• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

List of Theories on the Figure from the Trailer

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I thought i'd make one single thread about him and all the theories surrounding him so we can keep them all in one place and discuss them.
Theories:
-He is the personification of the Gilded Sword
-He is Vaati
-He is Majora in human form
-He is a Dark Interloper
-He is a Shiekah
-He is one of three other villians who all have a playing cards theme
-He is a she
-He is none of these and will be something we don't expect
Contribute your thoughts on these various theories, whether it be debunking them or strengthening them, also feel free to add in your own theories.

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
you can't deny he looks a a heck of a lot like vaati.o.o
I can.
vaati.jpg

The only thing they have in common is that they have elven ears(common among Zelda characters) and pale skin.

-This new character's hair is snow white, whereas Vaati's has a faint purple tint.
-They have different hair styles.
-The new character has dark eyes with what looks like purple eyeliner, and Vaati has red eyes.
-They dress completely differently.

And not to be offensive or anything, but I don't think this needed its own thread. There are already topics dedicated to speculation on the trailer, as well as the new character.
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?17057-Analyzing-the-GDC-11-Trailer
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?17075-List-of-Theories-on-the-Figure-from-the-Trailer

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
i think he/she is a new villian we've never seen before and without an officially anounced name. :clap: and i like it!

jack546

The chosen one
The Pale Man

he kind of looks like a zora. maybe he is the first zora.

Last edited:

Megamannt125

Blue Link

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Alright, time to chime in my two cents on this topic.

Theories:
-He is the personification of the Gilded Sword
-He is Vaati
-He is Majora in human form
-He is a Dark Interloper
-He is a Shiekah
-He is one of three other villians who all have a playing cards theme
-He is a she
-He is none of these and will be something we don't expect

Guilded Sword: The resemblance is uncanny, I agree. However I don't think he's the GS. For one, the GS does not exist yet. Secondly, it's nothing more than a power-up of the kokiri sword. Plus he looks completely different than link's Sword-fairy. You'd think another sword-fairy would be somewhat similar.

Vaati: No. Vaati was a Minish. He was given a full backstory in MC. THere is no way this could be Vaati.

Majora: I've actually not seen anyone suggest this, but it's an interesting idea. Nothing says that this guy's Majora, but then again, nothing says he can't be.

Dark Interloper: From what I've seen, this seems the most likely. We no almost nothing about this race, so Nintendo is free to do what they want with them.

Shiekah: Maybe, but I don't think so. He doesn't seem to be fit. Possible, though.

Playing cards: I thought that was funny. But seriously, I thought about this too. He seems to have a distinct Diamond motif. That would actually be pretty cool... plus it wouldn't stop him from being anything else.

She: Ugh... I don't know if this new character is male or female, but male pronouns are pretty default.

None of these: Yes, surprise us, Nintendo! Make him something completely original, just so long as you don't mess up the storyline even further.

David

But you called me here...
I was aware, but that topic is meant to be in general about the GDC trailer, but no ones talking about the trailer really other than the figure, so having a thread devoted to the figure would be ideal.
Yeah, sorry about that. There were just a bunch of threads that opened up right after the trailer was released, so I was trying to keep things nice and condensed. But luckily, our great Moderator Locke, merged all of the threads. I don't think I even posted in your thread.

Anyway... My initial feelings toward this guy are that he's some form of the guilded sword. Now, I know what you're thinking, He can't be! The sword wasn't created until Majora's Mask!!!

yes, I know. My thoughts are that the Guilded Sword was based on some sword that existed before Majora's Mask. We don't know the back story of the two forgers in the snow head in Majora's Mask, so there is a ton of room for speculation. Plus, there's always the chance that they accidentally gave Link the wrong sword...

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
I think that he is either vaati or a spirit of the gilded sword. i think he's vaati because of same hairstyle and tatoo under the eye. I also believe he could be a spirit of the gilded sword mainly because Zordiana(not a confirmed name) is basically confirmed to be the spirit of the master sword, so it could go hand in hand with that

O

Owl

Vaati: No. Vaati was a Minish. He was given a full backstory in MC. THere is no way this could be Vaati.
Given that there is some speculation that the Minish Cap occurred before OOT, this could be one of his later exploits, after he became a sorcerer.

On another note, I have though of an interesting and unlikely possible connection between the Sword people and Playing cards theories.
Zordiana-Box-Large.jpg Here is a picture of the sword girl's head.
spades.jpg Here is a picture of the Spades symbol of playing cards.
Crazy? Yes. Well founded in extensive research? No. Going to happen? I hope so. Now to find proof that Vaati is a dark tribe sheikah....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom