• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Live Music or Live Comedy?

Live music or live comedy

• Music

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comedy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A simple thread of which do you enjoy more; Live comedy or live music?

They are both social conventions and bring people together over a common medium of entertainment but have very different effects and are very different set ups.

For me i enjoy live comedy over music, there is a good chance for interaction and personal memories, it feels comfortable and a lot more intimate.

How about you guys though, live comedy or live music?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
For me this is easy!

Even though I love a bit of comedy especially Stand Up....But for me music is a big part of my life and I love going to see music live! I love festivals and am planning to go to more concerts this year, hopefully Frank Ocean will come to England soon :) Plus this was the best experience of my life Don't You Worry Child (Live) - YouTube

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Comedy, easily. When a comedian messes up it's funny, when your band messes up you get mad, especially if they suck live; The Killers for example.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Never see live music. Ever. Comedy... I haven't seen live either, but you can be sure I'd like to. I love to laugh, whereas I'd only half enjoy seeing a concert.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I prefer live comedy. Like Ikana said, if a comedian messes up, we can all laugh, and that's what we are there to do. If a band messes up... we might laugh, and it might still be good depending on the musicians, but for the most part, it'll just make everyone pissed off.

The only live music I like, is musicals and stuff, or small concert bands. A rock concert is just not my cup of tea. I'm very quiet and modest, and the volume and chaos of the event is too much for me. I'll either zone out and focus only on the music and not pay attention to what's happening around me (which can be rather dangerous), or I'll get irritated, not listen to the music at all, and only wish I could be away from the crowd.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've never been to either but I've seen footage of both. From that, I can say I'd prefer to see comedy live rather than music. I'd prefer to listen to music where I'm not surrounded by tons of people who are all screaming their heads off. The only kind of noise during a comedy show, however, is laughter. And in a comedy show, everyone is seated, not standing up and all squished together. I'd be much more comfortable at a comedy show than a music concert.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Tough call as I love both. As I don't get to see as much live comedy, I'll go with that.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I've seen a couple stand up comics, but when I see live music, the audience can get into the act. I've met really cool people at concerts before and each one I've stayed in contact with for the most part. Live music gives everyone a chance to get pumped up, move around, and have fun. Or chill out if you listen to less energetic stuff than me :P

I would have to say live comedy over live music. The reason is that with live comedy the person(comedian) can move from one subject to another and back without confusing the crap out of people. As for live music, there are bands/artists that would "slightly" alter a song(by adding a "Whoo!" or "Oh yeah!"), Plus a lot of christian bands also and a sermon during their concerts.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I have very little interest in live music. I'm simply not a music nerd, so I find concerts mostly to be noisy (both the crowd and the incredibly loud speakers they put up) and if I want to listen to music I'd much rather listen to it over the speakers at home where I can hear the song instead of a huge crowd singing along or cheering or whatever.

Live comedy, however, I love. Great atmosphere, first time you get to hear said material, so you end up laughing more. Whether it's a comedian I know and appreciate or it's someone I haven't heard before doesn't matter as much (though I would love to see people like Michael McIntyre, Russel Howard, Adam Hills, Danny Bhoy, Jeff Dunham, Sarah Millican and Wanda Sykes live at some point - I have seen John Cleese live and he was absolutely hilarious).

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I prefer live comedy to live music, but I honestly dislike both. I feel that live music sounds worse than if it were previously recorded. Live comedy really depends on the person and the quality of the jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom