• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Little Things About the Videos

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Hi! :) I just wanted to take the time and point out some of the other little details that haven't already been discussed about. Stuff like the whale-that-swallowed Zelda boss, the upgrading system -- we already know about those, right? So I caught a few things from the trailers that you might want to discuss about!

Let's start! ^^

Zeldaaaa-1.jpg
That thing behind Zelda reminds you an awful lot about this, right?

lozSSboxart.jpg
Look--they match up perfectly! :D (Except the boxart has Hylian letters...)

Then, the water-filled area we saw. First, I noticed that there were vines underneath the water. I don't know about you, but putting vines underwater won't do any good. That made me think -- what if that area was dry before and then got flooded?

Vines.jpg
I took another look, and then I noticed a small opening in whatever that thing was in the left side of the image, right above Link's hearts:

TReeeeeeee.jpg
And it immediately made me think of this:

zelda_skyward_sword8.jpg
Also notice those wooden "steps" on that tree; it matches the one in the flooded area! So I'm guessing that the are with water we saw wasn't actually filled with water since the beginning.

Anyway, I noticed a little meter thing similar to the meter you get when you're flying in the sky. This meter shows what appears to be a castle at the top (Ghirahim's?), which would be in the place where the sun is for the flying meter. This is seen in the scene with the whale-thing that swallowed Zelda.

Castle.jpg
Also, I saw that Link only has 6 hearts at this point -- the same amount of hearts he has for the clips of the Sky Temple we've seen (besides the E3 2011 demo, of course).

Next, pointless little things. Penguin guy!

Penguin.jpg
Penguinagain.jpg
Fortune teller! (You can see the tiny crystal ball.)

Teller.png
More later! :D

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Yeah, I noticed that it was the forest, only flooded.

There is so much stuff in these videos, it makes you want more! We'll have the best game ever with Skyward Sword, I bet you anything!

I don't know about you guys, but I think this game will have some serious nightmare fuel when it comes to monsters, and I like it. :yes:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Okay, just realized something when I saw that that image in the first spoiler tag. That giant gear/tablet/whatever the heck it is, if it's important enough to get a spot on the box art, there has GOT to be some significance to it. That reminded me of the musical easter egg on the design, which in turn reminded me of Zelda's Lyre, which eventually becomes Link's. That in turn made me go dig up this old quote from Aonuma:

"Yes, the harp is sort of the central instrument hat you’ll see this time. [...] This time around, the harp comes into Link’s hands during the course of the game and is used to help the player find something important."

Which then reminded me of those giant tablets in WW's Earth and Wind Temples that were activated by playing the song (yes, very long train of thought). This is adding in with a final note that the scene shown there can't be that early in the game, simply judging by Zelda's outfit, and it's likely some important story point.

SO, with all this in mind, I'm thinking there is something unlocked by that big stone whatchamacallit if Link plays the inscribed song with the Lyre.

/ramble

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
^ That was a really nice train of thought. XD And actually, that makes a lot of sense, too! If he played the musical notes on the gear thingie with the Lyre, something's bound to happen, like in the case of The Wind Waker.

Last edited:
T

TriforceReviews

i like that beddle is in this game too kind of surprise cameo :)

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Little things that I noticed:

1. If you notice when Link gets the jelly or the horn things, the sound that plays is exactly the same as the one in TP.
2. When Link lands in Skyloft there is a guy dressed in red, not so differently from Link
3. Keeses come arranged in angles, meaning you can kill many in one slash, maybe the price for that is the horn thingy
4. Read below and Xinn and ZH combo'd me
5. You pick an option by moving the control that way

Thats it, nothing really astonishing

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
4. Upgrading is free, Link didnt give any rupee to the guy

Take a look below. The shield upgrade shown cost 30 rupees. It said so on the confirmation message and it also showed Link's rupee count go from 300 to 270 (images in spoiler tag cus I don't like lagging people's load times):
5B68
and
5B6c

Taking that second screenshot also made me notice the foliage inside the shop. Skyloft is very leafy, even INSIDE the Bazaar. Cool.

Last edited:

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Take a look below. The shield upgrade shown cost 30 rupees. It said so on the confirmation message and it also showed Link's rupee count go from 300 to 270 (images in spoiler tag cus I don't like lagging people's load times):
5B68
and
5B6c

Oh well oops.
In my defence the cost is really hidden, so it may be hard to see. And 30 rupees is pretty steep. The guy steals from you. He takes your materials and your money.
;3

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Good eye with the Fortune Teller there! If you put your eyes closer to the screen you can barely see a mustache on him.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I posted this here, but I'll post it here too:

[NOTE: CONTAINS SPOILERS!]
This is everything I've seen/collected out of all the new shtuff we've gotten today.

41newlady.png
To start us off, we have a new character. We don't know that much about her, but we DO know that she looks very much like a Sheikah. She has a tear painted under her left eye, and a red emblem/insignia painted on her forehead. In the picture I have it's hard to see, so I don't know EXACTLY what the emblem on her head looks like.

64beedle.png
13treehouseinskyloft.png
Beedle has returned! In the Gameplay Video you can hear the familiar "OH!" after you enter a floating house on Skyloft via a rope.

56boat.png
There is a boat in one of the videos, I forget which one though. :xd: What amazes me is how advanced the technology is this time around, considering this is the oldest game timeline-wise.

84anotherpenguin.png
60possiblythepenguin.png
I have drawn my own conclusions with these pictures. We know that in one of the earlier trailers, we saw a "penguin" of sorts (JuicieJ has it set to his Avatar if you don't know what I'm talking about). And with these two new "penguins" showing up, I think there's a whole race of "penguins" That dwell in the forest. Now, this is speculation, I'm only guessing, but it seems probable.

76clawshotindesert.png
14linkdiggingwiththecla.png
There are some "new" items popping up in these videos. The most notable are the Clawshots (unofficial name) and the Mole Mitts (unofficial name). There are others as well, like the "vacuum", the Butterfly Net (more on that in a sec), and the new upgrade-able shields, but the "Clawshots" and the "Mole Mitts" really caught my eye as to how they're used. For example, Link uses Phi's Treasure Seeking ability to locate a digging spot, and then uses the "Mole Mitts" to dig. I can't wait to see more of these items.
View attachment 17459
Phi's Treasure Seeking ability.
34ecboh.jpg

Link and a Vacuum-type object.

77butterflycollecting.png
As stated above, there's a Butterfly Net that you can use. I have speculated that maybe you collect the butterflies in the same manner you collect the Golden Bugs in Twilight Princess. I don't know, just something to think about.

62aircombatpossiblywind.png
Looks to me that not all is calm in Skyloft. Looks like there'll be some Air Combat with Link's LoftBird. In the image provided, you see what looks like a flying fish-looking creature (Wind Fish anyone? No? Okay then... -.-). What's cool is how the combat works. It's all in the open, you're not enclosed and there is no boundaries, you can fly around your enemy in any way, and this opens up alot of new ways to strategize, look for weak points, etc.

13newswitchlookslikeacr.png
At first glance, this just looks like a Desert/Sand Temple. But, look where Link is standing. There's this new type of switch in front of him. Now I'm not sure if this switch is located in just this Temple/Dungeon, but it looks really cool; it resembles a chunk of diamond. We have seen many switches through-out the videos, most noted the one that's diamond-shaped and colors that one room in the Gear/Mechanic Temple/Dungeon.

51minecarts.png
71desertwithlinkhanging.png
These next pictures are some pictures of the Desert section of Hyrule (presumably). Now, we knew od the Desert section before, but now we're really seeing exactly what's in store. So, first off, we have some mine carts/rails scaling some sort of building. Then, we have Link riding on some sort of mechanism, scaling up some rocks.

39zeldainagown.png
47linkzelda.png
There's a thread on this already, but in a few scenes, we see Zelda in some sort of white gown and in the scene where Link and Zelda are on their date (at least, I assume it's their date, I don't know for sure...), Link takes Zelda's hand and kneels before her. Some people have said that it's just a kind gesture, but I'm on the "I thik they get married" band-wagon. But, I'm saying that these two pictures are connected in some way. Like, Zelda's wearing the gown because she' marrying Link, or something like that. Again, this is all speculation, I don't know for sure. I can't wait to find out though!

93royalfamileycrestnotr.png
We've seen this before in the Ghirahim Boss battle footage, but now we see it up close. It's the "Royal Crest", except the Triforce on top is missing. This is maybe because the Triforce either doesn't exist yet or they aren't aware of the Triforce yet. Also, holding your sword to the sky to charge it and then hitting the "crests" with the beam causes them to fly to Skyloft, and they'll unlock new minigames and islands. Maybe this is what Aonuma meant when he said "the Triforce sort of takes on a different meaning and plays a different role in the story." I can't be sure though.

That's about it. Keep on scrolling down for some miscellaneous pictures that didn't fit anywhere, and I'll see you guys later!
~Zeldahuman

View attachment 17460
Entering the Forest Area beneath the clouds.
View attachment 17461
Random picture of Link hanging off the side of a ledge in Skyloft.
View attachment 17462
Link chasing after the new character.
View attachment 17463
Link on a Sailboat.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Oh, right: For people who were complaining about how funky the Bazaar music sounded, if you listen to the entire clip where Link enters it, the music we were hearing was the Scrap Shop portion of the Bazaar, not the whole thing. It looks like the Bazaar's music changes depending on what shop you're in! :)

Good eye with the Fortune Teller there! If you put your eyes closer to the screen you can barely see a mustache on him.

After reading this and looking closely, I did find a mustache... And I also saw that the guy WAY BACK behind everyone seems to have a Bomb Shop! (I just see something round and blue. That's my best guess. XP)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom