• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda LOZ Cover Art

I

Iron Knuckle

That i a good question, i searched it on google, couldn't find anything, i searched something diffrent, couln't find anything searched it on a zelda website, couln't find anything.
I'm just geussing it means nothing

Kungfuyu24

Metanna! Nurunna!
I was just wondering about that yesterday. I am almost certain it is the design on Link's shield. On Link's shield, it looks like a cross. Other than any Christianity references in a Triforce-ism world, I always thought it looked strange. But it can be easily explained that Link's shield is emblazoned with the hearts, lion, and key emblems.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I've always thought the Lion represented the soldiers of Hyrule or something. In Hyrule Castle in WW there are statues of lions that look similar to the one on the shield, and of course there's the King of Red Lions ship which is an avatar of the King of Hyrule. There are also images of lions on the soldiers' armor in OoT and TP if I remember correctly. Perhaps the soldiers are called "Red Lions"?

Maybe the heart could represent bravery, "Lion hearted". Don't know what the key could represent though. Wisdom?

Dagoth Ur

Do a barrel roll
Good answer linebeck...i like the idea of the lion being power, the hearts being courage, and the key being wisdom...however the triforce of courage wasnt introduced until Aol. hmmm...making progress but questions still remain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom