• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lying About Masturbation: Do People Really Fall for This?

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Everyone does this act; literally everyone. But there are those who lie about it for various reasons: embarrassment or the need to feel spiritually/religiously superior.

My question is: if the person has working genitalia and a pulse, do you really believe them when they claim they do not do the act?

Stitch

Local Alien
I don't know, nobody's ever upright told me that they don't. Of course I usually ever only talk to my close friends, so they're always willing to admit things like this to me. I've never really understood the stigma against the act either, as long as you aren't taking it to the extremes and doing something dangerous why is it wrong to make yourself happy in a way that doesn't affect anybody else? Who loses what from this act?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Forum Volunteer
Th sis something I only discuss with people I trust a lot, so I don't really have a whole lot of experience. I know some people who make a huge fuss about it for religious reasons, but as the saying goes...
thou dost protest too much

Axle the Beast

The Second Coming
Site Staff
Expecting that everyone in the world conforms to your mentality isn't really a good way to look at other people and doing so is utterly destructive toward trying to understand them. I'd probably doubt that there are people who haven't masturbated ever -- or at least started to (unless they're exceedingly sheltered) -- and I'm sure plenty of people who do it regularly and say they don't are lying, but I don't see why one would assume that everyone in the world does an act they do.

There are asexual people; why would they masturbate?

There are people who are adults and are still ridiculously misinformed about sex; take for example the Japanese couple who thought the wife would get pregnant just by them holding hands. Not hard to imagine them not knowing about it either.

And there are any number of reasons why someone wouldn't masturbate. You can't assume that your life and your drives and desires correspond to everyone else's. You can argue that they should -- I think a sex drive is a healthy thing when well-managed and masturbation isn't something I think anyone should look down on (especially since it can help you to well-manage it) -- but that doesn't mean everyone's going to see it your way.

Kybyrian

I dunno, man. I've only met one person before who has said that she has absolutely never masturbated, and after talking to her about it I'm inclined to believe her. I won't get into details for obvious reasons... but I think some people just don't choose to do it for various reasons, and there's nothing wrong with them not doing so. I don't think that because you believe it's completely natural to do it (which I believe), you have to disbelieve everyone who says that they don't do it. There are some people who just find it distasteful or have no sexual desires (however much I find that hard to believe), so there's no reason for them to masturbate. There are people who experiment around after only hearing about and find it uncomfortable or just don't wish to do it, like in the specific situation I was involved in.

I think it's natural and even healthy to have a well-balanced sexual lifestyle, but I don't think that everyone has to do it because of that. I think that widespread practice of masturbation is popularized by culture, anyway. When you're more informed about it, you're more likely to do it. I think that in a time with less awareness about every aspect of life, including masturbation, it was less prevalent, and I think that the same thing is true now to people who are simply ignorant of it.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I guess there may be the odd minority that don't masturbate, esp. those who aren't fond of sexual activity/pleasures [Asexuals]. Of course those people might have tried it and found out that it's just not for them, but I guess this topic is about regular masturbation.

Generally though, I assume most men/teenagers do masterbate and it's a perfectly natural act to stimulate your sexual needs. If you know how to do it then it's a given you'll probably masturbate to cater to your desires. Let's say you're sexually active (in a relationship or just having regular sex), you'll probably masturbate less, but even so, you'll probably do it on the odd occasion to fuel your sex drive.

Last edited:

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
This assertion of mine is pretty baseless and I could be wrong if certain individuals have an enormous amount of control over their sex drives that most people don't have, but I would be willing to bet that anyone with a properly functioning sex drive will find it absolutely impossible not to masturbate...and masturbate often. If you're an asexual then that's a different story of course, but otherwise, no...you're jerking it. I've read before that some young women can go a very long time before they actually start masturbating (to the upper 20s in some cases), but once you start I don't believe there's any going back. Also, pretty much all children masturbate without knowing what they're doing. Young children of both sexes will often engage in genital stimulation by rubbing up against things in certain positions because it feels good; usually not (or not being able to) reach any kind of orgasmic contractions, but there are plenty of exceptions.

Dan

Everyone does this act; literally everyone. But there are those who lie about it for various reasons: embarrassment or the need to feel spiritually/religiously superior.

My question is: if the person has working genitalia and a pulse, do you really believe them when they claim they do not do the act?
Can't say I do but I will not act out on my own beliefs until further evidence can be found.
Unfortunately, I don't really care if someone says they masturbate or not, I will still proudly tell them I do, I shall also insist that they do the same as it's a good activity to pass the time, furthermore masturbation can be rather beneficial to both one's mind and their skill in another area in this so called reality of the shin-colu.

Plenty of reasons some do not allow this pleasure to enter their realm of reality, for instance they may not feel the pleasure, or perhaps they may have deformed parts, needless to say this is more-so why I hold back on making jokes on the subject, the possibility of upsetting someone with deformed genitalia is a nightmare for me.
I think we all outgrow this question anyway, it's a question that's often asked by youngsters, I've never been asked if I toss myself off as an adult as the question is quite pointless, furthermore I don't think I can think of any situation that would require that question to be asked...

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Expecting that everyone in the world conforms to your mentality isn't really a good way to look at other people and doing so is utterly destructive toward trying to understand them. I'd probably doubt that there are people who haven't masturbated ever -- or at least started to (unless they're exceedingly sheltered) -- and I'm sure plenty of people who do it regularly and say they don't are lying, but I don't see why one would assume that everyone in the world does an act they do.

There are asexual people; why would they masturbate?

There are people who are adults and are still ridiculously misinformed about sex; take for example the Japanese couple who thought the wife would get pregnant just by them holding hands. Not hard to imagine them not knowing about it either.

And there are any number of reasons why someone wouldn't masturbate. You can't assume that your life and your drives and desires correspond to everyone else's. You can argue that they should -- I think a sex drive is a healthy thing when well-managed and masturbation isn't something I think anyone should look down on (especially since it can help you to well-manage it) -- but that doesn't mean everyone's going to see it your way.
Yeah and Michael Jackson claimed to be Asexual and everyone knows how that turned out

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I believe people if they say no. Whether they're lying or not I don't know, but, not everyone masturbates I suppose. I think a lot of people who say they don't secretly do however, and though I don't think people should be embarrassed about it at the same time I don't think it'll ever be socially acceptable to shout "I just had a wank!" down the street or just whip it out on the train and begin. It's a private thing and if people want to not talk about or admit doing it, I wouldn't pry.

Jedizora

:right:
There are certainly some people (who've gone through puberty) who don't masturbate. I'd imagine the percentage of single people who masturbate is far larger then the amount of single people who don't. I remember reading about some people who have stopped completely, as they were essentially addicted to it, and it had started to harm their everyday life. Some people also don't do it for religious reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom