• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
When I was still learning to internets, I used it a lot. Nowadays, I only use it when I'm being sarcastic.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I don't use lol too much. It is a bit weird to shout a random dutch word that means fun. I did use it sometimes because everybody else did, but now I use a lot of smilies instead.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I'm not a big fan of 'lol'. I usually only say it when the conversation is getting awkward or I want to break up my usage of 'haha'.
I didn't know what it meant until I was about 16, so I never said it when I was younger. I'm not really sure why I ever started to use it at all, actually.

LOL is what I use when me or my friends make a stupid pun that we only think is funny because it's not funny.
I just say hahaha or some kind of laugh when something is funny.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I am aware what the abbreviation really stands for, but the way people use it, the simple lol has been toned down to mean "I think that's amusing" or maybe it gets a chuckle out of me. If something really does make me lol, I will either cap it, or up it by using lmao (especially a capped LMAO). It's kinda silly how we misuse some of the abbreviations out there, but... *shrugs* that's the way it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom