• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lizafos Tails?

Um guys do you know what the Lizafos tails are for? Because I don't think they're any part of any upgrades. Do they have a use or are they just useless?

Rachel

be vigitant
Lizard Tails, as they are correctly called, are for upgrading or selling for 20 Rupees each to Rupin in his house at night. You need only 7 of them for upgrades in the game (medium bomb bag requires 1, large bomb bag requires 3, and the sacred bow requires 3).

If you need to farm some Lizard Tails, I would personally suggest doing so in the Pirate Stronghold. You can shoot down both Lizalfos from the top of the stairs, run down and grab the treasure dropped, then run back up through the door. Rinse and repeat. Be sure to bring a Treasure Medal along if you want it to go faster.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i was quite disappointed with the way the upgrade system turned out, too many things had very little use not enough stuff to upgrade. you upgrade stuff for the sake of upgrading it

I'm pretty sure ther is SOMTHING u can upgrade with it, if you can't find anthing to upgrade with it i suggest you sell them to that one guy at his night shop

i was quite disappointed with the way the upgrade system turned out, too many things had very little use not enough stuff to upgrade. you upgrade stuff for the sake of upgrading it

I agree fully. I just did the upgrades for 100% completion type of thing.

Those who stood by the upgrade system were more than likely pleased. It might have been especially pleasing to collect all of the collectibles, the Lizard Tails in particular. For them, the upgrade items/equipment proved more than useful, especially the variety of shields. If done right and at a gradual pace, it also served by giving Skyward Sword the appeal of an RPG, which many fans liked, including myself.

The upgrade system seemed to be optional for the most part; those who were less dedicated to it, or rather, the collectibles, might have viewed it as such. It should not have been perceived as one of the game's shortcomings or a flaw, but instead, it should have been perceived as something you simply cared less about. If you didn't want to upgrade anything, you could have opted out. If you mistakenly picked something up, then, you made use of it or sold it; it shouldn't be difficult or frustrating at the slightest.

Anyway, yeah, the Lizard Tails can seem a bit useless when one considers the few upgradable items for which they are needed. However, when one considers the value and usefulness of said items, collecting the Lizard Tails are not so useless and more than worth finding and collecting. The aforesaid upgradable items include the Medium/Large Bomb Bags, and the powerful and effective Sacred Bow. Although, what is considered "valuable and useful" in this case are entirely subjective.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
The upgrade system was good, but it has so much room for growth. Skyward Sword was barely even the tip of the iceberg for the potential that the Zelda gamestyle can utilise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom