• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Looking Back... The Beautiful

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Looking back at your first or second playthrough of a Zelda game, what were some things, people, areas, or whatever that you thought were beautiful?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Nothing from suckward sword that's for damn sure.

Ganondorf in HW count? Him and his glorious mane are beautiful.

Gohdans chamber from WW

There is also Zora's Domain from BoTW

The Palace of Twilight from TP

All. Of. Wind Waker <3

latest

I also love how deep the twilight amber could get.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I always though the Spirit Temple was really aesthetically pleasing. I'm not sure if I'd call it beautiful, but it was certainly something that stood out for me in Ocarina of Time when I first played it.

Lake Hylia in Twilight Princess certainly stands out. While I'm not overly fond of the game's artstyle, and even Lake Hylia is full of dull textures and the eyesore of a cannon house in the middle of it, I've always thought it looked beautiful. Perhaps it's the amount of detail in the water, or the landscapes, or the fact that you can see the Arbiter's Grounds from it. Definitely a stand out place in an otherwise rather glum looking game.

There's also something about the Gerudo Desert that makes it look really beautiful, in its own way.

As for people/characters, I always thought the Helmaroc King in The Wind Waker looked really majestic and beautiful, until I fought it and discovered that it was nothing more than a silly looking chicken beneath the helmet. Honestly, it kind of ruined it for me.

Oh, and I should give a special mention to a particular moment in Twilight Princess that looked amazing to me the first time I played it. It's the scene where Link walks through the door in Sacred Grove, and comes out in the Temple of Time. It was a really beautiful moment that had me screaming with nostalgia.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Lake Hylia and Zora's Domain in TP for certain. The grandeur and majesty of snowpeak as well.

Nothing beats seeing Hyrule Field for the first time in Ocarina of Time. And the Temple of Time in OoT always impressed me with its magnificence.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
All of Wind Waker's soundtrack, for a start. Beautiful in so many ways and it never loses its power.

Lake Hylia in Twilight Princess. Glittering, clear water, soothing music, high, comfy cliffs all around. It's what I think of when I hear the word "idyllic".

Also, Telma's fat ti—

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom