• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Lost Cutscenes!

Hey guys check this out! on the MM Rom there are some lost cutscenes of the great fairies. They where to show link how to use his knew abilities. But only two where close to being finished, the rest only have stand ins, anway check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeJa9Ci9zzY

What are your guys thoughts on this, also what do you guys think link was going to do during the other training videos?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
That is so cool! I wonder why they weren't used in the final version of the game. Maybe because of size reasons? Or they simply weren't needed? I don't know... but I think the best un-used cutscene is Link working out. Best scene ever! And the first one, with the Great Fairy grabbing Link and showing him how to stand to perform the Spin Attack looked... suggestive... but it's a great find! :yes: I applaud thee.

this makes me think they re-used this concept and made the knights shade to teach you attacks...
Yeah, these cutscenes made me think of that. Interesting... but I do see why they cut these, they seem a little unnecessary, since what the Great Fairy gives you is usually not something it makes sense to "learn" and the sword spin Link already knows from Ocarina of Time, re-learning it makes no sense. Still, they are really cool!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So THAT'S where the gameshark codes came from. All sorts of animations are accessible by using a cheating device, such as Link's being thrown by Epona in the beginning, pushups, situps, all sorts of animations that are used in cutscenes are still in the game's memory. I suppose most of those cutscenes weren't used because they were buggy, but that's just me. Great find!

Pen

The game is on!
It looks similar to the training with the Hero's Shade in TP. But I think it was good that Nintendo took these cutscenes away. The "skills" were so easy to learn anyway. :)

Mune

I hate everyone equally.
This is pretty interesting. If they were worked on a bit more, they could have been a pretty minor, but cool addition to the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom