• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lord of the Rings Mafia - The Treason of Isengard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This your first time as scum, Justa? :rolleyes:

Wait, so Alit comes in and simply states what the majority have been saying? How is that scummy?

I never said Alit's post was scummy; you should be able to perceive that by taking a look at the context. If anything, I was acknowledging that we have an impromptu lynch on our hands that could very well lead to mis/lynching a power role. Just consider Chris' posts: He claims to be smarter than each of us individually, which might pertain to a character role which is aware of much. Lady Galadriel, Lord Celeborn, or Elrond come to mind. His role may very well give him the means of foresight, or investigatory means.

Why would Fused and Thar pick up so quickly on this, it doesn't make sense in my eyes, surely they would have thought of a better reason... The only possible reasons as to why I'm think they did so is to take the heat off Chris and onto Alit - this could be be a wise Town move or a sneaky Mafia move, I'm thinking the latter.

The possibility of this has been made null by the misunderstanding you have of my posts. In addition to my reasons, Alit's post didn't even have anything to do with the game, but his own personal feelings. That's why I addressed him in a straightforward manner.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This your first time as scum, Justa? :rolleyes:
You know it ;)

Thareous said:
I never said Alit's post was scummy; you should be able to perceive that by taking a look at the context. If anything, I was acknowledging that we have an impromptu lynch on our hands that could very well lead to mis/lynching a power role. Just consider Chris' posts: He claims to be smarter than each of us individually, which might pertain to a character role which is aware of much. Lady Galadriel, Lord Celeborn, or Elrond come to mind. His role may very well give him the means of foresight, or investigatory means.
I was more so referring to what Fused said, but I included you as it seemed suspicious that both of you would pick up on Alit's post almost simultaneously - just stood out to me.

I agree with you on and Fused on the basis that Chris may not be scum and the lynch is more trouble than it is helpful, but it seemed as if you and Fused were initiating something... Scum buddies much? :right:

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Well, why would you vote for someone without wanting the person in question lynched?
If you want to "show" your suspicions, why not just tell them without risking anyone?

Early on in the game it's very unlikely that one vote will lead to that individual getting lynched. In this case, ten more people would have to join the banadwagon, and with less than 4 hours remaining in the day, that's very unlikely. It's just a way for me to show ALIT that I find his post unnecessary and summy. It'll get his attention more than a IGMEOY or just saying it normally.

I agree with you on and Fused on the basis that Chris may not be scum and the lynch is more trouble than it is helpful, but it seemed as if you and Fused were initiating something... Scum buddies much? :right:

With that logic, I can presume you and ALIT are scumbuddies. :right:

Kirino

Tatakae
Alright, I understand. My vote still stands, although not because I want him to be lynched, but because I want to show where my suspicions lie. ;)

Alright. The main point that I was trying to make where I quoted you, though, is that I don't understand how you can possibly suspect everyone who joined the bandwagon or possibly determine their alignment based on their place in it; also, that joining a random bandwagon, or even starting or hammering one isn't inherently scummy, and really proves nothing. So I don't see why you'd suddenly start going after everyone just because they voted for chris, because that doesn't really make sense. I guess I can understand your vote for ALIT, though.

I'm quite surprised that you just admitted I was right, just like that, though, especially since what I just argued against was your reasoning for quite a while, and what you've been using for the whole game, up until now. :mellow:

Either that or you just ignored me and kind of went with it to make me shutup. \_(:/)_/

Well, why would you vote for someone without wanting the person in question lynched?
If you want to "show" your suspicions, why not just tell them without risking anyone?

Because pressure, or just wanting to show how serious your suspicions, or to get his attention.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Alright. The main point that I was trying to make where I quoted you, though, is that I don't understand how you can possibly suspect everyone who joined the bandwagon or possibly determine their alignment based on their place in it; also, that joining a random bandwagon, or even starting or hammering one isn't inherently scummy, and really proves nothing. So I don't see why you'd suddenly start going after everyone just because they voted for chris, because that doesn't really make sense. I guess I can understand your vote for ALIT, though.

I'm quite surprised that you just admitted I was right, just like that, though, especially since what I just argued against was your reasoning for quite a while, and what you've been using for the whole game, up until now. :mellow:

Either that or you just ignored me and kind of went with it to make me shutup. \_(:/)_/

It was more of the fact that I got what you said, but I still am not going to back down from claims I made earlier. I find joining a Day 1 bandwagon scummy, and although you found data that disproves this theory, I am not going to change my thoughts. I understand your thoughts, and you understand mine. No need to continue rabbling at each other trying to prove our thoughts. ;)

Rachel

be vigitant
Pretty sure Chris is joking around with the 'smart' thing. Could still be mafia but I'd recommend an investigation tonight. Unless he a role that is investigation immune.

Unvote

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
A few things: One I am fairly sure I have never said I'm smarter than all twenty of you combined, I said I'm smarter than each separate individual.(You'd all have to be mentally handicapped.)
Two I am not trying to blend in because honesty that's boring. I'm trying to stand out.
Three I don't know the differences between real life mafia and online mafia but apparently they're great.
Four I have know idea what the count is(your slackin Keeseman) but you'll have to sort this out.
Five I do know about roles powers and if you lynch me you'll be sorry
Six I am not arrogant arrogance is over estimating your self worth. I assure you I did no such thing.

1. You've said that may times but you haven't proved the fact by giving us solid defenses.
  2. That doesn't any make sense. Standing out means everyone has got their eye on you. I think you'd rather try to blend in and not seem scummy. If you accidentally slip up, which you might have already did, then everyone will be on you immediately and then you get lynched.
  3. I don't either, but you are being pretty newby.
  4. Have patience. You could have asked nicely. You seemed pretty desperate to know the count though.
  5. That is not a good defense. Try again because literally anyone can say that.
  6. You are being arrogant. You keep saying you are smarter that everyone, but you haven't proved that as a fact. Your play style reminds me of Gobli's in MLP. Arrogant, hardheaded, and contradictory.

A dubious claim, unless you're softclaiming as Saruman the Wise, which would be a poor action on your part.

Judging by your posts so far, I think that you'd be the perfect candidate for an investigation Tonight. You say that we'll regret lynching you, so we'll have to put that to the test; we're either going to be lucky or unlucky if we do lynch you. An investigation is the ideal means by which your worth can be determined, unless you yourself are Cop, in which case I only have one thing to say: Gobli.
I didn't see a claim there. It just seemed like he was desperate to get suspicion off of him. I don't know where you came up with that soft claim.

I agree with you though. I think it would be better if he was investigated tonight. That seems like the best choice right now. If he's town, I don't think he will be nightkilled because he has caught everyone's eye and getting rid of him might clear things up. Unless mafia finds him annoying and wastes their nightkill on him, which would make the investigation a waste.

I disagree. Once that wagon really started to get serious, there were plenty of people just throwing in their votes. That could have easily caused an accidental lynch (just like the Korra no lynch situation). That is scum behaviour to me. Town should never risk losing a PR just because they want to be part of a wagon. That is why those people are suspicious to me. Especially going into Day 1 when we have virtually nothing to go on.
I don't think many people are being serious about their vote on christewks. It did start getting out of hand though, and it could have easily turned into an accidental lynch. Mislynches happen all the time though. Why are you so certain that christewks is a town PR though? He could be scum for all we know. Some people actually have suspicions of him and you are the only one defending him. He's not giving us any solid defenses for himself.

That could be interpreted as scummy or not scummy. Trying to stand out is a good tactic since it makes people think you're not inactive. Unfortunately, it also makes people think you are acting scummy.

Being active and standing out aren't exactly the same thing. Being active just means you have been actively posting in the game, but standing out means you are the center of attention and people are suspicious of you.

When I play in a mafia game on ZD, I like to have fun without someone gushing senseless hostility and self-glorification. These players ruin the experience. :/

Vote: christewks
So, you just slip out the shadows and place a vote on someone because of their behavior? Seems to me like you are trying to slip your vote in before the night ends.

As an afterthought, now that I'm fairly sure I won't get lynched, I'd like to say a few words to the mafia as to why you shouldn't kill me at night.
One: Look at the post everyone's quoting were I say I'm smart but not arrogant because it's true.
Two: I am a newbie and as much as I don't want to play that card it's also true and I'd like to get a decent way through the game.
Three: Just imagine how boring this game would be without me. Isn't that the point, to make this game fun and interesting?(If it's not I'll gladly leave right now. Just give me the word.)
I am pretty sure you will be lynched since day ends soon and you are majority.

1. You still haven't proved that you are smarter than everyone else. Stop using that as a defense.
  2. You are being newby, but inexperience is not a defense.
  3. There has been many games played here without you. You are not the center of all the fun around these forums. You say you're not being arrogant, but you proved it right there.

This is exactly what Heroine did in Legacy. I highly doubt chris is mafia, but after this post I highly believe ALIT is.

Vote: ALIT
You know that Herione was town in that game, right? Also, if I recall correctly, there was only one scum on the M107 lynch. Why are you so certain that christewks is town and ALIT is mafia now? Your reasoning is flawed because you are using something that happened in a different game in which one scum was on the bandwagon and the person you keep mentioning that was on that wagon was town.

Wait, so Alit comes in and simply states what the majority have been saying? How is that scummy? Well even if it is scummy, Alit knows better than to make that sort of predictable move. Alit generally skips day one, and with good reason, day one generally sucks, nothing of related interest happens and we take part in several bandwagons which usually lead to a mismatch. In my eyes, it's actually better for the Mafia to take part in Day One and try to initiate a mislynch - based off of this, Alit is definitely not worth vote worthy as of yet.
That's just it. He came out of the shadows and jumped on the bandwagon for a terrible reason. He could be using reverse psychology and making us think that he wouldn't do the obvious be he did it anyways. Always xpect the unexpected.

Why would Fused and Thar pick up so quickly on this, it doesn't make sense in my eyes, surely they would have thought of a better reason... The only possible reasons as to why I'm think they did so is to take the heat off Chris and onto Alit - this could be be a wise Town move or a sneaky Mafia move, I'm thinking the latter.
I am thinking the same exact thing. It looks like they are trying way to hard to throw their suspicion off their scumbuddy. Or they are masons trying to save someone they think is town. The latter sounds less logical though since I don't think mason will try this hard to save someone they think is down and throw suspicion on themselves.

I do agree. Looking back at that post, it does seem rather suspicious. Plus my flip-flop voting, yeah. I understand your suspicions. Although I have no solid evidence showing fused being scum, again, my vote stands. I'm completely sure of myself. Heck, if he isn't scum, lynch me. I'll even vote myself.

Now... If he isn't scum... Then I'll look like a complete idiot lol.
You were being really flip-floppy with your votes and jumping on every bandwagon so far. You need to be more firm with your votes. You seem like you are going more off of gut feeling than actual suspicion though.

I agree with the part of your quote that I bolded, but I disagree with your argument regarding ALIT. His vote is completely unjustified; he is not voting because he thinks chris is scum. He is voting because he doesn't like chris' attitude. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED IN LEGACY! People only voted for M107 because he was being annoying, (although I was a part of that, my main goal there was avoiding a lynch of myself, not getting a lynch of M107) and look how that turned out. We lynched the Jack-of-all-Trades, the most essential role the town had in that game. I do not want the same thing to happen here.
Can you stop mentioning Legacy? Who knows if this is the exact same thing? We don't know if christewks is town or not. We don't know if he's a power role or not, Why are you so certain that christewks is a town PR? This is not the same thing until it's proven that it's the exact same thing. At least people have some reasonable suspicions against him instead of voting for him because he's annoying.

Alright, I understand. My vote still stands, although not because I want him to be lynched, but because I want to show where my suspicions lie. ;)
If you don't want him lynched then why are you voting for him? If you just find him suspicious then an "IGMEOY" or a "FoS" would make more sense.

I am really suspicious of Fused, Thareous, and Chris. Fused and Thareous are desperately defending Chris. I will keep my eye on ALIT and JC in case Chris comes up town though.

IGMEOY: A Link In Time, justac00lguy
FoS: christewks, Thareous, fused_shadows
Vote: fused_shadows

christewks

King of the Zoras
Thareous, I am not saying I'm more experienced than you, I am saying the opposite. I am a newbie if you haven't noticed. Also I'm not playing my character for all I know sh... I mean my character, could be stupid. I am saying the person behind the keyboard in the real world is highly intelligent. I am not trying to be arrogant but it's hard when you truly are significantly better than other people.
Now since pkfroce cleared up the fact that the person with the most votes gets lynched I am starting to worry. I have no idea how I can get people to not vote for me unless I try to get them to vote for someone else, so I'll do just that. I now realize that you've all played together for a while, but I still feel as though he's scum. Also for some reason I'm getting the same vibe from fused. Don't get me wrong I like you but I like you too much. It seems like your doing the stuff that I'd do if I was scum. just thought i'd throw it out there.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
I can already see who will fail to be an asset to the Town this game.

I am really suspicious of Fused, Thareous, and Chris. Fused and Thareous are desperately defending Chris. I will keep my eye on ALIT and JC in case Chris comes up town though.

Maybe if you'd take just a minute to not overanalyze my posts, you'd see that I wasn't actually "desperately defending" Chris. I recognized what could be a claim at an investigatory power role, and making sure that we don't aimlessly eliminate it. Call it basic instinct, or whatever you want, but additionally remember what happened to Gobli in MLP Mafia. If Chris' role truly does pertain to investigation, like Cop, then it will be an exact repeat of the Gobli scenario, but with softclaiming instead of roleclaiming.

So please tell me how I'm defending anyone minus all the subtle implications.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
EBBED
Thareous, I am not saying I'm more experienced than you, I am saying the opposite. I am a newbie if you haven't noticed. Also I'm not playing my character for all I know sh... I mean my character, could be stupid. I am saying the person behind the keyboard in the real world is highly intelligent. I am not trying to be arrogant but it's hard when you truly are significantly better than other people.

The fact that you are realizing more than most other people here means that you are playing smarter than them--which could very well be the point you're trying to make--but not smarter overall. A handful of the players aren't looking at the right perspectives as they should/usually do. The situation has become jaundiced due to an impulsive bandwagon and the accusations which followed. In the end, this distrust will lead Townsmen to lynch the wrong victims and put the Sauron on the fast track to attaining the Ring.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I don't think many people are being serious about their vote on christewks. It did start getting out of hand though, and it could have easily turned into an accidental lynch. Mislynches happen all the time though. Why are you so certain that christewks is a town PR though? He could be scum for all we know. Some people actually have suspicions of him and you are the only one defending him. He's not giving us any solid defenses for himself.

Who said I was certain christewks is a town PR? I certainly didn't. I said that there is a chance christewks is a PR, meaning that this pointless lynch, which was all brought upon by a joke, could cost us an important role. Would you want that to happen? Depends on your alignment, I guess.

You know that Herione was town in that game, right? Also, if I recall correctly, there was only one scum on the M107 lynch. Why are you so certain that christewks is town and ALIT is mafia now? Your reasoning is flawed because you are using something that happened in a different game in which one scum was on the bandwagon and the person you keep mentioning that was on that wagon was town.

Yes, Heroine was town. I know and understand that. That doesn't mean that her actions were any less scummy. I've been accussed, rightfully, I may add, of scummy behaviour in games I was town. Does the person's alignment make the deed any less scummy? No, it's irrelevant. Just because in that situation the scummy act was done by a member of the town does not make the action any less of a scumtell.

Can you stop mentioning Legacy? Who knows if this is the exact same thing? We don't know if christewks is town or not. We don't know if he's a power role or not, Why are you so certain that christewks is a town PR? This is not the same thing until it's proven that it's the exact same thing. At least people have some reasonable suspicions against him instead of voting for him because he's annoying.

I will not stop mentioning Legacy because this is the exact same situation. A lynch that started on the basis of a joke, and reached a conclusion based on the potential lynchee's annoying or arrogant behaviour. In Legacy, that person ended up being a big town PR. In this situation, christewks could obviously be anything. It's the same situation. The first time we messed up bad, and this time I wanted to prevent it from happening again. Should I apologize for trying to avoid losing a town PR, AGAIN? Well, again, depends on your alignment.

If you don't want him lynched then why are you voting for him? If you just find him suspicious then an "IGMEOY" or a "FoS" would make more sense.

I had explained this, but I think Draco says it better:

Because pressure, or just wanting to show how serious your suspicions, or to get his attention.

FoS and IGMEOY are meaningless, especially on Day 1. There are tons of posts, and it's not likely ALIT (or whomever the suspect is) sees it. However, a vote appears in the vote count again and again and again.

IGMEOY: A Link In Time, justac00lguy
FoS: christewks, Thareous, fused_shadows
Vote: fused_shadows

Because I'm trying my hardest to avoid losing a potential town PR I'm scum? Alright then. You also are suspicious of me because I find ALIT's post scummy.......... yet you then come up and say you're suspicious of him yourself. Seems a bit contradictory, don't ya think?

Also, could you explain your suspicion of christewks? Sure, he may be being a little arrogant and annoying, (okay, a lot) but there's no evidence at all that he's scum.

Also, if chris comes up scum, would I instantly be the person you would want to lynch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom