• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Loathesome Silver Rupess... (MQ Question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
This is a question for Ocarina of Time Master Quest - not the regular OoT, MQ has everything placed different/puzzles are rearranged for difficulty.

I'm in Ganon's Castle, dispelling the Sage barriers. The only ones I need to complete now are the Fire and Light areas. I can't seem to complete Light without completeing Fire, and Fire is giving me a headache.

I've always hated those "collect the silver rupees to open a door" puzzles. And do I ever hate this one. The room has many platforms, some of which sink into the lava when you step on them, some of which rocket upward, up and down. There are stable platforms with large blocks that can be lifted and thrown with the golden gauntlets. There is a vast span of lava between the door to move on and available platforms.

Now, there are two silver rupees that I cannot get (needed to unlock the door to move on). One of them is right above one of the rocket platforms. I stand Link on it and his head goes right through the friggin' rupee! No matter what I do, I cannot collect that rupee! I've tried everything, including trying to catch it in a bottle, believe it not. I've used the Lens of Truth to look for secret hookshot spots and found none. Also, there's another rupee that's right where Link throws one of the big stones to after lifting with the golden gauntlets, but it's nothing that's got any kind of handhold or foothold to grab onto.

In short, there's no way to open the door and no way to even get over to it, because I can't collect the last rupees and I can't find any kind of switch to push or anything to create anything to get to it.

What's really frustrating me is that damned one that Link's head keeps going through, the one that, by all rights, he should be *able* to collect on that rocket platform.

Help?

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
This was the hardest part of the game for me.
For the rupee that was too high above you head, what you have to do is be standing right on the corner of the block when it shoots up, and (carefully) backflip. You should get it. but make sure your close to the corner when you start, or else you will fall of the other end.

As for the on on top of the block that Link throws:
First off: make sure its the last rupee you get, its dangerous and as im sure you know that if you fall into the lava without getting them all, you will have to start over.
There should be a bunch of those square blocks next to it, and one of them will shake like its going to sink when you're on it, but it will actually shoot up.
Now, when its at the top, and it starts to fall, (have the hoverboots on) run off of it. You should land on top and get it.

And if thats the last one you got, even if you fall into the lava right after, the door will still remain open.

Very, very hard room to complete, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom