• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Locked In: A ZD Fan Fiction

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
A message to my readers: Thank you all so much!

Chapter 6 ~ The Mysterious Whistling Noise

~Scene 1~

“Ari! How do you think this one looks?” Mezlo said to me, wearing a sloth beanie. Mezlo and I decided to go shopping at a local hat store in the Huklebery kingdom. It was definitely the right decision.
“Oh my Nauryu, you look spectacular!” I exclaimed. “What about me in this Link cap?”
“Girl, that cap is so you,” Mezlo replied, nodding his head.
“GUYSSSSSSS! HAVE YOU HEARD???” a voice suddenly yelled as the front door of the hat store opened.
“Snow? What are you doing here?” I asked.
“You haven’t heard?” she said to Mezlo and I.
“What are you talking about?” Mezlo said.
“I guess you haven’t heard then,” Snow replied.
“Well, then tell us, girl! Come on!” I shouted at her.
“Okay, well the King has informed me that some of our citizens have been abducted by some unseen creatures...at least...we think they’re just creatures,” Snow explained. “Anyways, the King and all the soldiers servaying the land have noticed that right before these abductions, the victim will hear a strange whistling noise...Almost like they’re in a trance.”
“How do they know this? Has this happened before?” I asked, confused.
“No but it’s mainly an urban legend. But I think this just might be the real deal this time. King seems to think so, too.” Snow said.
“Holy ****, I might have to take a vacation to Hyrule this week,” Mezlo sighed, putting his usual Ezlo cap back on. “See you ladies soon.” Mezlo dashed out of the store without hesitation.
“Wimp,” Snow said.
“Hey, maybe he just needs to chill by Lake Hylia for awhile. He may have...other reasons for leaving.” I told Snow.
“I know, I just felt like calling him a wimp,” she said.
“Well, like Lemmy said, you are the PMS queen.” I replied. She nodded and smiled and we left the store.

~Scene 2~

“Leaf Leaf and Lemmy are gone?” Canary said, standing before the King of Huklebery in his royal throne room.
“Yes...it seems this situation is becoming a threat to our kingdom. Canary, can you search the land to see if you can find any clues to what might be going on?” the King asked.
“Yes, sir, I’ll go right now.” she replied, flying away.
King sighed and put his head in his hands.
“Sir, do you need a towel?” Rep, the royal guard asked.
“No, no need.” King answered.
“What about a foot massage?”
“No thanks,”
“A back rub?’ Rep kept teasing him.
“I’m fine,” King groaned.
“Okay, I’ll get your bath ready,” Rep laughed.
“That’ll do,” King said to him.

~Scene 3~

I came downstairs after a long nap in my bedroom at Snow Queen’s castle. I yawned as I walked down the frosty steps.
“Snow? Did you wanna go out tonight and do something like hunt some gold skulltas?” I asked, wiping the crust from my eyes. There was no reply. She must have been in the ice garden behind the castle. I grabbed my Otter x Sloth 4ever jacket and stepped outside the back door.
“Snow?” I shouted. She wasn’t there.
I went back inside and hung my coat back up, when suddenly, I heard a faint humming sound, almost like some sort of singing.
“Snow, are you in your bedroom with the music cranked up again?” I yelled, walking back upstairs. I put my ear up to her door, but there wasn’t any music coming from the inside, but I could still hear it from somewhere. I even opened her door after knocking, and she was nowhere to be seen.
“Dammit, did she run off to Hyrule like Mez?” I complained to myself, going back outside. The noise grew louder. It was some sort of pleasant melody. I could feel my ears and my whole body beginning to relax. I tried to snap out of it.
“Is anyone out here?! Snow!!!” I shouted, but still no answer. Only the faint sound of a nice, calming melody. I walked out into the woods. It kept getting louder, and I kept getting happier and calmer. It was like something was pulling me in the direction it was coming from. I kept heading towards it; my adventurer instincts told me to.
As I got deeper into the cold, snowy woods, I could see the flicker of a fire in the distance. That’s when the ‘humming’ sound became a pleasant whistle.
“Aw, this is a nice tune. I wonder what song this is,” I said to myself, navigating through the overgrown forest. As I got closer to the fire, I noticed a cave. There were no trees or any sort of greenery around it. I figured I’d go check it out, I came all this way, after all.
I walked up to the front of the cave. The fire was coming from deep inside it, and so was the whistling.
“I have to know WHAT IS MAKING THIS BEAUTIFUL SOUND!” I exclaimed, running now.
Finally, I made it to the end of the cave. Standing before me were four people dancing around a bonfire while someone was sitting down whistling and playing guitar. I couldn’t make out who they were, so I hid behind a rock and watched.
The whistling stopped for a moment, and the group of dancers cheered.
“Do another song!” one of them yelled. It looked like a Koopa. It was a red Koopa.
“Lemmy,” I whispered to myself.
“I wish King was here!” a bird girl exclaimed. She had light blue feathers.
“Canary?” I said, loud enough that they heard me.
“Hey, I think I hear someone,” a male voice said. I recognized it. It was Leaf Leaf.
Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming towards where I was. I panicked. I had no where else to go. There was no way out now.
“...Ari?” a voice said, I turned around and looked up at his face. It was Pendio, from the royal band.
“NOPE WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???” I said, hoping he wouldn’t recognize my face in the shadow of the rock. But it was too late. I was caught.
“Did you come to join the music party too?” he asked.
I stood up.
“But wait...I thought...” I began, looking behind him at Snow Queen.
She smiled. “Oh!” she remembered. “I was pulling your leg earlier, girl! Can’t you take a joke?” she laughed.
I looked at everyone.
“Then what about the King asking to find everyone? Disappearing and....vanishing and...” I was at a loss for words. “Whistling?”
Pendio smiled. “Oh, you mean the music! Yes, that is me!” he said, proudly.
“That was you?” I asked. “That beautiful song...?”
Pendio laughed like it was nothing. “Yeah, of course!” he exclaimed. Everyone else nodded.
“It was really good, even from far away.” I told him.
“Then join the party BRO!” Leaf Leaf shouted. “Play another tune for us, Pendio!”
We all laughed and had a good time in Pendio’s music cave.
“What did I miss?!” Mezlo shouted, running up to all of us in front of the bond fire.
“Girl, you’re so late,” I joked with him.
Mezlo joined the party and we all danced and sang to Pendio’s wonderful music. Eventually King and Rep came and joined in. Apparently, King still thought it was all an issue.
“Why do you guys tease me so hard like that...” King sighed.
“It’s okay,” Mezlo patted him on the back.
We continued on until the dawn of a new day.

Pen

The game is on!
This is so funny! It got me thinking of the sirens from Greek mythology, but of course it turned out to be something quite different, haha. :D

Also, I needed to get my custom title changed. That royal band sounds so cool! :cool:

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
This is so funny! It got me thinking of the sirens from Greek mythology, but of course it turned out to be something quite different, haha. :D

Also, I needed to get my custom title changed. That royal band sounds so cool! :cool:

I'm glad it inspired you change it to that. :)

Reactions: Pen

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
shipshipshipshipshipshipshipshipshipshipshipship

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Chapter 7 ~ Sincerely, Your Number 1 Fan (Part 1)

~Scene 1~

There was a loud knock at Snow Queen’s castle door. Then another. And another.
“Snow, get that! I’m busy right now!” I yelled downstairs at her, trying to beat the video game Star Fox Adventures on Gamecube.
“NEH!” she hollered back.
“What?” I said, not hearing what she said.
“NEH!” she responded.
“Okay, fine, I’m coming down.” I said, pausing the game.
I opened the door. It was Pendio.
“Oh!” I said, surprised. “What’s up?”
“Here, a letter.” he said, pulling a letter out of a mailbag and handing it to me.
“You’re delivering mail now, too?” I exclaimed. “You’ve got so many skills!”
He chuckled a little. “No, it’s Lemmy’s week off. She went to the Great Bay in Termina for a vacation.”
“Lucky *****,” Snow groaned under her breath.
“Well, I’ll see you later.” he said, smiling at me.
“Later...at band rehearsal...yeah!” I cheered, closing the door as he walked back to the village.
“Snow, I think I got another letter from you-know-who...” I sighed heavily.
“Your stalker?” Snow laughed.
“Shut up. Whoever this is, is just...obsessed. Big time.” I replied.
“Open the letter, already, dammit!” Snow yelled at me.
“Okay, jeesh,” I said, opening up the letter with hearts drawn all over it.
“Dearest Ari,” It read. “I have listened to your beautiful voice ever since the day you arrived here. I want you to know...My heart soars when I see you, like an eagle that soars across the desert for food. My love is hungry. Hungry for you. Sincerely, your number 1 fan.”
“Wow, someone’s horny,” Snow commented.
“Ew,” I responded, folding the letter back up and throwing it on the pile of the other 200 love letters.
I sat down next to Snow on her ice couch.
“Who do you think it could be?” I asked her.
“Hmmm...” she thought. “Do you think it could be Mezlo? You all go hat shopping a lot, maybe he’s developed a burning desire to be with you,”
Snow and I both looked at each other for a few seconds.
“BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.” we cackled like gossipy old women.
“This is killing me!” I yelled. “I have to know who it is!”

~Scene 2~

“Whew! Great rehearsal, everyone! I guess we’ll go ahead and wrap it up for today.” Pendio said as we put our instruments down. Batman took a drink out of his water bottle and Mezlo put his drum sticks back in his pocket.
“Yeah, that was so much fun...like always!” I said happily.
“Yo, Ari, do you wanna go to the hat store again?” Mezlo asked. “I had a lot of fun trying on mammal caps yesterday.”
“****, maybe he did write the letters?!?!?” I said to myself.
“Letters?” Mezlo said. Ugh, why do I have to talk so loud?
“Letters...uh....how many letters does your name have in it, Mezlo...? 1,2,3,4,5...Okay! I’m doing a servey, I had to know.” I lied, awkwardly.
“Uh...okay cool!” Mezlo responded. “Let’s go to the store now.”

~Scene 3~

“Mezlo, I gotta be honest with you,” I started, as Mezlo put a sloth fedora on his head. “Have you been writing...love letters to me?”
He looked puzzled. “Someone’s writing you love letters?” he said, chuckling a bit.
“Yeah...I’ve gotten 200 of them,” I told him.
“Damn! They’ve got a lot of time on their hands.” Mezlo commented.
“So it’s not you?” I asked.
“Nope. But I’m curious to find out who it is now,” he said. “I think I have an idea. We could always get the King to hire investigators.”
“Really? I don’t wanna bother him with my nonsense,” I said.
“No, it’s fine. Really, there’s not too much going on there right now. Unless W. Dong comes back to wreak havoc.” Mezlo laughed.
We left the hat store, anxious to get to the bottom of this.

~Scene 4~

“I’ve already found two people willing to investigate,” the King told Mezlo and I in the Huklebery castle. Seth and Batman walked up and waved.
“Hey,” Seth said.
“These two? I thought you were going to hire professionals???” I exclaimed.
“Gee, thanks,” Batman sighed.
“I didn’t mean it like that!” I replied.
“They didn’t tell you?” King said to me. “They are part-time investigators!”
“Yes we are!” Seth and Batman said, showing us their badges.
“Wow, so official,” Mezlo commented.
“I’m counting on you two,” I said to them, patting their backs.
Seth and Batman nodded at each other and left the castle. It was up to them now.

~Scene 5~

“Quick! This way, Seth!” Batman exclaimed as the two navigated through the desert.
“The letter mentioned an eagle...There’s one right up ahead!” Batman informed him.
Suddenly, they were interrupted by a large group of 4 moblins. Seth pulled out his sword and fought two of them simutaneously. Batman grabbed a moblin’s head and twisted it off with his strong hands. Blood poured all over his gloves.
“Yuck,” he said to himself, taking his gloves off. It was serious now.
Seth stabbed a moblin in the stomach, which killed him instantly. Seth then fought one-on-one with the other moblin and cut his head off.
“One more!” Batman yelled. “Seth, look behind you!”
The last moblin creeped up behind Seth and grabbed his neck, choking him.
“Batman...! Do something!” Seth tried to say, as the moblin’s grip grew tighter. Batman ran up behind the moblin. The moblin felt him coming from behind, and swung his arm back. Batman went flying.
“****!” Seth tried to yell, gasping for air.
Suddenly, a gun shot went off. The moblin let go of Seth and they both dropped to the ground. The moblin had two bullets lodged in his lower back.
“...Batman?” Seth said, looking around.
“The name’s Rep,” a voice said. Seth turned around to view his friend and royal guard, Rep.
“Dude, why are you out here?” Seth asked him.
“King sent out some back-up...just in case. Looks like he made the right decision.” Rep laughed, running his hands through his hair.
“I’m so sorry, Seth,” Batman said, running up to meet them.
“It’s okay. Are you hurt?” Seth asked.
“Nope, I’m fine,” Batman replied, brushing the dirt off of his black pants.
“Have you found this love letter guy yet?” Rep asked them.
“No...but we did see an eagle in the distance,” Batman told him.
“...” Rep started. “So nothing?”
Seth and Batman stared at him for a few seconds.
“...Nothing.” Seth replied.
“Why don’t you guys just go around town and ask for people to show you their hand-writing instead of wasting time out here? Then you can take all their writings and compare them to the letters.” Rep explained.
“Dude, we should have thought of that in the first place,” Batman said.
The three of them laughed awkwardly.
Seth pulled out a pad and a pencil.
“We’re off to the village then!” he exclaimed.
~Scene 6~
(The scene change is very similar to the scene changes in the Batman show from the ‘60’s. But instead of the Batman symbol, it’s Seth, Batman, and Rep’s faces.)

“Found ‘em!” Rep exclaimed as the three of them compared the writings and the love letters.
“Oh, who is it?” Seth asked.
“I never expected this...” Rep said.
“WHO IS IT?” Batman exclaimed.
“It’s...” Rep began, with a tremble in his voice.
“It’s...”

~To Be Continued...~

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Chapter 8 ~ Sincerely, Your Number 1 Fan (Part 2)

~Scene 6 (cont.)~

“LEMMY KOOPA???”
Rep, Seth, and Batman all stared at each other, making ‘umu’ faces.
“You called?” Lemmy said as she walked in on the royal meeting room.
“LEMMY!” Rep shouted. “...WE FOUND YOU.”
“What are you talking about? I’ve only been gone for a few days. I’m back now to deliver the mail.” Lemmy responded.
“YOU. DID YOU WRITE THIS LETTER?” Batman said, holding up the love letter to Lemmy’s face.
“Er...gotta deliver the mail! King just called for me. Bye!” Lemmy said, running off.
“Not so fast.” King said, grabbing Lemmy at the door of the royal meeting room.
“Ack! Let me go!” Lemmy cried, trying to break loose of King’s strong grip.
“Not until you tell us why you’ve been writing these letters for Ari. Are you in love with her?” King asked.
“No, no that’s not it at all! Really!” Lemmy shouted. “Let me go and I’ll explain everything.”
King noticed her sincere expression, so he let her down.
“Thank you.” Lemmy said with a cough. “Now, let me tell you what the real story is behind these letters.”
Everyone listened, attentively.
“I’ve been writing these letters, yes, but,” Lemmy went on. “They are someone else’s feelings.”
“Whose?” Rep asked.
“He doesn’t want me to tell you,” Lemmy said, when suddenly the King grabbed her by her Koopa shell.
“Tell us. NOW!” he demanded.
“Okay, fine,” Lemmy sighed. “The one who loves Ari is...”

~Scene 7~

“Man, I’m so tired, I need something to pump me up!” Leaf Leaf said as him and Squirrel walked to the village market.
“I know what will pump you up,” Squirrel chuckled with a wink.
“Yeah, if only...” Leaf Leaf said, suddenly bumping into a nicely dressed boy with sunglasses. He accidently knocked the grocery bag out of the boy’s arms.
“Sorry, man. Are you alright?” Leaf Leaf said to the boy.
“Yeah, don’t worry about it!” the boy said nicely.
“Whoa! You’re Pendio from the royal band, right? Can I get your autograph please???” Leaf Leaf shouted at the boy.
Pendio laughed. “Sure.”
“And I was wondering...” Leaf Leaf began as Pendio finished signing the back of his grocery list. “Can you get me Ari’s autograph as well? You know...I’ve just been too embarrassed to ask...heh.”
“Yeah, sure.” Pendio agreed, as the three began to part ways.
“Thanks man!” Leaf Leaf shouted and waved. Pendio waved and went on his way to Snow’s castle.

~Scene 8~

“I can’t believe it’s Leaf!” Batman chuckled.
“Well...it is.” Lemmy said.
“Who’s gonna tell Ari?” King asked everyone.
“Not me, no way, too weird,” Rep sighed.
“We should get someone who knows Ari well to tell her,” King said, noticing Pendio passing by the window. King ran outside to catch him.
“Pendio!” he shouted. Pendio was wearing headphones and listening to The Beatles, so he was unable to hear King’s call. He shrugged and went back inside.
“Lemmy, I command you to go there and tell her.” King said.
“What, why me?” Lemmy complained.
“Just do it!” King yelled, pointing at the exit door.
“Fine, jeesh, why do I always gotta tell people ****...” Lemmy mumbled as she went out the door.

~Scene 9~

“That’s it! I have to tell her! I need to tell her how I really feel!” Leaf Leaf suddenly exclaimed in the market.
“Then do it, bro,” Squirrel said, nodding. “You better get there before Pendio, though. Or that would be really awkward...”
“Okay, I’m outta here!” Leaf shouted, pulling out his hover scooter and heading off.
Leaf Leaf flew through the village, all the way up the steep hill leading to Snow Queen and Ari’s castle.
“Alright, made it!” Leaf Leaf cheered, getting off of his hover board. He cleared his throat and banged on the tall door.
“Hey Leaf, what brings you here?” I said after opening the door.
“I need to...tell you something!” Leaf Leaf exclaimed.

“Well, you seem excited. Come in and sit down.” I told him, leading him to the parlor.
“Snow, go upstairs!” I yelled at her as she was laying lethargically on the couch.
“Make me!” she replied, making the ‘uwu’ face. I violently pushed her off the couch.
“Hot,” she said, getting up and going back upstairs.
“So what’s on your mind bro?” I asked.
“I’m...” he began.
“Yes?” I said.
“I’M YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN! <3” Leaf Leaf shouted, jumping to hug me.
“...You wrote the letters?” I replied, pushing him away.
“Yes...well....Lemmy did. I was too scared to write them myself. So I just talked and Lemmy wrote it down.” he explained.
“They were very nice, Leaf, but I only think of you as a good buddy,” I said.
Leaf sighed. “Aww....well, that’s okay. I like being your buddy too.” He tried to make a smile.
“DID YOU WANNA PLAY SPIN THE BOTTLE NOW???” he shouted, when suddenly someone came into the castle.
“Who’s there?” I asked. No answer.
Suddenly, a familiar boy walked up.
“Hey, Ari, I was wondering...oh hey!” Pendio said, noticing Leaf Leaf. “You beat me to it.”
“Beat him to what?” I asked.
There was a long, long silence. So long I could feel the waves of tension going through my body.
“Really, Pendio...? You...I...” I said, feeling my cheeks growing hot and my heart beating faster.
“Can I get your autograph, Ari?” Leaf Leaf interrupted.
“Yeah, sure,” I said as he handed me a pen and some paper.
“Well, looks like my work here is done. See you later, girl!” Leaf Leaf said, leaving the castle.
“That was weird...I wonder why he asked me to do it when he did it himself,” Pendio laughed.
“He just wanted my autograph? I thought...letters...feels...things.” I trailed off.
Pendio laughed. “Letters?”
“Nevermind! Just something me and Leaf were talking about before you got here. It was nothing!” I rambled. Pendio smiled and laughed.
“See you at rehearsal tomorrow?” he said, with a look of excitement in his eyes.
“Of course.” I replied, giving him a high five. He began to leave the castle, when he turned around to speak.
“Wait...” he started. “Can I have your autograph?”
I chuckled and looked at my feet.
“Duh!”
I signed the pick guard on his electric guitar slung over his shoulder.
“See ya!” he said with a beaming smile as he left the castle. His smile was as bright as the sun.
Suddenly, a red Koopa flew through the castle doors, almost breaking one of Snow’s ice statues.
“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!?!” Snow yelled, coming down the stairs.
“Ari! Ari, I have something to tell you!” Lemmy said, popping out of her shell.
“Lemmy! You’re back! What is it?” I said.
“LEMMY DID YOU BREAK MY WALUIGI STATUE?!?!?!” Snow screeched, running up to Lemmy.
“I might have...damaged his hat a little...” Lemmy said, trailing off.
“AWAY WITH YOU!” Snow went off.
“Wait! First I need to tell Ari something. This is King’s orders!” Lemmy explained.
“...Fine. Go ahead.” Snow responded.
“Leaf Leaf has been writing letters to you!” Lemmy exclaimed.
“I know!” I laughed.
“Then why the hell am I here, I’m out.” Lemmy sighed, getting back into her shell and rolling off.
“So...what happens now?” Snow asked me.
“I don’t know,” I said with a smile. I stared at the castle door, spacing out a bit.
“Ari?” she asked.
“Yeah?” I replied.
“..............UWU.”
“Good night, Snow,” I laughed, brushing her off.
“Ninight.” she responded, walking upstairs to her bedroom.
I yawned and stretched across my warm bed.
“Maybe I’m not totally hopeless.” I said to myself, turning out the light.
I couldn’t sleep for the whole night because I couldn’t get it off my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom