• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Longest Playthrough of a Pokemon Game?

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
Which of the titles holds your longest playthrough?

I can't recall my longest playthrough at present, but I believe my first main Yellow playthrough was at around 200 hours. Most of my hours are into main story in the newer games, without much hardcore EV training and so on.

I think I had around 150 in Platinum. I did have 120 hours logged into Black, but I lost the game a few months preventing me from playing it. D:

Kazumi

chagy
I believe the current record is 1450 hours in my old Pokemon Emerald save. That's the one where I finished the National Dex, and did pretty much everything possible. That game was amazing.

Unfortunately now I can blow through a Pokemon game quite quickly, and usually have little motivation to do all of the extras. I've only spent 60 hours on Heart Gold and only about 35 on Black. I really should go back to those games, Black especially.

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
I believe the current record is 1450 hours in my old Pokemon Emerald save. That's the one where I finished the National Dex, and did pretty much everything possible. That game was amazing.

Unfortunately now I can blow through a Pokemon game quite quickly, and usually have little motivation to do all of the extras. I've only spent 60 hours on Heart Gold and only about 35 on Black. I really should go back to those games, Black especially.

I've found the same thing recently - the newer games I don't feel like I am giving them the full attention they deserve as I have just blasted through the main story in Black and spent little time building up my team, doing side stuff, etc. I really want to explore more of it but I have little impetus pushing me to do it. For some reason though, I returned to SoulSilver recently and really spent lots of time over training up my team and making a perfect one.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I also find myself demotivated in the newer games, maybe it's cos I don't have the time, maybe the next long holiday I have I'll bring it along and just build up an awesome team :D
as for the original question, about 400 hours completing the pokedex in pearl, I was so close, had about 3 legendary pokemon left, celebi and two others I think, and then, out of nowhere, generation V *twitch*

WW IsDa Bombchu

Fez+Bowtie=Time
I don't know how long my Emerald time is, but I left my DS on charge, with Emerald still rolling, when I left for a vacation, and I thought I lost it somewhere on the plane, when it was in my room the whole time :suspicious:. So even though I technically only played for no more a week's worth of hours, I clocked over 2 months of AFK time on it.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
WOW you guys all beat me. My Ruby has 281:27 hours on it and I have had it for 11 years and its the only game I never reset. I mainly use it to breed Pokemon to put on my other games now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom