• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Lorule Termina Connection

I see alot of people trying to draw a connection between Lorule and Termina, to which I agree with them, except one thing. It seems most people think that if Lorule is in fact Termina, then in this specific timeline split, Link never made it to Termina and the moon fell. I don't think this is the case. I believe that if Lorule is Termina, then on this timeline split, when Link never came to Termina, nothing happened. What if the Skull kid never got a hold of the Majora's Mask in the "hero is defeated" timeline. Maybe in the child timeline he followed Link into the woods, ran into the Happy Mask Salesman, took the mask, then went from there. If Link never went to Termina, maybe the Skull Kid didn't either. And if so, the Happy Mask salesman would have gone to termina without a hitch. Which nrings me to the connection between the happy mask salesman and Ravio. If my theory is true then Ravio could very well be related to the Happy Mask Salesman, hence him having the Mask. What do you guys think?

Currently, we know that Lorule is a separate world from Hyrule, but one that draws a lot of similarities with the later, such as the connection between the Triforce and Dark Triforce as well as Hilda and Zelda. As JC said in another thread, if Hyrule is Earth, then Lorule can be likened to hell.

A defining characteristic of Termina is that it's inhabited by the same people living in Ocarina of Time's Hyrule strengthening the connection that it exists in its own parallel dimension because how can someone be in two places at once. Yes, character models were reused due to the N64's hardware constraints and most NPCs were given new names, but even Termina's geography is a distorted reflection of its Hyrulean counterpart.

This apparent aesthetic similarity is strengthened by timeline placement as you mentioned. Links visits Termina on the Child Timeline where Ganon is successfully defeated, therefore there is nothing unusual about the land and its people before the Skull Kid's arrival. A Link Between Worlds, on the other hand, occurs on the Downfall Timeline where Ganon crushed Link and maintained his rule. It would make sense that Lorule is in ruins because of Ganon, potentially being the reason he was sealed away.

I also recognize the counterargument. Ganon and Zelda are completely absent from Termina. They're never seen or mentioned. Ganon is dead so he obviously doesn't make an appearance in MM, but why doesn't Zelda have a Terminian counterpart? While it's unconfirmed what role they play in Lorule, it's been heavily hinted that this world will have a large interaction with Hyrule like the connection between ALTTP's Light and Dark Worlds.

In addition, although there are monarchs in Termina such as the Deku King and Igos du Ikana, there is no Hylian or human like counterpart. In Lorule, it seems Hilda is the leading authority like Hyrule's Zelda. Termina is a dimension gap, whereas Lorule is likely created by the corrupting influence of a dark being like the Dark World in A Link to the Past. There's some characteristic overlap, but Termina is its own dimension (?), whereas Lorule is a mutation of Hyrule.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Currently, we know that Lorule is a separate world from Hyrule, but one that draws a lot of similarities with the later, such as the connection between the Triforce and Dark Triforce as well as Hilda and Zelda. As JC said in another thread, if Hyrule is Earth, then Lorule can be likened to hell.

A defining characteristic of Termina is that it's inhabited by the same people living in Ocarina of Time's Hyrule strengthening the connection that it exists in its own parallel dimension because how can someone be in two places at once. Yes, character models were reused due to the N64's hardware constraints and most NPCs were given new names, but even Termina's geography is a distorted reflection of its Hyrulean counterpart.

This apparent aesthetic similarity is strengthened by timeline placement as you mentioned. Links visits Termina on the Child Timeline where Ganon is successfully defeated, therefore there is nothing unusual about the land and its people before the Skull Kid's arrival. A Link Between Worlds, on the other hand, occurs on the Downfall Timeline where Ganon crushed Link and maintained his rule. It would make sense that Lorule is in ruins because of Ganon, potentially being the reason he was sealed away.

I also recognize the counterargument. Ganon and Zelda are completely absent from Termina. They're never seen or mentioned. Ganon is dead so he obviously doesn't make an appearance in MM, but why doesn't Zelda have a Terminian counterpart? While it's unconfirmed what role they play in Lorule, it's been heavily hinted that this world will have a large interaction with Hyrule like the connection between ALTTP's Light and Dark Worlds.

In addition, although there are monarchs in Termina such as the Deku King and Igos du Ikana, there is no Hylian or human like counterpart. In Lorule, it seems Hilda is the leading authority like Hyrule's Zelda. Termina is a dimension gap, whereas Lorule is likely created by the corrupting influence of a dark being like the Dark World in A Link to the Past. There's some characteristic overlap, but Termina is its own dimension (?), whereas Lorule is a mutation of Hyrule.

Well A Link In Time maybe Termina and Lorule are their own continents like how Holodrum and Labrynna had their own countries from Hyrule but the only difference is that Termina and Lorule are their own parallel world as to Hyrule, Holodrum and Labrynna are the normal world.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I can easily see how people could theorize that Lorule is in the same world as Termina. Maybe not the same City and whatnot! But i could see it being in the same dimension! It would be really interesting to see an in-game connection to a land we have seen, but being in a different timeline it would be a different place considering our Hero has never made it there! I like this Theory actually!

I have a theory to your comment that Lorule can't be Termina.
My theory, something I once brought up, is the separate worlds AREN'T affected by the time split. After all, why would they? They aren't a part of Hyrule, what reason would they need to be affected by what goes on in a different dimension.
Furthermore, as far as we know, there is only ONE Majora's Mask, and the salesman kept it while staying in Termina.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
But what they are saying is that it would be different, and would still effect the dimension that termina lies in due to Link never going there to save it!

I have a theory to your comment that Lorule can't be Termina.
My theory, something I once brought up, is the separate worlds AREN'T affected by the time split. After all, why would they? They aren't a part of Hyrule, what reason would they need to be affected by what goes on in a different dimension.
Furthermore, as far as we know, there is only ONE Majora's Mask, and the salesman kept it while staying in Termina.

This is what i was saying, if Skull Kid never made it to Termina, the Happy Mask Salesman would have just kept the mask. Since Ravio now has it he could have some relation to the Happy Mask Salesman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom