• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lost Respect for Nintendo

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I think you're just having bad luck. Rarely do I ever have issues with the servers, I've never had an issue with matchmaking... and I have no idea what you mean by a "nonfunctional ranking system."

What is your VR? Locke's iirc is 8000-9000, something in that range, and he has reported on numerous occasions to almost always be paired with people in the 4000-6000 range, so he has to place top 3 to gain any VR and loses huge amounts if he places in the middle.

Odd because I can say the same thing towards other companies like Capcom. But this is Nintendo we're talking about, so of course they get all of the blame.

Well they are the biggest video game company.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What is your VR? Locke's iirc is 8000-9000, something in that range, and he has reported on numerous occasions to almost always be paired with people in the 4000-6000 range, so he has to place top 3 to gain any VR and loses huge amounts if he places in the middle.

Well they are the biggest video game company.
1) Stop losing and you won't lose your VR. Sorry but that's just how ranking systems work. Why? It weeds out the people who got to their positions by luck* and keeps the truly skilled* people in the top rankings.

*I realize that saying that makes no sense when we reference the fact taht the subject is Mario Kart; Mario Kart is nothing but pure luck with infinitesimal amounts of luck dabbed here and there. But Nintendo placed a legit ranking system on an illegitimate game. ;p

2) I doubt it.
And I still think it's odd that people blame Nintendo for everything even though other companies do the same thing or worse.
1) Nobody blames Nintendo for everything. People blame Nintendo for making God Awful mistakes. Don't even try to be the Big N's bbuddy on this one. Just realize they made some pretty terrible, retrogressive mistake in the past few years.

2) Most companies tend to mess up while they are young. Nintendo messes up after the other companies have got their chance to mess up. See: Wii retrogressive graphics, Wii U terrible launch, Wii U ongoing bad marketing, Wii U retrogressive graphics, Wii U Third Party Support being god awful, etc.
I think you're thinking about obama...
;)
The hell's that have to do with the topic here?

Thanks Obama.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Yes, let's scorn Nintendo for creating extra content AFTER having already released a game so that a game's longevity can be increased. Let's HATE the fact that we're being given 16 new courses created from scratch, 6 new characters, and 8 new karts, none of which were made during the development of the main game. How DARE Nintendo give us more to love while also making more money in the process, furthering our mutual relationship with them. Clearly Nintendo is the scum of the Earth and should cease to exist. Let's also list a proven-fake rumor of DLC for Smash, especially when Sakurai already said back at E3 2013 that he had no plans for DLC during the development cycle of the main game (meaning that if there's any in the future, it was made after release -- just like with MK8).

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

thats really all i have on this matter

Jamie

1) Stop losing and you won't lose your VR. Sorry but that's just how ranking systems work. Why? It weeds out the people who got to their positions by luck* and keeps the truly skilled* people in the top rankings.
What is losing a race? Coming in 2nd place? So I should lose VR if I come in 2nd out of what? 12 people? That's ridiculous.

2) I doubt it.

That's cool, but you'd be wrong to do so. Remember we are talking specifically about video game companies, not parent companies that have video game divisions (like Microsoft or Sony). What video game company is bigger than Nintendo?

D

Deleted member 14134

Guys this thread was created to help bring to light the rising corruption of Nintendo. I will not have my thread filled with petty arguments and fights. Take them somewhere else, this is a serious topic, not one meant for trolling and fighting. This ends now. You've been warned.

1)
1) Nobody blames Nintendo for everything. People blame Nintendo for making God Awful mistakes. Don't even try to be the Big N's bbuddy on this one. Just realize they made some pretty terrible, retrogressive mistake in the past few years.

Look, I am aware of the big mistakes they make. I'm not a dumb***. I do get on to Nintendo for doing things that not many people are going to improve on. Despite being loyal to the company, I still have to talk about some of the decisions they make. I'm not saying they're perfect because no game company is. Look at Microsoft, for example. They've been making countless bad decisions ever since the Xbox One reveal last year. Right now, they're bribing some third party developers to make exclusive games (mainly the ones that have always been multiplatform) for their console & nowhere else which caused a lot of their fans ******. Now this is a terrible mistake since it's just gonna do more damage to the developer.

I'm not a Nintendrone. If I was, I would be defending them constantly. All I said was that it seems Nintendo gets most of the blame despite other companies making the same mistakes as Nintendo does. Hell, Square Enix makes about the same kind of mistakes as Nintendo & this is why they're in a slump now.

i think NIntendo in this particular case is getting the blame for what their doing. their not being blamed for things they "DIDN't" do.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What is losing a race? Coming in 2nd place? So I should lose VR if I come in 2nd out of what? 12 people? That's ridiculous.
Losing is not getting first place. Harsh reality we live in. You don't get credit for being the second to discover something; similarly, you don't get credit in MK for being third or beyond (well that's a lie, I think up to ~4th gives positive VR).

Hanyou

didn't build that
Why didn't Nintendo cross this threshold years ago with the e-reader in your book? How about add-ons for pc games in the 90s? Sonic & Knuckles? Locked content without the expansion pak on the n64? What makes this worse?

Why didn't Nintendo cross this threshold years ago with the e-reader in your book? How about add-ons for pc games in the 90s? Sonic & Knuckles? Locked content without the expansion pak on the n64? What makes this worse?

Last edited:

Jamie

Losing is not getting first place. Harsh reality we live in. You don't get credit for being the second to discover something; similarly, you don't get credit in MK for being third or beyond (well that's a lie, I think up to ~4th gives positive VR).

8th place gives positive vr against people your ranking, but at lockes ranking it's difficult to get vr unless you place top 3. Also if you only got vr for coming in first that would be the worst ranking system like...ever. are you even listening to yourself?

Also, Google "false equivalency" although I'm confident you are trolling at this point.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I've gotten positive VR as low as 10th against people within ~15-20% of my rating

actually. i like the DLC in mario kart 8. it will be the 1st mario kart game to go beyond 32 tracks making the game replayability longer with possibly more to come. and i think the prices and what you get are fare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom