• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Livestream Day 2 - featuring Guardian battle, Daruk and more

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Today, on Game Live Japan, we got a bunch of new gameplay from Age of Calamity.

We saw footage of Daruk fighting, something that wasn't shown yesterday. We also saw more of how Runes are used, more Impa fighting, amongst other gameplay features.

What did you think of what we saw today? Has it heightened or dampened your hype? Was there anything specific that caught your interest?

Because it's a Warriors game, what we saw today was more of the same.

The most interesting thing for me was the level map. It was the polar opposite of the wide open space that was saw in the first stream (and is more of what I expect the majority of maps to be like).

What I did like about the map is that it had some verticality to it. Hyrule Warriors had some staircases that went up a bit but nothing on the level of what we saw in today's stream.

Though this verticality probably isn't going to mean much as far as battle strategies go. Still nice though.

Otherwise, it was nice to see some Daruk gameplay but I wasn't excited to play as him to begin with and he seemed to play exactly as I expected anyway.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
The new maps look really good. I agree that the sense of vertical movement is a nice change of pace as well.

Daruk's moveset is fine, but I prefer the characters with faster movesets, like PayaImpa and spear-wielding Link.

Actually, Link with a spear mostly fixes the issue I had with his combat being sluggish. Although his standard run speed is still way too slow. The sprint helps, but the normal movement Link has looks like a slow jog instead of actually running.

Hype's about the same for me, tbh.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
These streams were really interesting because now we see that we can use magic rods as item attacks and food to heal ourselves, which is really cool. They also have durability, which means we need to think about how we use them. I like that. We can probably replenish then by finding more in the battle or buying/crafting more outside of battle.

Another thing to note about this is the fact that everyone uses the runes differently. That’s really cool! Also perfect guard is a thing which is also cool. I noticed Link swinging his shield in yesterday’s stream but I still wasn’t sure, so it’s cool to see it in action.

Daruk’s gameplay already looks better than Darunia’s in HW, which I did not like. I dunno if I’m gonna use him a lot though since “slow moving but heavy hitter” still isn’t really my style. He still looks good, though.

Like others have said I like the map verticality and I think that’s really gonna shine at Akkala Citadel. I also like how keeps aren’t all perfect squares anymore. The maps all look stunning.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Here's a video of the streams with English subtitles. That helps make a lot of things clearer for people like myself who don't speak Japanese. Thanks to that, we have clear confirmation on:
  • terrain affects the items and abilities you can use
  • items have durability but can be refreshed by finding more on the map
  • you can carry apples with you to heal and find more on the map
  • materials are used for upgrading characters which means badges are back
  • costumes are decided by the story but you can change them later on so it's all but certain we're gonna see alt color costumes and stuff in free play and so on
Really cool stuff. I love how many different ways there are to interact with battle, and just like with BotW you have the freedom to choose how you approach enemies. That makes me very happy and excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom