• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Lynells

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
You can defo get creative with killing Lynels with practice. One time I paraglided onto ones back and just smacked that ***** up. That was kind of a fluke though. Generally if you’re quick then stasis is the best way to do it but if not then some form of stun/attack combo with flurry rushes if you can execute those is the best method.

Wazurau

Cacodemonic Sage
Urubosa's Fury for easy stun chains and a lot o damage. Whenever they are downed, and you're able to ride on their back, DONT mount them and attack. You get more dps from just using a 2handed weapon on their side. The weapon will hit both legs separately and get double the dps you'd get from a normal 2 handed charge attack.

It's helpful if you know the lynels' attack patterns, and how to respond. There are tons of options for handling each attack, and it's up to your personal preference and playstyle for what will be most successful for you. For instance, when a lynel abruptly jumps away from you, he's about to breathe fire. I handle this by sidehopping, but people also sprint around it, or parry the fireballs. Also worth noting that as he starts the fire attack, you can quickly sprint behind him, and he will stop the attack. When a lynel does a running attack (sword lynels have two of these, spear and crusher lynels have one), if you dodge and do not trigger a flurry rush to interrupt the animation, you can quickly get behind him while he is braking, and mount without having to stun him. Mounted attacks are handy since they do not take off weapon durability. A lot of people switch to their most powerful weapon once they are on the lynel's back, since it doesn't waste durability, and then change it back after they get thrown off. Also, note that if you are using your bow to stun the lynel, your evasiveness is very poor while you have your bow equipped so make sure you put it away if you're planning on dodging any sudden attacks.

If you're still learning lynels' patterns, I'd recommend staying on the defensive and not rush the fight, until you get more comfortable with how they act.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
It's helpful if you know the lynels' attack patterns, and how to respond. There are tons of options for handling each attack, and it's up to your personal preference and playstyle for what will be most successful for you. For instance, when a lynel abruptly jumps away from you, he's about to breathe fire. I handle this by sidehopping, but people also sprint around it, or parry the fireballs. Also worth noting that as he starts the fire attack, you can quickly sprint behind him, and he will stop the attack. When a lynel does a running attack (sword lynels have two of these, spear and crusher lynels have one), if you dodge and do not trigger a flurry rush to interrupt the animation, you can quickly get behind him while he is braking, and mount without having to stun him. Mounted attacks are handy since they do not take off weapon durability. A lot of people switch to their most powerful weapon once they are on the lynel's back, since it doesn't waste durability, and then change it back after they get thrown off. Also, note that if you are using your bow to stun the lynel, your evasiveness is very poor while you have your bow equipped so make sure you put it away if you're planning on dodging any sudden attacks.

If you're still learning lynels' patterns, I'd recommend staying on the defensive and not rush the fight, until you get more comfortable with how they act.
The master has spoken, go in peace and defeat Lynels

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Flurry rushing sucks, what you do is climb on their back. When you're on their back the weapon won't take damage so you can use a Lynel club to do more damage in the long run

Edit: shoot them in the face with arrows

Last edited:
Was ready to take them on and go after the big boss and lost my setup in a fire. Managed to save the memory card but got to figure out how to get that data on the setup I bought (new thread ..memory card). Lost all of it and the new deal starts from the beginning. Guess I'm done with this game unless I get my old game back up. Oh well,been fun :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom