• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lucid Dreams

Link8150

The 8150th Link
About 2 months ago I had a dream that I was in this warehouse-like building with a gun and I kept killing these guys who were coming in because they were trying to kill me. When I was able to get out I walked down this alleyway where there was this fog and some barricades, kind of like in an FPS where the map has boundaries. Well anyways, while I was in the alleyway I realized I was dreaming, and that is what a lucid dream is for those of you who didn't know. You realize you are dreaming, and then you have absolute control over the dream. So what I did is I moved the barricades and pushed the fog away, and then I started flying, and that is about all I remember. Since then I have had 5 lucid dreams, one of which was last night, although I didn't realize the potential of them until today. It has become such a common occurrence, that when I realize I'm dreaming I just get bored, but I looked it up, and some people have fought dinosaurs, flew to the top of huge mountains, walked through walls and on water and all kinds of things. So I just want to know, have any of you have lucid dreams? If so what did you do? Sorry if someone posted a thread about this, I looked at the whole first page and didn't see one.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I've known about lucid dreams for about a year, but I've been too lazy and unmotivated to actually try and have one(story of my life :rolleyes:).
If I ever did have one though, I'd do all sorts of fun stuff. Just what, I'd rather keep to myself.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
The description of the dream sounds like you've been playing too much COD.
I've only had one dream like that, I was walking along to school, when I began running then transformed into Pit ( a character from Kid Icarus if you didn't know ) and flew the rest of the way, then I had full control of the dream, so I transformed into a pokémon trainer and sent out a Rayquaza to destroy the school and fly away.
This dream keeps happening a lot, except with different characters, I think I knew why, I had just got super smash bros. brawl at the time. So I'm guessing why that happened.

The majority of my dreams and nightmares are of the lucid variety. I have a high degree of control over them, but I can't ever seem to run fast enough if I'm in danger or being chased. lol

I typed up this account of a dream nightmare I once had that was only "semi-lucid." That is to say, I had control over it, but not much.

Myself said:
I once had an awful nightmare that a certain group of people whose identities I will not mention were extremely psycho. Me and a small group of others were running through Hyrule Field during a violent thunderstorm, when suddenly, a huge twister - at least F4 - spawned out of the clouds. The winds blew heavily as we began to run faster towards the entrance to Hyrule Castle Town. I felt as though I was not running fast enough. My legs felt like they were being dragged by a strong force: a common occurrence in my nightmares. We arrived at the entrance only to find it was sealed shut, to our dismay. Out of several of the small window-like openings looked the aforementioned "psychos." We pleaded, "Let us in, please! We're going to be torn to shreds! We're going to die out here!" Our efforts were in vain, as we were met with nothing but sneers of ridicule. "Haha! You'll all die!", They shouted. At that point I woke up...

That dream nightmare was peculiar, seeing as I usually have some degree of control of my dreams. That is to say, most if not all my dreams are of the lucid variety. Given my persona, I took this somnial event as a harbinger of doom, but I have yet encountered a real-world scenario with which I could equate such a horrid nightmare. Perhaps I'm fortunate in that regard... [noparse]:D[/noparse]

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I practiced and achieved this over the summer but then school came up again so I had too much in my mind. I find that if I listen to music I like (Alt./Indie Rock, Any Core genre, and Metal) I can have better control. Usually I'm taking a roll of a member in a band playing that song or I'm at a concert listening. Other times it'll just be me as the main character in some random fictional story that my brain came up with. I have had one or two lucid nightmares. Control became much more limited (most likely because nightmares already limit you) and I couldn't ever get out of it through my lucid dream until I physically woke up. Practice lucid dreams sometimes because it is possible to actually learn, say a foreign language, due to sleep opening up about 100% of your brain's cognitive ability.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
no i can't say that i have.. is there any spesific ways that you have dreams like that? i can have my dreams have certian people in them but i could never really have them do what i wanted. like one time i had a dream the that the guy i had feelings for killed me! lol i wanted to dream about him though yeah.. i didn't want him to kill me lol.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
no i can't say that i have.. is there any spesific ways that you have dreams like that? i can have my dreams have certian people in them but i could never really have them do what i wanted. like one time i had a dream the that the guy i had feelings for killed me! lol i wanted to dream about him though yeah.. i didn't want him to kill me lol.

I don't really know how to have lucid dreams, they just started happening, but when they do I have absolute control over everything that happens in the dream, the setting, what people do, what I can do, etc.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time

I suggest looking up lucid dreaming on the internet- I did a while ago(although, as I stated, I've never actually had a lucid dream) and there were plenty of good videos on youtube that tell you how you can potentially have one.

Lucid dreams have fascinated me ever since I heard of them. I've been meaning to try it but, being an extreme procrastinator, have never gotten around to it. The thought of it is so alluring to me though. My dreams are usually wonderful and I think having control would just be a crazy experience.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I've had one, albeit very short. It happened a bit after reading about lucid dreaming in the New Scientist (It's a science magazine, it may only be available in engled, but you can probably google it). In the article it said that to have lucid dreams, you need to do stuff like high concentration things in the day and stuff. One of the things was wake up early, get out of bed, walk about for a moment and get back in bed. This gives you a higher chance of entering REM slee, rapid eye movement, where you body is paralyzed and most of your dreams occur. I woke up really early one day and remembered that, so i tried it out. It worked a dream (no pun intended)! I had loads of dreams which i thought were real life, until one i thought, "This is just a dream, isn't it?"
In the dream, i was lying in bed and my brother and someone i didn't recognise were standing in the room. I pulled myself out of bed and walked over to the door. I reached out for the handle and twisted it to open the door, but then I woke up. When i was walking, i felt really dizzy (in the dream) and it was wierd. I really want another one, because now i know i can do it, i want to try to harness it to help learn stuff! It's all pretty interesting!

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I also think that lucid dreams are absolutely fascinating, and I really want to have one! I guess there was one a long time ago where I sort of resolved a nightmare, but I'm not sure how lucid that was. It was a long time ago. Basically though, there was this giant snake that was going to eat me (I'm terriffied of snakes) and then somehow I realized it wasn't going to eat me, it was my friend. It was very strange. Then last night, I had a dream where I was being tortured by the wicked witch, but then I put a piece of duct tape on a pole and then everything was fine. It was also sort of lucid, in that I had a little bit of control, but I wasn't really aware I was dreaming. If I had a full lucid dream, I would just explore Hyrule. :)

I have them fairly often. The problem is once you realize you are dreaming it can be very difficult to stay in the dream for very long. I find that once I realize I'm in a dream, if I jump and spin around in a circle, I stay in the dream longer. I don't know why this works, but it does for me. Generally, though, I don't have like complete control over the dream, I just have control over myself to do whatever I want, but I can't, usually, like "will" things into existence or anything. They can be very fun though...ahem. <.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom