• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Loud Music In Public

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm sure each of us has walked by someone in public who was blasting their music for all the world to hear. What are your thoughts on this behavior?

In my opinion, playing music in public without headphones is just flat out rude. I feel the same thing about watching videos and cell phone calls, but let's focus on music here. It's one thing if I can hear it through their headphones or through their car. They're enjoying themselves, they're trying to make it private (windows rolled up assumedly, wearing headphones), I have no problem with that. But if you're gonna walk around the street blaring music out of your phone without any headphones disrupting everyone like that, it really bothers me.

I would also extend this to private settings, too. Unless it's agreed on, I really don't like it when my family does that around the house like that, either. My dad is a major offender; he'll often blast music from the basement so loudly I can hear it all the way up in my room, and it's very annoying.

How about the rest of you? Does it bother you as much as it does me?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
It's annoying cause no one wants to hear what you are hearing. Plus the potential ear damage isn't too appealing. Just keep it at a modest volume or use the earphones.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Most of the time that happens I'm at the university, and even then, I'm listening to my own music or a podcast.

But some of my neighbors have still to learn that excessive amounts of bass blasting out of their car doesn't mean it sounds good.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
my friend is a big offender of this, even w/o my or other friends consent he'd have whatever he's on at full volume only til I tell him in a serious-ish tone to turn it down, kinda deflating in the mood, which is stupid b/c I was blatantly not consenting to the loud music in the first place [as in I'd probably say in passing to turn it down first]

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Some street musicians are very good and I like to hear skilled people making music.

There was however a guy who I call the Bongo Banging Bastard who used to assault the cities eardrums with the same rhythm every day. Seriously, he would bang for hours not changing anything up rhythmically and then the same the next day. Even saw him in another city doing the exact same thing. He's a menace.

I also don't appreciate people who turn their car music up so loud so that the outside world can hear it. It's usually hardcore dance tracks out of racerboy cars. I like a bit of hardcore dance but this is very obnoxious what they do and I don't want to hear it briefly in the street as they pass by.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I hate it! When people play it so extremely loud you can hear it like miles away, I'm like dude please! Most of the time it's music I hate but I also wonder how people can even listen to it so loud without getting a HUGE headache or permanent damage to their hearing. My boyfriend hates it too and he often points his finger to his head when some dudes in a car with extreme loud music pass by

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom