• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Lord Ghirahim's Fate

Hello, ZD forums. First thing's first, If you are reading this despite the spoiler warning in the title, I am going to assume that you have finished Skyward Sword. If that is not the case, you may wish to leave this thread. If there is no spoiler warning in the title, that just means that I am very inept at making threads, and will allow this to serve as the spoiler warning: HEY, LISTEN! THERE ARE SOME SPOILERS AHEAD!

I have a theory about Lord Ghirahim's end in SS. I originally thought that he died either A) when Demise first pulls Ghirahim into his sword or :cool: when the sword fades from view. Then I thought about that scene for some time and an idea hit me: what if Ghirahim never actually died? My reason for thinking this is that Demise obviously sought revenge for his defeat at Link's hand, stating:
"Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again. Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!"

He clearly knew that he and/or his pure hatred would come back in one form or another (such as Ganondorf). This is the point where my theory kicks in. Demise is immensely powerful, creating/preparing an entire battlefield solely for his fight with Link. Is it not possible, then, that his sword disintigrating was actually Demise teleporting Ghirahim to a safe place to facilitate his revenge? There's no reason he wouldn't be able to do it, as we see Ghirahim (who is far weaker than Demise) teleporting left and right throughout the course of the game, almost treating the ability like a toy.

My thought is that Ghirahim, instead of being killed by Demise pulling the sword from him (though it did look very painful), was just sealed inside the sword. A lot like how Fi is within the Master Sword. After that, it's just the simple matter of placing the sword somewhere safe. I also believe that Ghirahim's power was greatly diminished by his fight with Link and the pulling of Demise's Sword, possibly needing hundreds of years to recuperate. At that point, there's still the problem of being held within the sword. I doubt he'd be able to do much more than create a physical manifestation of himself in a similar manner to Fi, but that really depends on exactly how he is sealed in the sword (either being bound to it like Fi, or able to absorb it into himself as suggested by the way Demise gets the sword from him).

I believe this gives Ghirahim great potential to return in the series, as well as the posibility of an even deeper look into Ganondorf's backstory.

Your thoughts?

*NOTE: If you are a regular visitor at Zelda Eternity, this post may look familiar to you. That is because I posted this theory there first. At the urging of a friend, I decided to spread my thoughts to other websites. I did not change it much from the original post, but I did add on a bit to create a more solid argument.

Welcome to the forums.

I doubt Ghirahim is still alive following the end of Skyward's Sword narrative since after Demise is defeated his sword dissipates into nothingness. Rather than warp to a safe spot it's more likely that Ghirahim perishes.

Ganondorf is never seen with a uniform weapon throughout the franchise, alternating between magic in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess; his blade in Twilight Princess; and the Trident of Power in A Link to the Past and Four Swords Adventures. If Ghirahim is dormant in a weapon it's unlikely he fulfills as large a role as Fi who is perpetually present in the Master Sword, a staple of nearly every major installment.

If Ghirahim returns it's far more likely we'll see him in a prequel. As many pointed out prior to Skyward Sword's release, a similar looking demon is present amid a group of goons in the opening cutscene. While the popular consensus appears to be these figures are Bokoblins, I believe Nintendo can capitalize on this opportunity and delve into the Demon Tribe and the Interloper War in another game early on the timeline.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I'm not convinced. Looking at that end cutscene again (which btw thanks Reptile!) Demise obviously wasn't expecting the Dark Master Sword (I don't know what else to call it) to vanish. From the previous scene with Ghiramin resurrecting Demise, it seems as though he becomes unconscious as the Dark Master Sword is pulled out of him, and his consciousness is absorbed into the sword immediately afterward. So, not dead, but definitely not being able to make any conscious decisions. So I doubt Ghirahim left Demise after his defeat (also that seems entirely against his very nature to abandon his master). I think that Ghirahim's life force is bound to Demise (like Sauron and the One Ring) and when Demise was mortally wounded Ghirahim died.

I don't really know of Ghirahim appearing anytime afterward, like in FSA and such. I'm not really up to speed on what happened in that game, so... maybe? But if anything we'll be seeing Ghirahim again in either a prequel or in flashbacks in subsequent games.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I think that it is likely that Ghirahim survived the battle, but we can't know unless we see him in a game later in the time line. As for when Ghirahim had the sword pulled from him, this scene I always interpreted as a way in which Ghirahim was becoming the sword himself. If this is true then I think that we could call the sward Ghirahim as it would be him in a different form.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Nah. Nintendo would have made this obvious. They aren't subtle story tellers.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I think that it is likely that Ghirahim survived the battle, but we can't know unless we see him in a game later in the time line. As for when Ghirahim had the sword pulled from him, this scene I always interpreted as a way in which Ghirahim was becoming the sword himself. If this is true then I think that we could call the sward Ghirahim as it would be him in a different form.

IIRC, ghirahim has the sword inside of him, Demise removes it and then Ghirahim goes inside the sword, just as Fi does countless time

Basically Fi is bound to the master sword, but Ghirahim somehow managed to turn himself inside-out and make the sword bound to him, when he encounters his master he goes back to the status quo

Makes you wonder if Fi could do the same

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I like to think that Ghirahim somehow survived the Final Battle. I suppose he actually got sealed away in the Master Sword along with Demise though. I think that's what happened.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
There have been many theories relating Ghirahim to the 4 swords games and the Minish Cap as these games come directly after Skyward Sword so there could indeed be a time period were Ghirahim did survive!

I was thinking about making a thread about this but Tbh I haven't done much research about it so I'll just say it here....In many ways I believe that Ghirahim is the opposite of Link and by this I mean someow Dark Link and Ghirahim are related! For one Dark Link is the dark side of link the reflection Ect. (SPOILER) Ghirahim is Demise's sword as we found out in SS and pretty much everyone noticed that this sword bearded much resemblance to the Master Sword and the triforce is seen pointing in the opposite direction.

In my opinion I think Dark Link is the Dark master sword because in Ocarina of Time he pretty much blocks everyone of Links attacks with his sword now is this sword the Demise'sword? I know this theory is very flawed but I have one last evidence for this....In Zelda II AoL Dark Links the final boss and we know that Ganons minions were trying to revive Ganon with the hero's blood, so it's pretty clear that due to Dark Link being the final boss that he was leading the minions and I SS Ghirahim was leading the minions while attempting to revive his master Demise.

So in all I would like to believe that Ghirahim is part of a much bigger plot in the whole Zelda story and I will prob make a more detailed thread in the future that makes a lot more sense :)

My personal opinion is that, whether Girahim died in the battle or not, it doesn't matter, because much like Demise, he would be reborn again and again throughout time, Always serving his master's reincarnation.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I was thinking about making a thread about this but Tbh I haven't done much research about it so I'll just say it here....In many ways I believe that Ghirahim is the opposite of Link and by this I mean someow Dark Link and Ghirahim are related! For one Dark Link is the dark side of link the reflection Ect. (SPOILER) Ghirahim is Demise's sword as we found out in SS and pretty much everyone noticed that this sword bearded much resemblance to the Master Sword and the triforce is seen pointing in the opposite direction.

Ghirahim is the opposite of Fi, the share many visual similarities, and while Fi is cold and robotic Ghirahim is flamboyant and emotional,Fi is also the spirit of the master sword while Ghirahim is the spirit of the "dark master sword"
In my opinion I think Dark Link is the Dark master sword because in Ocarina of Time he pretty much blocks everyone of Links attacks with his sword now is this sword the Demise'sword? I know this theory is very flawed but I have one last evidence for this....In Zelda II AoL Dark Links the final boss and we know that Ganons minions were trying to revive Ganon with the hero's blood, so it's pretty clear that due to Dark Link being the final boss that he was leading the minions and I SS Ghirahim was leading the minions while attempting to revive his master Demise.
Dark Link was just a test, nothing more

I agree with bluereptile.the expression on demise's face was 'my most loyal servant dares to abandon me' and I think that demise could have lasted longer had he a weapon to fight with. Many say ghirahim died but I don't think so. he will probably return in the final game.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Demise thought the fight could go on, but Ghirahim fled. I want him to return in a more serious incarnation. The experiences he just had would have hardened him into a killing machine bent on vengeance. (I also hope to have new opportunities to inflict pain upon such a terrible character)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom