• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Longest Time between Starting and Finishing a Game

MW7

Have you ever picked up a game and not finished until years later? I have several times. The craziest example for me is Goldeneye 007. I first played the game in 1998, and I could beat almost all the levels on 00 Agent except Control and Aztec. It wasn't until 2013 until I finally put enough time in to finish those two levels (and I also found out how incredibly easy Egyptian is). I was greatly helped by the strategy of luring Jaws back to the locked room in Aztec that I found on the Internet. It wasn't until this year that I picked up the game yet again and gained enough skill to unlock all the cheats. So 17 years in the making and I finally mastered the game. What's the longest it's taken you to finish a game?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah Majoras Mask. I never could get to the stone tower temple when I played it as a wee lad. I got it when I was 6 and I completed it when I got the LOZ collectors edition I think I was 15 or 16.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I started playing OoT in 2000, and was never able to find the Sword to get past Mido. I fell into a cycle where I'd try again every 3 months and give up after 10 hours of exploring the Lost Woods. This year, I finally rage-searched a walkthrough and used it for the entire game out of sheer spite, as it's a well known fact that walkthroughs more or less ruin the experience of the game.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
i just sold ~50 games this spring that i realized i was probably never going to play again, much less finish.

the white whale of my collection is probably Curse of the Azure Bonds. i played it for the first time in '89-90 and always get stuck at various points. the ridiculously unforgiving old school grind becomes less and less appealing as time goes on.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
im not sure if it really counts to include a game i had lost access to for a long period of time,b/c obviously i couldn't beat since i didn't have it
as of now,i'd give this to metroid prime 3 since i've had it for over 3 years now and still haven't beaten it,and probably won't until much later on
im including it b/c although i haven't beaten it,i do plan on doing so....just not now

Salem

SICK
Probably Secret of Mana and Sonic the Hedgehog 3, it took me many years to beat those two games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom