis on them. Its highly likely that some of his votes were from mafia members.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
Wait, so the Mafia nightkilled their own member, Zelda's Child? That makes no sense, so it must have been a vigilante kill. But if it was, who got killed by the mafia? I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, so the Mafia nightkilled their own member, Zelda's Child? That makes no sense, so it must have been a vigilante kill. But if it was, who got killed by the mafia? I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Zelda's_Child was indeed killed by a vigilante or serial killer, then the mafia didn't kill anyone.

David

But you called me here...
HoM, checking in (happy Bay?). Yeah, we should look at some of the people that voted for linksbro321. There could be some scum lurking there. Not everyone, of course, put its possible that one or two of them are. But then again, there is a chance that Zelda's_Child was the only scum that voted for linksbro321.

Normally I would look at the fact that both Kybyrian and Axle the Beast survived the night as a scumtell, just because these people tend to not live very long on account of their wit. However since I atleast believe the mafia to have been inactive (or atleast the godfather/mother) It's hard to come to a conclusion. I wouldn't at all be surprised if one (if not both) are scum.

Kyby's carefree attitude looks like an attempt to hide his scumminess, but he could also just as easily be foolin' around like he says for lulz. Axle on the other hand ADVOCATED for the death of a townie KNOWING (highly likely) that he was a town. This should be of some concern. Linksbro put no pressure on Axle whatsoever, but why did Axle pick him as a daytime target? Was he testing the water just to see how resistant we would be to his mafia rule? Or is there something else at work... Anyways... given the events that occurred on the forums today I will wait another 24 hours to allow him to respond before turning my accusations into a vote.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Kazumi, Turo602, Icetomeetyou, link to present, MK9, Meego7, Epwna, TheGreen, and Green Goron should all post more.

I know some of you on this list have recently posted. Thats good, keep it up, but everyone I just named has 7 or less posts.

However since I atleast believe the mafia to have been inactive (or atleast the godfather/mother) It's hard to come to a conclusion. I wouldn't at all be surprised if one (if not both) are scum.

I don't think its expressly stated in the rules, but in the event of Mafia being inactive, (besides me replacing them) I will randomly choose a nightkill for them if I don't receive one on time.
I should add that to the rules...

I don't think its expressly stated in the rules, but in the event of Mafia being inactive, (besides me replacing them) I will randomly choose a nightkill for them if I don't receive one on time.
I should add that to the rules...

If they are inactive and you choose a random nightkill, can that random nightkill include a member of the mafia? Or is the kill only selected from a list of townies?

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Well. After searching through all of Zelda_Child's amazingly large amount of 7 posts (:P) i've found the following:
nothing.

Well nothing notable at least. I'm upset I didn't notice this earlier:
I totally agree with Jo. I see too many people jumping on the Linksbro bandwagon. I'm still undecided on who to vote for at the moment, I'm going to wait and see if I find more suspicious behaviour... I'm a complete mafia newbie...
and then she said

Actually, I'm changing my mind.

Even though I'm very suspicious of Jo, I agree with everyone else on Linksbro321. The only way that we're going to get anything done in this game is a majority vote. And if majority so far is voting for Linksbro, then it shall be.

Unvote: Baysiderulez
VOTE: Linksbro321

total scum tell. But as a town we failed to notice this and get the lynch. We were blinded by linksbro who was quite a big distraction. Also, there's a possibility that Zelda's child was told to reverse her claim to alleviate suspicions by a more experienced mafioso and that's why Zelda's_child flipped her vote, but nothing I can pin down on anyone.

I don't think we'll be able to determine which of the voters is scum, but in the future, if a suspicious person happens to have voted for linksbro then we can use that as more evidence as it's likely that scum would've contributed to the bandwagon.

As i've stated in previous posts I'm suspicious of Baysiderulez and Sasuke Uchiha.

--First part of my post, please read, addressing accusations against me and suspicions I have--

oh really now? The double standard has been set. Funny how you criticize me for doing the same thing, then defend yourself, and didn't you criticize Linksbro for criticizing Cucco Power then doing the same thing HIMSELF?
There's no double standard there. She claims to make the mistake of missing something. While she could be lying, she still claims it was a mistake whereas you yourself intentionally ignored posts and admitted to it.

I highly suspect Axle to be scum. He is cunning, he is tricky, he is just witty enough to go undetected as a mafia member (much like the infamous MK9) Given past habits and games. It wouldn't at all surprise me if he was guilty of being scum.

I know on day one I was highly suspicious of both him and Sasuke. I will take my notes and see who poses the greater risk. I have that sinking feeling both are foe.
You basically just said that you suspect me based entirely on the fact that I am so good at the game. Fair enough, I suppose, but it's not enough to pursue a lynch.

I mentioned Sasuke's weirdness lightly before you did, before anyone did. Why would I do that if I was Mafia?

Normally I would look at the fact that both Kybyrian and Axle the Beast survived the night as a scumtell, just because these people tend to not live very long on account of their wit. However since I atleast believe the mafia to have been inactive (or atleast the godfather/mother) It's hard to come to a conclusion. I wouldn't at all be surprised if one (if not both) are scum.

Kyby's carefree attitude looks like an attempt to hide his scumminess, but he could also just as easily be foolin' around like he says for lulz. Axle on the other hand ADVOCATED for the death of a townie KNOWING (highly likely) that he was a town. This should be of some concern. Linksbro put no pressure on Axle whatsoever, but why did Axle pick him as a daytime target? Was he testing the water just to see how resistant we would be to his mafia rule? Or is there something else at work... Anyways... given the events that occurred on the forums today I will wait another 24 hours to allow him to respond before turning my accusations into a vote.
Kybyrian died once... which was YOUR doing unless I'm mistaken. There's no reason to think he should die regularly. Similarly, I was only killed by Mafia in the second game, largely because Ky wanted to troll me if I'm not mistaken. In the third game, you should know better than anyone that it wasn't the Mafia who killed me but either the Serial Killer or Vigilante, since you yourself was the Godmother.

I've explained my reasons for lynching linksbro, and clearly half the town agreed with me. You also, AGAIN, know I am an advocate of killing chaotic townies and even did so in Mafia 2, which you've completely ignored. It is in no way a scumtell for me; it's how I play.

I'd love an explanation for why you've ignored so many of my points and your own knowledge of my Mafia game in order to try to stress your point. By leading the town, which I might add is one of the original reasons you suspected ME.

Either way, now would be a good time for some people who know what went on last night to speak up.
What? And get themselves killed by the Mafia the next night?

I'm no longer sure about Jo at all. At first I thought she just wanted to get killed because she didn't originally intend to play, but now she seems to be getting serious about this game and her behavior is frankly crazy. Near the end of the last day she based her accusations on ignorance of facts about the suspects she knows very well. Then she proceeded to ignore most of the arguments against her and manipulate the situation, while doing the very thing she accused me of. Finally, now on this day I see her coming up with elaborate reasoning which I've explained about means nothing at all and seems to be basing it all on the fact that me and Ky COULD be Mafia. And finally she requests the people with night roles to COME OUT AND TELL US ABOUT IT? What. The. Hell?

Jo's either Mafia or she's intentionally trying to bog down the town, so I regard her as dangerous now.

Vote: Baysiderulez

Other things I'm wary of I thought I should bring up...

Sasuke's already been a suspect for a number of us. Compared to his posting last day, this post is inconsistent. It's more of a newbie "I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!" kind of post, compared to his previous accusatory, somewhat aggressive posts. It's also the continuation of the whole discussion about what happened last Night, and it's not really something we can deduce (at least in a way that'll help us) at this time, so it almost seems like a diversion or confusion tactic.

Although I get a worse vibe from...

HoM, checking in (happy Bay?). Yeah, we should look at some of the people that voted for linksbro321. There could be some scum lurking there. Not everyone, of course, put its possible that one or two of them are. But then again, there is a chance that Zelda's_Child was the only scum that voted for linksbro321.
I got a bad feeling from this message, something I've learned to try to trust while playing Mafia. This post accomplishes nothing but agree with already established theories, and not even that strongly. Purely noncommittal. Additionally, HoM only made it after being pressured to. These together are seeming a lot like scummy behavior.

--Part two of the post, just me addressing the thread so far--

I never said that all people against him are Mafia. But it is pretty obvious that at least a few of them are. When votes start stacking up against a person, the mafia steps in and trys to get that person voted off. Obviously not every mafia member will vote against that person because that would be dumb.

I did read yours and others reasons for voting, and can see what you mean by saying random posts cause more bad for the town than good, but I still think it's a bad move voting off a bad townie.

I'm not 100% sure that linksbro is a townie either, but to me, the chance is greater than 50% that he is innocent, and I think there are others who have a higher chance to be mafia who myself and others have pointed out. That's who we should be discussing. It seems like all we've talked about is linksbro for the entire 24 pages.

I wasn't in mafia 1, but in round 2 I don't remember the town killing off anyone who they thought was a useless townie. There were only a couple of votes where someone voted for someone they thought was a bad townie, but nothing even close to a lynch.
Ah, so that's what you meant. You weren't too clear there. Yes, it's a common Mafia tactic to jump on a bandwagon, but considering like... 12 people I think... voted for linksbro, the majority being Mafia is... basically impossible. Also seemed like you were saying the only reason at all to vote him off was in conscious support of the Mafia.

Well, actually, a big part of what I was saying is that he was a huge distraction. You said yourself he's basically all we've been talking about. I saw it necessary to put a stop to that, and it's hard to argue with the results.

In all Mafia games I've played where I lived past day 1 or day 2, I've advocated the death of chaotic townies like that. Actually, even in, I think Mafia 2, I got Elfen killed for almost identical reasons to this.

Also, you have to realize that while things might not have happened as extreme like this in the past, THIS game has the new rule that the only way to get a lynch is to get a majority lynch. In other words, every lynch is going to be a bandwagon-y thing like this, to a greater or lesser degree.

This is good news for us, but perplexing news all the same. What it appears to have happened is that our roleblocker (assuming there even is one) may have blocked the mafia from attacking, or they failed to get their PM In in time.... What this kill also tells us is, that there is in fact some form of 3rd party with a night kill ability. How else would a mafia die in the night?
Or the doctor pulled through. At any rate, it's impossible that the Mafia killed their own, so this death is the work of someone else or some special kind of ability. No matter what though, this indicates our townie roles are not as useless as you claimed early on.

This is the only thing of significance that I've grabbed so far. Could possibility hint towards Pocket himself being a vig/sk -type role.
If he is, then he made a big mistake because announcing your suspicions either before or after you nightkill them makes it obvious. I think Pocky is too smart for that.

I guess we'll just have to find out through discussion in this day period and others to come ;)
Then again, this was a really weird response, but I still doubt it meant anything.

Axle the Beast said:
Then again, this was a really weird response, but I still doubt it meant anything.
I'll let you guys be the judges of whether or not what I said had any meaning at all.

My whole point of saying that was to get Mafia out. The mafia's greatest fear is the vigilante and serial killer. If they think I'm one of them, then surely they'll try to go against me during this day period. Or they'll kill me off with a nightkill.

However way it goes, I see myself dying soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom