• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Looking back... The Wrong

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
So I'd like to start doing this thing, where I want you to all think back to your first playthrough of a Zelda game (Or multiple), and find a few moments where you were doing a puzzle, or fighting a boss or something completely wrong (In this case it's wrong, it'll be a different category in the future)

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Basically any boss I thought I could just swing my sword at instead of using whatever item I got in the dungeon.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In Twilight Princess I distinctly remember searching for hours to find the key that would unlock the gate to the misty area in Faron woods. I did not think to dig under the gate as I was in wolf form!

Cant relly remember doing anything wrong since Zelda is usually blatantly sign-posted.

I think the one thing thatbpops to mind is i didnt realise the tiles on the floor in ALBW would lift up if you used the spinning leaf item thing.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The first time I played through Ocarina of Time, it took me forever to figure out that you had to hookshot the branch to enter the Forest Temple. I probably searched the entire overworld trying to find a way to repair the broken stairs. I actually discovered it by accident while looking for hidden Hookshot targets.

The first time I played Twilight Princess I got stuck for hours in the Lakebed Temple. What is obvious to most people was definitely not obvious to me. Midna gives hints about the stalactites hanging from the ceiling, but I had no idea what a stalactite was, and I had no access to Google at the time. Eventually, I noticed that they looked like they had "weak spots" and tried using bomb arrows on them, but it did take a very long time and I nearly gave up.

Back to Ocarina of Time, when I first tried getting the Biggoron Sword, I didn't know about the Trading Sequence. I found Medigoron in Goron City, and bought the Giant's Knife off him, but it broke. So I bought it again, and kept buying it, thinking that was how to obtain the Biggoron Sword (I thought after several failed attempts, he would eventually perfect the sword). I wasted a lot of time going back and forth from the Market to Goron City to collect rupees. Several hours, at least. Not exactly my proudest moment.

And lastly, the first time I played The Wind Waker, I had no idea how to get the sail, so I probably talked to every single NPC on the island, including Zunari, who I initially said no to because I didn't realize he was trying to sell me the sail ("That" is not very helpful). Luckily it didn't take me too long to finally give in and buy "That" from him, but it was probably the third time I had talked to him after making at least two laps around the island talking to everybody.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I actually discovered it by accident while looking for hidden Hookshot targets.
It wasn't an accident if you were looking for hidden hookshot targets and then found one ;)

And lastly, the first time I played The Wind Waker, I had no idea how to get the sail, so I probably talked to every single NPC on the island, including Zunari, who I initially said no to because I didn't realize he was trying to sell me the sail ("That" is not very helpful). Luckily it didn't take me too long to finally give in and buy "That" from him, but it was probably the third time I had talked to him after making at least two laps around the island talking to everybody.
Same. I spent a good 6 hours just walking around, talking to NPCs, and trying to discover something I missed.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
on my very first playthrough of wind waker when i was really young, i was stumped at the VERY first room of dragon roost cavern (on the statues you have to move,before you even see the two bokoblins)
initially i though you had a to play a song on the wind waker to the statues, and i was trying to remember the two practice songs the king of red lions shows you when he gives you the wind waker, it took some time but i eventually found out they were movable

I first started playing Zelda in the early 90s on the nes. On the original Zelda i did pretty good and i could beat every castle except 7. I bombed every wall and did everything i could to find the boss. I didn't realize i had to kill all the wall masters in that one room to be able to move a block which revealed a staircase to the boss. in fact i never found out until my adult years replaying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom