• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda LOZ Monster: Like Likes

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Tatl said:
You know about the Like Like, right? It eats whatever you're carrying. You'd better defeat it if you want your stuff back.
The Like Like is named as such because it'll eat whatever it comes across without discrimination. ;)

According to the Like Like trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee, the name "Like Like" is derived from an ancient Hylian proverb, "Shield-eaters and world leaders have many likes alike".

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Back when Zelda was first created it was the start of people saying the word like, one of the Zelda creators brought his teenage daughter to work and she got into the monster naming room where she was was looked to be the end of someones intestines (the thing between butt cheeks) and she said something along the lines of "Like... like what is that? Eww! So gross!!" and that is how the name came to be, forgot all this proverb stuff, my story is more interesting.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Back when Zelda was first created it was the start of people saying the word like, one of the Zelda creators brought his teenage daughter to work and she got into the monster naming room where she was was looked to be the end of someones intestines (the thing between butt cheeks) and she said something along the lines of "Like... like what is that? Eww! So gross!!" and that is how the name came to be, forgot all this proverb stuff, my story is more interesting.
Best story ever.

My theory is that they are a misnomer, something named the exact opposite of what it really is. It's called a "Like Like" because no one likes them, they are actually very disliked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom