• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Lucky Cartridge

Ive never told anyone this but way back when the game was still new and everyone used the n64 my older sister actually had a cartridge, so when i got a little older(im 12 now, but i mean when i like 7 or something) and i started learning about this game more i loaded up a save that was there previously, its was 100% complete. I mean 100%, every item, every heart, every skulltulla, every thing. so i asked my sister if it was her file and she said that it was there when she got it! Im not sure if it was with cheats or something, but seriously isnt that lucky? I still have this cartridge to this day, and i still play it some times. And if anyone actually cares the files name was jeremy, kinda interesting huh?

Where did she get it from? It must have been pre-owned, which is likely as you say this was about five years ago and the game was released in 1998. Anyway, I would probably have deleted it, but that's just me, there's nothing more for you to do in the file and you can't exactly keep it there for a sense of achievement when it wasn't you who did all the stuff.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
With Majora's Mask, I got it pre-owned (gold cartridge too, and before I rented it a lot) and there was a file named Zach on it that was 100% complete. I did not mind this anyway since I was 6 and the game was difficult for me.

Yes it was previously owned, but still don't you think that's pretty cool? I'm pretty sure there's a small chance of actually just buying a random game and having a 100% file on it, I always wondered who this "Jeremy" person was though, if i knew them I'd congratulate them for 100%. Oh and by the way this was an original cartridge so it still has the original fire temple music with the "Islamic chanting". I'm guessing it wasn't a newer version, and I would say he completed it way back when it came out. Also it wasn't 5 years ago, I'm just estimating, I was playing this game when i was probably 5 and I'm sure that the Nintendo 64 I have is from way back since I remember seeing that thing ever since I could walk. I feel lucky though because since i wasn't actually born in that generation of video games i still got to experience them. I Also kept the file just for the heck of it, why throw away weeks of effort that someone put in to something? Edit: Brandikins i have majora's mask gold cartridge too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm... If you're 12 now then the game wasn't "New" It came out in 1999 (which I think is the year you were born in) and the GBA was new back then, not the N64. And you had to be at least like five to understand the game and by then... Heck even Twilght Princess was out.

Umm... If you're 12 now then the game wasn't "New" It came out in 1999 (which I think is the year you were born in) and the GBA was new back then, not the N64. And you had to be at least like five to understand the game and by then... Heck even Twilght Princess was out.
Yeah i dont remember exactly how this rolled out, but somehow i have a cartridge which i found with 100% complete on it, and yes 1999 was when i was born

This isnt right. The N64 worked like the gamecube, The game saved to a memory card. Did she get the memory used?

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
wow... i always delete files as soon as i get pre owned games. i may go through them a little more now. i always wonder who played it first.Pre owned is AWESOME!

Just don't delete that jeremy file or...you know...all I'm going to say is...You shouldn't have done that...

Tom

With Majora's Mask, I got it pre-owned (gold cartridge too, and before I rented it a lot) and there was a file named Zach on it that was 100% complete. I did not mind this anyway since I was 6 and the game was difficult for me.

Mine was OoT and this also happened. Can't remember the name though. Dude actually had cleared everything and had the courage to sell it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom