• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lucid Dreams

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Last night I had another lucid dream! After posting on this topic, I googled how to get lucid dreams and found out (a really simple) way of getting them. During the day, if you keep on asking yourself "Am I awake?""Is this all a dream?" when something out of the ordinary or frustrating happens then your brain will start automatically thinking that if there is something odd going on, including in dreams!

Anyway, on with the dream...
(pre-lucid) All I could see was a screen with the reward screen from monster hunter up. It had a Medusa head, a Medusa head on a rope and a powered sword in it. It then zoomed out and showed me reading a book with my friend standing next to me. (lucid) I thought to myself, "Am I awake? Is this a dream?" I then turned to my friend and he said "Your lucid, so why don't you get the rusted weapons ~(rare weapons in monster hunter)~ I shouted NO! and slammed the book closed. I then ran to the window and smashed through it, hoping to fly, but i just floated to the ground. I then wanted to teleport back home, because it would be easier to get to places from where i was (outside some hotel my brain invented). I jumped up and down, but nothing happened, so i thought to close my eyes, spin around and picture my bedroom! I did that and statred spinning. I stopped and opened my eyes. I was in my room, but awake and not in a dream... The whole thing couldn't have lasted no more than 1-2 mins, but it was so vivid, it felt like an actual memory!

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
It's funny that I found this thread, because over the past few days I've been reading about lucid dreaming and trying to do it. From what I remember, I've never had a lucid dream, but I do have very, very, vivid dreams that I almost always remember. For ecample, the one I had last night. I don't want to share details because it's ah....rather embarrassing but it felt so incredibly real I was almost disappointed when I woke up. I'd LOVE to learn how to lucid dream though. Does anyone know any tips on how to start?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
It's funny that I found this thread, because over the past few days I've been reading about lucid dreaming and trying to do it. From what I remember, I've never had a lucid dream, but I do have very, very, vivid dreams that I almost always remember. For ecample, the one I had last night. I don't want to share details because it's ah....rather embarrassing but it felt so incredibly real I was almost disappointed when I woke up. I'd LOVE to learn how to lucid dream though. Does anyone know any tips on how to start?

Look at my last post and the one before it, also you can google how! I'd reccomend, because they are pretty awesome! As long as you don't look in a mirror, because in dreams, if you reflection is distorted, you can fall into a lucid nightmare which i presume is going to be absolutly terrifying!

There is no way I could ever do that. I rarely dream, and even if I do I never remember them after waking up. Seems like it would be neat to have one of these, but I'd rather have a dreamless, instantaneous transition into the next day.

Wait a mo, is lucid dreaming controlling your dream or just knowing that you are in one? If it's just knowing that you're in a dream, every dream I can actually remember is that way. I always dream from a third person perspective, like watching myself do stuff, so it would be pretty hard to confuse one of my dreams with reality.

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
To me it's a valuable skill that can be mastered for helpful purposes. It can help you learn (potentially) and even give you better sleep. I haven't had one in a while cause I've been extremely tired lately and when I am I skip dream state and go into deep slumber (no dreams in this state. It's simply deep sleep where your mind has no cognitive process at all.). However if you want to lucid dream it helps to go to sleep with a visual in your head, a smell, a taste,a sound, or any combination of these things. I've done it for some time so I can give pointers to anyone who wants them.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I can't say I remember having any lucid dreams. I do however have very vivid dreams, where I can remember stuff, but I can't say I've been able to control a dream when I know I'm dreaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom