• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mac or PC?

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
So basically, hands down I think Mac Computers are pretty awesome, not only because the hardware is considered "safer" and much harder to hack, but also because it's got a really good set of graphics that make all of the programs and apps look really good. PCs are kinda nice, I mean that's what I currently have... It also costs much less than a Mac, which is also great if you're on a budget. Windows is more commonly used in America(except by people in movies... everyone in the movies have Macs) and is just more popular and well-known...

So which do you prefer? Apple or Windows?

Dan

I prefer windows, and Macs aren't harder to hack, it's just because less people use them so less hacks. They essentially are PCs anyway but just have a apple label slapped on them and a ramped up price. I've not really used the apple operating system much. I will admit it has a pretty decent look about it, I've always likeed the way it loads programs.

Austin

Austin
For the record, Macs /are/ PCs. I know it's common to say something like "yo bro gonna go get my mac fixed #YOLO" but they are actually just regular computers, despite what Apple's marketing team would like you to think. I'm assuming by PC you are referring to Windows. This isn't me just being nitpicky because PC could technically refer to any number of operating systems.

Now that I'm done being anal, I prefer Windows to Mac simply because I can install it on a much wider range of hardware. If I want to have a smooth experience with OSX, I need to buy overpriced hardware from Apple. I am aware of the existence of "Hackintoshes" but from what I've heard, anyone who sees them as a viable option has never actually tried to make it work. I also use my PC as my main gaming platform and Windows simply offers a much more streamlined experience for that. You can game on a Mac, but you either have to put up with a limited selection of titles or spend hours fiddling around to make a game work.

That being said, I'm not overly fond of either OS. Both have huge flaws and are produced by companies that I don't particularly care for.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I prefer Windows to Mac simply because I can install it on a much wider range of hardware.

I couldn't agree more.

To me both of those systems are pretty much the same and depending on what your job is, one might be better than the other one I guess. But to me, a regular guy that likes to play games and surf a lot on my computer so I prefer the windows because I jsut can't be bothered with paying more money to get a computer that is almost the same and can't even run all of the hardware that a windows computer can.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have a macbook and a windows PC. Yes mac has less virusses but like Dan said this is more because most people use windows anyway. But it doesn't mean you can't get a virus or spam or malware on your macbook. That's a common misunderstanding. I do like it in mac you can simply drag and drop files to other folders and you don't have to go through the whole copy and paste thing. Although in windows you can also drag your folders if you expand the sidebars.
I used my macbook mainly for my graphical work but to me it doesn;t really make a difference if I use my windows pc or macbook. I prefer my windows pc though. I don;t think the mac is that hard to use because I never had troubles with it but I just prefer windows.

I prefer PC to Mac any day. In my opinion Macs are just overpriced pieces of crap, they are just eye candy. As others have stated, you can't really swap out computer parts in a mac so they expect you to buy a new one every time something goes up. Also as others have said the only reason why windows gets viruses more than mac is because more people use windows. I guarantee that if Macintosh was the popular computer it would run the risk of viruses as well (not that it doesn't get viruses already).

Windows is my OS of choice, What can i say? I'm a Microsoft fanboy when it comes to computers. PCs have never let me down, i can easily replace what is broken, I can easily fix software issues and there are plenty of anti virus softwares such as Microsoft Security Essentials. They are affordable for people like me who are down on their luck.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
PC. I dislike Macs. They don't have much options than the PC has. I've always chosen PC over Mac. Mac has never brought my attention to it. Just no to Mac. PC is the way to go.

I use my Mac to produce music and type my papers and such. I use my PC for gaming and producing music. I prefer PC over my mac. But for art my mac over PC

izi

Not A Wizard
I love Mac, but I also love having a positive bank balance, so I as of this moment have a PC. I want a new iMac and/or MacBook Pro more than most things right now though!
Work, work, work, save, save, blow it all, pretend I didn't, work, save.....

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I have no doubt that Macs are great computers, but it's the only Apple product I just can't handle. Both times I've been forced to deal with a Mac, it's given me problems. I'm just too used to working pc's, the transition would just be too much work for me.

I think Macs are generally much better than PCs, especially for what I use a computer for. All I really use mine for is the internet and iTunes; and of course, iTunes runs infinitely better on a Mac than it does on a PC. I don't do PC gaming because I think it's pretty stupid, so no use for that option. Mac computers have much faster loading times, as well. They are a lot more expensive, and I agree they're a bit overpriced, but you pay for quality, and Macs are higher quality than PCs in nearly every aspect. And besides, PCs have more options? I've heard that many times, but I've never seen it proven. Macs can run Windows 7; PCs can't run OS X. I believe that speaks for itself.

Austin

Austin
Macs can run Windows 7; PCs can't run OS X. I believe that speaks for itself.
This actually isn't really indicative of any sort of quality. Macs can run Windows 7 because Windows was designed for a wider range of hardware and architectures while having a larger amount of drivers available. OSX, on the other hand, was tailored specifically for the hardware Apple purchases, as such, it doesn't run so hot on many hardware configurations. It is actually possible for a non-Apple computer to run OSX, you just need the right hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom