• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Looking For Suggestions From Hard Core Tolkien Fans

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I want to try doing a hard-cover leather wrap for a set of LotR books for my wife at stone point since she's considering reading them for the first time. Of course, I've got the budget collection that came out around the same time as Peter Jackson's Fellowship but it's paperback, cheap, and a single book. I'd like to do several individual books for her so they'd look good on a shelf. I'd like to get a good text, fine paper, strong binding, etc. Any suggestions on editions that might suit my needs? I hear good things about the Alan Lee Illuminated edition.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh Alan Lee is great!! Unfortunately I can't help you about that because I got all three books in one. And not the Alan Lee one. I got the Silmarillion one with Alan Lee illustrations though. Have you tried amazon or ebay?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Oh Alan Lee is great!! Unfortunately I can't help you about that because I got all three books in one. And not the Alan Lee one. I got the Silmarillion one with Alan Lee illustrations though. Have you tried amazon or ebay?
I haven't purchased them yet although I've heard that Tolkien intended the Lord of the Rings to be presented as a single volume so I may end up going with that. I'm interested in font preference and paper quality for instance, although the illuminated Lee books may win me over for their pictures alone.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I haven't purchased them yet although I've heard that Tolkien intended the Lord of the Rings to be presented as a single volume so I may end up going with that. I'm interested in font preference and paper quality for instance, although the illuminated Lee books may win me over for their pictures alone.
The pictures are really breath taking! I've seen them and they are really worth it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom