• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

LoZ/AoL Placement

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
OK, I have placed every game in my timeline here --------/TWW/PH-ST except LoZ and AoL:(, and from what I'v seen it could possibly go after ST
-------------------------------------------------SS-OoT
--------------------------------------------------------\/MM-TP-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP/OoX/LA
or after any of the games after TP that do not directly link to each other. For now I'm leaning a little bit more towards after ST but before I post my new timeline I want to know what anybody else thinks of this.

I think the common consensus is that TLoZ/TAoL are at the very end of the Adult Timeline.

I'm 100% on board with your timeline except I wonder why you placed OoX before LA?

OK, I have placed every game in my timeline here --------/TWW/PH-ST except LoZ and AoL:(, and from what I'v seen it could possibly go after ST
-------------------------------------------------SS-OoT
--------------------------------------------------------\/MM-TP-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP/OoX/LA
or after any of the games after TP that do not directly link to each other. For now I'm leaning a little bit more towards after ST but before I post my new timeline I want to know what anybody else thinks of this.

It's a good timeline and one of the most accepted ones. People like to put LoZ/AoL on the adult timeline after ST because they believe those games take place in "new Hyrule". Also people suggest it because the towns in AoL are named after the Sages to honor them because they sealed Ganondorf away at the end of the Adult ending in OoT. They also appeared in Windows under the Castle in TWW where the Master Sword is located which means they were also honored that way. Some people believe that LoZ/AoL still take place in the original Hyrule and put them after ALttP because originally, ALttP was a prequel to LoZ. Either way works.

I'm 100% on board with your timeline except I wonder why you placed OoX before LA?

Err... anyone will tell you that because Link sails off in a boat at the end of OoX and LA starts off with Link in a boat that they are connected that way.

Originally Posted by Fledge

I think the common consensus is that TLoZ/TAoL are at the very end of the Adult Timeline.

I don't know if AT LoZ/AoL is the common consensus in the general community, it might be at Zelda Dungeon, though. Nevertheless, I would say that having LoZ/AoL some time after AlttP still is rather common.

Nevrtheless, I think that LoZ/AoL should go after AlttP, as it was originally intended, and that they most likely go on the CT.

1. There are no indications of neither Ganon's nor The Triforce's presence in "New Hyrule", whereas Ganondorf's speech at the end of TP and the fact that the Triforce is still around implies that furutre CT games might concern either both or one of these matters.
2. LoZ/AoL take place in Hyrule, which we know exists on the CT. The land of Spirit Tracks might indeed be a Hyrule, but the name of the country is not known, though.

/Blue Window

Garo

Boy Wonder
Yeah, I would actually argue that LoZ/AoL being placed on the adult timeline has been largely discredited. Ganon is dead at the end of Wind Waker, so he can't well return for Legend of Zelda. Also, A Link to the Past is a confirmed prequel to those two events, and the Master Sword is in A Link to the Past, so ALttP cannot be in the "New" Hyrule of Spirit Tracks, thus ALttP must be on the child timeline along with LoZ and AoL.

It's a good timeline and one of the most accepted ones. People like to put LoZ/AoL on the adult timeline after ST because they believe those games take place in "new Hyrule". Also people suggest it because the towns in AoL are named after the Sages to honor them because they sealed Ganondorf away at the end of the Adult ending in OoT. They also appeared in Windows under the Castle in TWW where the Master Sword is located which means they were also honored that way. Some people believe that LoZ/AoL still take place in the original Hyrule and put them after ALttP because originally, ALttP was a prequel to LoZ. Either way works.
The problem with this is that it still doesn't explain how Mido had a town named after him. Just thought I'd point that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom