• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mac Vs PC for Video Editing.

Mac vs PC for Video Editing and Recording

• Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • P.C.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Mac has Final Cut Pro (I think that is the program?) which IMO is leagues ahead of Sony Vegas. I'm not too big on video editing as all I have is Vegas Pro 9.0c, but I'm pretty sure most people prefer Final Cut. So Mac wins on this front.

Big Octo

=^)
Mac has Final Cut Pro (I think that is the program?) which IMO is leagues ahead of Sony Vegas. I'm not too big on video editing as all I have is Vegas Pro 9.0c, but I'm pretty sure most people prefer Final Cut. So Mac wins on this front.
Yeah, pretty much. Final Cut is one of the best things out there, so I'd recommend it.

Mac. Both iMovie, as well as Final Cut and even Aperture are far more superior than Windows Movie Maker or something of the like. Everything on the Mac as far as editing goes, is just so simple and so streamlined, yet you can do so much!

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Mac. Both iMovie, as well as Final Cut and even Aperture are far more superior than Windows Movie Maker or something of the like. Everything on the Mac as far as editing goes, is just so simple and so streamlined, yet you can do so much!
Awesome! I think ill defiantly get a Mac for editing, but a Laptop probably. Which one Should I get though? MacBook Pro or MackBook Air?

Last edited:

Hero of…. #s, I guess
First, definitely get a Mac. Final Cut Pro is the best movie editing software on the market, but if you don't want to buy it, the free iMovie is very good as well.

Also, if you're going to be doing video editing a lot, I would highly recommend getting a MacBook Pro as the Air is simply not going to have the power for complex video editing tasks.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I do prefer iMovie much more over WMM. It works very well for a small video, is easy to use, and can save in many formats that are simpler to figure out than WMM has.

For professional video editing software, I do use Final Cut; however, may professionals are turning away from this because their newest update, Final Cut Pro X, is very subpar in quality (I don't have that version). I am working on learning Adobe Premiere, which also works on both Macs and PCs. I've never used Sony Vegas, and know of few people who do.

I do still say the Mac is the better system. The controls are easier to handle, and they use both of the major video editing programs. My only complaint is that in Final Cut, converting to AVI has cause me to lose a lot of the quality of a movie. It doesn't matter if it's a YouTube video, but it does make it more complicated if it's a DVD issue (but not impossible). But, other than that, it is very easy to use, and there are great video tutorials on it.

The Mac Book Pro handles both programs very well that I have used, and I've not encountered any issues. iMovie is great for importing videos, although I have lost some quality with it, but not anything major yet. Also, my Mac has never had any issues so much as lagging or needing to refresh the programs, which is great because that can cause lots of unsaved data (and Final Cut automatically saves) or it can cause issues in knowing how good the edit is if the playback lags.

So, yes, the Mac Book Pro, or a nice iMac, is definitely the best, in my opinion, to get for video editing. It will work with all software, and supports many kinds of files. A 13" works very well so far as viewing, but a larger screen is always nicer in that sense. And the MacBook Air is not a good idea if you're looking for editing, as it is too light.

EDIT: Also video recording is very easy to do with iMovie, so that's another plus.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I do prefer iMovie much more over WMM. It works very well for a small video, is easy to use, and can save in many formats that are simpler to figure out than WMM has.

For professional video editing software, I do use Final Cut; however, may professionals are turning away from this because their newest update, Final Cut Pro X, is very subpar in quality (I don't have that version). I am working on learning Adobe Premiere, which also works on both Macs and PCs. I've never used Sony Vegas, and know of few people who do.

I do still say the Mac is the better system. The controls are easier to handle, and they use both of the major video editing programs. My only complaint is that in Final Cut, converting to AVI has cause me to lose a lot of the quality of a movie. It doesn't matter if it's a YouTube video, but it does make it more complicated if it's a DVD issue (but not impossible). But, other than that, it is very easy to use, and there are great video tutorials on it.

The Mac Book Pro handles both programs very well that I have used, and I've not encountered any issues. iMovie is great for importing videos, although I have lost some quality with it, but not anything major yet. Also, my Mac has never had any issues so much as lagging or needing to refresh the programs, which is great because that can cause lots of unsaved data (and Final Cut automatically saves) or it can cause issues in knowing how good the edit is if the playback lags.

So, yes, the Mac Book Pro, or a nice iMac, is definitely the best, in my opinion, to get for video editing. It will work with all software, and supports many kinds of files. A 13" works very well so far as viewing, but a larger screen is always nicer in that sense. And the MacBook Air is not a good idea if you're looking for editing, as it is too light.

EDIT: Also video recording is very easy to do with iMovie, so that's another plus.
Awesome, Thanks a lot everyone, I probably wont have The Macbook Pro until a month after i need it for my lets plays, But im deffinatly gonna get it now :)

Now all i got to say is, TO EBAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom