• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda LoZ 3 Heart Challenge

So today I started, for the first time, the Legend of Zelda 3 Heart Challenge. The only other 3HC I've completed is Ocarina of Time, just because it's a cakewalk. I've started a few others such as Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, but haven't completed them. They were definitely tough, but holy crap is LoZ exponentially harder. I've beaten it countless times, so I know the game very well, and I consider myself somewhat skilled at it, but going with 3 hearts adds such a higher level of difficulty. I'm currently on Level-5, and I took a detour after Level-1 to Level-6 to get the magic wand. That was the most excruciating part. There's a room with 3 blue wizrobes, 2 red wizrobes, 3 like-likes, a bubble, and two badly placed blocks. That room took me a few hours to get down, and I'm dreading going back to Level-6 to finish it. That said, I'm looking forward to the rest of the challenge, and hopefully I'll beat it! Anyways, just wanted to ask the forum, who else has attempted, completed, or utterly failed at this challenge? Anyone know any good methods, tips or tricks?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I haven't even beaten the normal game yet... Ganon keeps killing me.
Even though iv'e never done a three-heart challenge on this game before, my best tip is to play defensive: Don't take any risks of damaging an enemy if there is a chance for you to die or get damaged by doing so.

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
I haven't even beaten the normal game yet... Ganon keeps killing me.
Even though iv'e never done a three-heart challenge on this game before, my best tip is to play defensive: Don't take any risks of damaging an enemy if there is a chance for you to die or get damaged by doing so.

I just can't beat the dungeons.

Although is it really possible to have only 3 hearts in LoZ? I thought that at the end of the 1st dungeon that there was only one way to get that piece of triforce and the heart container was in the way.

I have not attempted this myself as I will probably try it on Skyward Sword first (or at least the 6 heart challenge, LOL)

Although is it really possible to have only 3 hearts in LoZ? I thought that at the end of the 1st dungeon that there was only one way to get that piece of triforce and the heart container was in the way.

I have not attempted this myself as I will probably try it on Skyward Sword first (or at least the 6 heart challenge, LOL)
For Level-1 to bypass the heart container you have to sneak behind Aquamentos while he moves forward, then kill him with the bow or sword beam while right next to the door. This lets you go through the door without getting the heart container.

I couldn't beat with getting the heart containers so I could never do it with only 3 hearts. If you pull this off, you'll have my respect!

Update: I finished Level-5 with relatively no problems, and moved back to Level-6. Thankfully I didn't have to get the Magic Wand, but I did bash my skull into this level for half the day. I finally finished it, and Gohma was cake. Gonna be taking a break since this is driving me nuts on how hard it is....

EDIT: Update again. This is my progress. Have yet to go into Level-9... I'm rather scared to, but as you can see I have completed the Triforce with only 3 hearts. I don't know if I'm going to be able to do Level-9 though...

8Diqh.jpg

Last edited:
A

aLinkToTheLast

Oh man that's impressive! I still have trouble even with all the heart containers. Have you finished it yet?

No, I haven't finished it yet. I've gotten the red ring and silver arrows from level-9, but I can't seem to beat Ganon. He's a serious pain. I need to find a trick to beat it without losing many hearts, but it's really hard to predict his movements.

I've done 3 heart challenges in Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Phantom Hourglass, and Twilight Princess. No potions. No fairies. No Master Sword except for Ganon in Twilight Princess. But LOZ is beyond my patience. Second quest is hard enough for me already. And the thought of trying AOL with a '4 heart block challenge' is even more sickening. Scratch that. Impossible.

I'm not sure I could play any of the games with just three hearts. I like running up and killing things so I get hit a lot.

That's pretty good. Half the time I play it I only have 3 hearts because I die and for what ever reason monsters don't seem to like giving me health after I murder them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom