• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Locked Door in the Hylian Temple???

H

Hazem091

Hey guys,

I wanted to know if anybody knew anything about the locked door in the sacred realm. Apparently if you go through the Gate of Time in the Sealed Grounds at the end of the game, you will find Groose and Young Impa standing there waiting for you to finish off Demise. If you open up your map, you will see a locked door to the right, leading off to what should be the past version of the Faron Woods. Now every locked door must have a Key. If anybody knows anything about this door, please let me know because I've looked everywhere for a way to open it! Thanks

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Does the door you're refering to have a pad-lock on it, or is it simply closed and won't open? If it's just closed and won't open then it's probably just an inaccesible area in the game. If it has a pad-lock on it then that's really interesting.

It doesn't open. They didn't design anything for the past other than that area and where you fight Demise (which is an undisclosed land of nothingness).

H

Hazem091

Thats the thing. I thought they only created the past world for fighting Demise only. However, when you're in the temple with Groose and Young Impa and you open up your map, there is a pad-lock on the map. In every Zelda game, whenever a pad-lock existed on the map, you were able to unlock that door with some sort of key. Now I'm not sure why they would just throw it in this game for no reason. I've searched all over the internet and I couldn't find anything on this door. It puzzles me.

It's there to give you the illusion of a world beyond. Some people might not understand that the past does have the rest of the world to it, even though you can only access a small fraction of that world. This game did a lot of things the others didn't. It's just something you'll have to accept. (or go crazy trying to deny)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yeah, you can blame the game designers for putting a keyhole in the map where there is none (at least none which you could open). And yeah it would probably lead to the Ancient Faron Woods or whatever was there in the past.
But AFAIK there's another situation of a door you can't open at a certain time, even though there's a keyhole on the map: The bathroom in the Knight Academy at night (you can get to Zelda's room though and on the way you can also see why the bathroom's locked). And I think you can't open Gaepora's room at night either.

The door is locked just so you can't go to Faron Woods.

Yep. That key symbol just lets you know that an area is locked and/or off-limits. It does not necessarily always mean there's a way in (using a small key).

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a reason that the padlock is there, but no, to my knowledge it can't be opened. Since the door is locked in the future and you have Impa open it at the beginning of the game, they probably just put the padlock there in the past to maintain the illusion, that this was the same area in the past before it was unlocked. For all we know the Sealed Temple was left alone that long anyway. This is likely the only thing they intended.

In the beginning of the game there is the same lock. Impa opens it. There was no key in the future so why in the past?
I'm pretty sure there was a padlock icon in the future, too, but you don't actually use a key to open it, because Impa does instead.

N

notnedflanders

I am with you guys, I'm pretty sure there is no feasible way to go through the door.

To be honest, I was hoping to get to do more in the past - I was hoping for more of a "Link to the Past"-type second world, but it's easy to nitpick. By the time I reached it, it's not like it was necessary, the game was plenty long enough IMO. Just saying, it would have broadened things considerably.

Some people considered the game "small," but I just don't see how that is possible. Yes, you do a lot of revisiting, but at the same time it was still a huge game and even parts of the Dungeons were huge.

I'm pretty sure there was a padlock icon in the future, too, but you don't actually use a key to open it, because Impa does instead.
Been replaying it on Hero Mode, and I just confirmed this. I'm certain the padlock icon is purely for the sake of the past being authentic... although all it seems to have done for most people is make things confusing. Lol.

To be honest, I was hoping to get to do more in the past - I was hoping for more of a "Link to the Past"-type second world, but it's easy to nitpick. By the time I reached it, it's not like it was necessary, the game was plenty long enough IMO. Just saying, it would have broadened things considerably.

Some people considered the game "small," but I just don't see how that is possible. Yes, you do a lot of revisiting, but at the same time it was still a huge game and even parts of the Dungeons were huge.
It would have been nice to check out the past, yeah. At least Faron Woods, perhaps decimated by the "Demon War" as discussed in the opening. Still, it makes sense why you couldn't visit it, in terms of game design, because yeah, the game is actually really huge without needing an additional world added on.

Byrne

Waterloo
"The door...... THE DOOR CONTROLS TIME AND SPACE! LOVE AND DEATH!!!!! THE DOOR CAN SEE INTO YOUR MIND!!! THE DOOR CAN SEE INTO YOUR SOUL!!!!!"
"R... really? the door can do all that?"
"nah."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom