• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Machiavelli Personality Test...!

Nicole

luke is my wife
Wow, I got a 64. :P

Most of the questions on the quiz were awfully cynical. Some of them I did agree with, to an extent. Everything has an exception. I really don't know who this man was, that the quiz would be based off him. I found these statements to be very negative. Rather than a personality quiz, this might be more of a "What Not To Do" guide.

I actually had "Disagree" for most of my answers, so I feel pretty good about that.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I got a 68. I thought the questions, though cynical, applied directly to the world we live in today. It says alot about what kind of person you are. I agreed yes to a few of the other people questions. People have deep evils inside of them, and anyone can be a liar or a cheat. The questions reveal a few truths about who has their eyes open and who has their's closed.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I got a 68. I thought the questions, though cynical, applied directly to the world we live in today. It says alot about what kind of person you are. I agreed yes to a few of the other people questions. People have deep evils inside of them, and anyone can be a liar or a cheat. The questions reveal a few truths about who has their eyes open and who has their's closed.

I agree...and my results actually surprised me a bit, as well...

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I got a 51.

There were a few ?'s a strongly disagreed with and a few I strongly agreed with.

Many of those ?'s get really deep into someone's personality which I found rather unique and interesting.

linkman8

True and Noble
Machiavelli did seem to have a rather interesting, cynical outlook on society. And these questions don't even really address any of his political views; only his social views. Apparently, though, I seem to endorse some of his points with a 61.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I got a 66, though I thought some of the questions were too generic to give an appropriate answer, so I left those as "3"s.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I got a 50 on the test. I had to say, I agreed with almost everything on this. Only 1/4 of the time did I answer with something else. I dont' feel as this is an accurate measure of a person's personality though, seeing as how there seem to only be two results. My result only somewhat describes me; part of it was actually way off.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I got 76, kinda...high compared to what a lot of you are getting. I guess this puts me as a rather cynically-inclined person, which I am.

I'm not terribly familiar with Machiavelli, other than the fact that he wrote The Prince and saw little wrong with exploitation. The one question on that test that really struck me was "Anyone who completely trusts anyone else is asking for trouble." I totally agree with that on the basis that no one is perfect, everyone has their own immoral portions of their personality, and everyone is capable of stepping on someone else to get a boost in life (not that everyone will intentionally, but still).

The fact that so far all of us have gotten over 50 is interesting. Just something to point out.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!

Doesn't surprise me. If you'd caught me at a different time I might actually have clicked a few "Strongly Agree/Disagree"s and it might have been higher. I definitely tend to deviate towards cynicism when I'm stressed out (as most people probably do) XD

I found myself nodding at a fair amount of the questions, but some of the questions though... I still think they portrayed things as being too cleanly cut, and didn't allow for the inevitable exceptions. I might be fairly cynical at times, but it still isn't entirely fair to make such sweeping generalisations about everyone else... I'd rather still be optimistic about humanity. I do agree with some of these things and that does make me appropriately cautious... but I secretly like being proved wrong XD

The fact that so far all of us have gotten over 50 is interesting. Just something to point out.

Heh, I was thinking about this too. What a cynical bunch we are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom