• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda LoZ Sadly Short...

Overheadzelda

Reviver of threads
Okay, so I've played a few Zelda games including OoT, and each has taken me 20+ hour to finish. I recently bought The original Zelda game for the Wii virtual console, under the impression that it was one of the longer games in the series... Well, while fun, it is depressingly short. :( I'm already in the 6th dungeon and I've played the game for only about 3 hours. Just a warning to anyone who plans on getting the game.

What did you expect? You can't fit that much content on an NES cartridge. On the other hand, depending on your skill, the last few dungeons could add a bit of time to your playthrough as they are are some of the more difficult ones in all Zelda games and are very non-linear.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
Trust me, I though so too at first, but unless you are amazing at the game, the last few dungeons will definitely be an obstacle.

yeah as said before.. it was limited due to the NES carts.. but at the time it was a massive game.. and there wast the internet back then to log on and find out where or what to do...

JasonXP

Its a Secret to Everybody
But did you do it without help from the internet?

Back in 1986, they didn't have the internet. But if you get that far without any walkthroughs in three hours, you are a Zelda LEGEND!

However, the sixth dungeon is really hard. I think it's the hardest one in the game, even harder than dungeon 9, because you have to fight so many enemies to finish it. Dungeon 9 is larger and harder to navigate but you don't have to defeat as many enemies.

But this game has a lot of replay value, because there will always be something you missed the last time. And if you get bored you could do a swordless run, like I did once.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This probably is due to internet research, correct? You probably have (a) map(s) to refer to each Dungeon with, as well as a list of enemies and what weapons will kill them. I've run across things like this when perusing ZD's wealth of info out of curiosity...or was it another site? At any rate, extensive Internet searching is a definite key to a quick playthrough.

This, or you have a very good sense of direction and insight on what items to use in and how to kill enemies. Either way, good job! :yes:

MW7

Don't forget that there is a 2nd quest. It's much harder, and just finding some of the super well-hidden dungeons could take forever not to mention what's in the dungeons themselves. And between the 2 quests the game has 18 dungeons which is 50% more unique dungeons than the game in the series with the 2nd most dungeons ALTTP (12). So technically speaking, LOZ is by far the longest Zelda title. But yeah some dungeons can take about 3 minutes or less. But whoever said that it gets harder as you go on is right. The 9th dungeon in both quests is absurdly difficult and near impossible to navigate.

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
As was undoubtedly said before, are you kidding me!? It's the first game, in an era of games that usually took between 1-5 hours to complete! What do you expect!?

Now that THAT's out of my system...

The reason it was referred to as one of the longer games had something to do with the need for exploration. If you aren't using a guide or map, it usually takes a long time to work your way to each dungeon.

geek4887

The Unknown
Wow, 6 dungeons in 3 hours?! Wow, it's hard enough to FIND the dungeon. Anyways, I guess I sorta have to agree with you. But, you can't blame them. It's not like Nintendo was as technologically advanced as they are now. Anyways, short games doesn't make it bad. This probably the 2nd hardest Zelda game in the series. I like it, cuz I think that the series has been losing its challenge lately (Skyward Sword HAS to fix it).

i think maybe why the OP findsd the game short is the lack of sidequests. That's actully part of why it appeals to me. The simpler the game, the better. Ok, maybe I'm weird. :D

Do both quests without a walk-through without any maps or hints or anything and you will see why its considered one of the longer games.

TBH dungeons 5,6 and 9 were the only ones to give be trouble in the first quest. Completely different story on the second quest.

And lets not forget the danger of navigating the over-world(once again without map). enemies are not only threatening(to begin with at least) but its hard to find the dungeons and you can get halfway through dungeon y and realize you need an item from dungeon x, which of course the game wont tell you which dungeon or what item you may need.

But yea imo you kind of ruined the game a little if you refer to maps or guides, its not that kinda game you need to discover everything for yourself to really enjoy it. Well that's how it was with me.

However this was all on the assumption that you used some sort of reference. If you didn't I'm sorry and you just did something i thought was impossible.

Overheadzelda

Reviver of threads
Yeah I did use a map that showed where all the dungeons were.
I just got stuck on level 6 though. Too many enemies!

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
Level six is where you start to get in trouble. Last time I played, a Like-Like at my shield and i was defenseless against those blasted Wizzrobes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom