• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Uncle

R

rinku12

in alttp when your uncle dies he say zelda is your...... wat do you think he was going to say me and my friends debated that there bro and sis hence him being part of zeldas family without knowing it like in ocarina of time

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
because of all the speculation about that, when they remade ALTTP for the GBA they had him say that "she is your destiny" or something along those lines. im not sure if that was in the remake but i remember seeing it somewhere. maybe in the japanese version.

another thing to point out, they were not at all related in OoT so im not sure where you got that idea. they are not related in any Zelda game (unless you want to count in AoL cus i assume they would get married).

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
in alttp when your uncle dies he say zelda is your...... wat do you think he was going to say me and my friends debated that there bro and sis hence him being part of zeldas family without knowing it like in ocarina of time

I don't recall any part in OoT where you're told you are part of Zelda's family o_O. You're told you're a Hylian, but that's it, no relation to Zelda's family at all.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Yeah, the common conclusion to the sentence agreed my most fans was that his uncle would have said "destiny".

I don't think I need to debunk the OoT reference, its been debunked so many times now.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Like Mike said. He is obviously going to say destiny. What else would he have said? =O
And I don't know if he dies and when Link makes a wish to restore peace that he comes back to life or that he was injured. I always thought he died.
If he was just injured why wasn't he resting in Links bed or something?

As said before, there is no proof that they are siblings in OoT. I personally still think it is a possibility, but it is most certainly not fact.

As for the line in LttP, I find it likely that he was going to say Zelda is your destiny. I think it could have been something else (siblings,) but I do think that it was probably destiny.

Amelie said:
And I don't know if he dies and when Link makes a wish to restore peace that he comes back to life or that he was injured. I always thought he died.
If he was just injured why wasn't he resting in Links bed or something?
Interesting thought, Amelie. Maybe Link's wish was to revive his uncle...

Amelie

Air Dancer
Well. Maybe not just to do that but to bring peace back to Hyrule ^^ Maybe he wished for everything to go back to the way it was before the wizard took over. I always thought that because the King returns to.

Trentino

Modern Day Warrior
Well if you have the guide it will say that Nintendo really had anything for him to say, and that they just wanted it to be suspensful.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I have seen the guide and I cant say I remember seeing anything like that in there. Its common since that he was going to say destiny... to me.. anyway >>

The thread has pretty much be summed up, but I always wondered why they would kill Link's Uncle. If my memory serves me correctly that was the first member of Link's family that was ever saw, so why kill him off right at the beginning of the game, right after we get to know who he is?

Chris

It has been awhile...
I only played the GBA version and he never said anythng like that...If he said that I would have remembered it. Though, if the new GBA version wasn't made, I would have probably said she was his sister.

Also, I don't remember anyone saying that Link was a part of Zelda's family...Maybe I am just getting old and forgetting things; though I think it is you that is crazy, not me being old.

I only played the GBA version and he never said anythng like that...If he said that I would have remembered it. Though, if the new GBA version wasn't made, I would have probably said she was his sister.

Also, I don't remember anyone saying that Link was a part of Zelda's family...Maybe I am just getting old and forgetting things; though I think it is you that is crazy, not me being old.
It does say "Zelda is your..." but it never finishes, leaving to speculation what he was about to say. I know for a fact that it's there; I remember it clearly.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
The thread has pretty much be summed up, but I always wondered why they would kill Link's Uncle. If my memory serves me correctly that was the first member of Link's family that was ever saw, so why kill him off right at the beginning of the game, right after we get to know who he is?
I'm pretty sure he didn't die. When you beat the game you see Link and his Uncle, chillin' out and celebrating the death of Ganon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom