• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Locations From Past Games That You Think Should Return in Zelda Wii

Kazumi

chagy
So, I'm sure we all have favourite locations from all of the other Zelda games. Places like Zora's Domain, Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Kakariko Village, ect. But which of these locations would you like to see return in Zelda Wii? And why?

I would love to see the return of Faron Woods. Or another forest similar to it. However, this time I would like it to be more open, unlike the strict paths in Twilight Princess. I think that forests are just beautiful, and so far Zelda has done an amazing job portraying them, but I think that Nintendo needs to step it up a bit. I want lush trees, with dense areas and clearings. With the sun filtering through the leaves, and lots of friendly (or hostile) animals wandering around. And you may as well through in a little forest village like Ordon as well.

One other place that I would really love to see return is Clock Town. Or something a lot like it. To me, Clock Town is the best Zelda city ever. And one of the best video game cities ever at that. It's intricate, and full of life. Everybody runs on a schedule, and it seems to me that everybody is unique. There are many different shops and mini-games, which is always important for video games cities. And I like how it was split up into different section, and how it was the focal point of Termina. I have a few requests for a city like this in Zelda Wii however. Make it bigger. This shouldn't be asking to much, as it is on the Wii. One other thing is to have a decent representation of all of the races of Hyrule. Have your Hylians, Gorons, Zoras, Deku and whatever else all present and interacting in the city. To me this brings great depth to the game.

So, which places would you like to see return? Don't forget to state why. And on a side note, this is my 400th post. Great.

Austin

Austin
Temple of Time. I was like, bouncing off the friggin' walls when I was playing through the dungeon version of it in TP. And remember, if the Temple of Time makes an appearance, it only makes sense if the Master Sword appears with it ;)

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
One of the things they need is to have a lot more towns. Hyrule needs to be really populated. Kakariko Village, Castle Town, maybe even a Hyrulean Clock Town. There just needs to be more life in the land (and not just monsters).

I would also like to see the return of some sort of coastal area. Great Bay comes to mind, or just something as simple as what was in the original LoZ. It hasn't been used a whole lot recently, and it'd be nice to see something like that come back.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'd like to see a forest as well, and I totally agree that it could be a little "deeper" than it was in TP. And of course smooth transitions between the areas, not sharply corridor-separated like it has been in OoT, MM and TP. I also want to have a swamp area again, maybe near the forest. And on the other end of the forest there has to be Death Mountain, because it's the only place which has been around since the very first days of LoZ. I can really imagine the forest getting thinner as altitude rises and eventually you'll be in a mountain area. I also agree with having a bay area again: Here I can imagine a water dungeon with several entrances: One on the mainland, other ones on islands near the coast, but you can only access those islands after getting the dungeon item (fx flippers)... well I'm getting off topic now ;)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
The new game should have an entirly original setting in my opinion, I don't really want to see anything that I have seen before, but if I had to choose It would be the Gerudo Pirates Hideout, and only the hideout. Yes it would be nice to be in Termina again but I would rather explore what else is in the world. Anyways if the pirates do turn up again that would be killer!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
As strange as it seems to me, I really want to see Old and New Kasuto. Like, you think you're going to a nice town where you can relax, but you discover that it's distroyed and haunted. And in order to find the new one, you have to trek through a forest to find the hidden village.
The last part seems kind of TP-ish, but I think it sounds amazing.

I love having old areas come back in later games. It really gets me thinking about what's happened since it's last appearance, and how the places have changed. I was like a kid in a candy shop when I got to the Temple of Time in TP.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
Great Bay, but maybe it could have a lusher, more beautiful look to it. Rather than greenish water filled with ugly blobs of spam (my view of the likelikes)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
*ahem* I have a one major place that I would love to return to.

The Dark World​

This is something I've wanted to have return ever since I played ALttP. It was an incredible overworld with places you could only access by warping in and out from the Light World. It was intricate, fun, and had quite a good idea behind it.

Z

zeldim

I totally agree with Master Kokiri, the Dark World was a very good system and it gave a good twist to puzzles. TP kinda did this with the twilight and stuff, but it really wasn't as good as the Dark World system. You couldn't travel between them as you could in ALttP.
Bring back the Dark World!

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
the desert areas- aribiter's grounds, gerudo desert, mabey the great bay, dark world, and several towns with a good amount of population to them

M

Molgera

A deep forest would be nice indeed. Most preferably something like Sacred Grove. I love the hypnotizing music - my favourite Zelda tune - and to just walk around in it is pure awesomeness. I love how it's built up and this whole mysterious feeling to it. I wish there was a place like this in the real world. Well, there probably is something similiar, but as far as good as Sacred Grove. If I could have the chance to create it in real life, I definately would. It would be my place to chill out and be all by myself, maybe take a soothing bath in the little "lake" which is in it while playing the tune in the background... I get chills down my back just thinking about it. :(

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Well obviously the Lost woods, Temple of Time , Lake Hylia and Death Mountain should come back so that we all have geographical evidence to our time-line arguments when the buzz of playing a full-blown console zelda game wears off and we all start fighting over its timeline placement. :P

But in all seriousness one location I would enjoy visiting would be the Gerudo's Fortress. Well not the Gerodo's Fortess per-se but a place that matches its concept that it had in OoT. What I mean is that I really hope that they include a town or fortress or whatnot that focuses on stealth and forces us (And in turn, Link) to start approaching situations differently and using our tools in new ways we havnt thought of before.Basically a place that focuses on stealth like in previous zelda games only ....more stealthy and fun. Eh, wishful thinking.

Oh and while we are at it they should definitely bring back Lake Hylia. I dont know but theres just something about that body of water that just brings me back. And the return of those two Great Bridges of (Name that I cannot remember) would be great too. I always felt rather 3pic riding across those things on top of epona.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
One that hasn't been mentioned:

TP's City in the Sky... just for the sheer WTFooseballs?! factor. I find the general idea of cities in the sky romantic and strange, and I'd love to learn more about the Oocca. I mean, they're a part of the Hylian creation myth now - this means I want to learn more about them.

octorok74

TETTAC
I would like to see Zora's Domain come back. I think it should be bigger and have an even bigger waterfall then it did in TP. I also think that it should include waterways to nearly every place on the map.

I also think Death Mountain should also return. I really don't care if the Gorons are there or not, I just really want a tall volcanic mountain riseing up in the backround. If there were lava flows flowing down the mountain the whole time, then that would look amazing.

I agree with the people who what a forest to come back. It needs to be expansive and it needs to house a lot of wildlife. Nice calm animals during the day and ferocious animals come out during the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom