• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

LTTP Fountain Boomerang Glitch

Hi guys!

I'm completely new here to this forum, so I don't know if this is the right place for this post. But last week I was doing a Twitch stream casually playing through ALTTP and I stumbled upon a Boomerang glitch that I'd never seen before.
I have a video of me discovering this glitch, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post that link in this forum.

Here's how it works:
When you throw the boomerang, there is a very short time window in which the boomerang will be visible, but the boomerang throw will not have started yet.
If you time the throw thus that the fountain dialogue starts during this short time window, a few funny things will happen:
- The boomerang animation will not start;
- The boomerang will remain where it is;
- The sound of the boomerang will sound without stop;
- You can't throw the boomerang anymore.

This Fountain Boomerang Glitch will sustain even after:
- slashing with the sword;
- getting the Boomerang upgrade (yes, you can somehow still toss the Boomerang into the pond);
- using weapons that don't alter Link's posture, such as the Bomb;
- picking up and throwing a bomb onto the Boomerang or into the pond;
- re-equipping the Boomerang.

The effect is ended when you leave the area or when you perform actions that change Link's posture, such as:
- charging the sword;
- dashing;
- taking damage;
- using items such as the Hammer or the Bow.

Let me know what you think :)

Best regards,
Mike

I found that this glitch does not work in the ALLTP/Four Swords GBA installment, but it does work in Parallel Worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom