• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Links Royal Blood

according to skyward sword link started hyrule with zelda does that mean that the other links who are orphans excluding the 1 with grandparents and uncle are actually the true kings/princes of hyrule i know hes the chosen hero but couldn't he be both hero and king/prince?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It's never stated who exactly founded Hyrule Kingdom. Even if SS-Link was involved, Links are not necessarily related by blood. Even if they were related by blood, Hylian royalty seems to pass through daughters (Zeldas), not through sons. This is due to Hylia's power/the Light Force. So Link would only be a very distant heir. But I don't go that far. I'm not even convinced that SS-Link was the first King of Hyrule.

WW Link certainly isn't I know that much as he never really was the true hero.

It's not that he never was the true hero, it's that he wasn't chosen by the gods. WW Link very much became the true Hero of the Winds, its just the gods were never expecting him to do it. Which, IMO, makes him even cooler than the other destiny bound Links. :)

And I wouldn't say that ALL the Link's are blood-related, TheBlueReptile was right in stating that WW Link was certainly NOT blood-related. Some may be, but it certainly isn't my place to say (since I have no evidence and would have to research the matter) whether or not Link(s) are truly part of the royal family. If anything, Link should be an honorary member due to all the stuff he goes through, haha.

I'm not even convinced that SS-Link was the first King of Hyrule.
well who else could it be groose no you could tell in ss that zelda liked link more than a friend

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I've never really thought Link had any kind of blood connection to any member of the Hylian Royal Family and even though Skyward Sword leaves little reason to think Link wasn't the first King or whatever, it doesn't mean he was. After all, going to the wild lands of The Surface and founding a kingdom wouldn't just happen in a matter of months. It seems possible to me that Hyrule as a nation may have only been established after the death of Skyward Sword's Link and Zelda and that Zelda's descendants were the first Royals. After Link spent so much time saving the Kikwi's, helping the Mogmas and Parellas and assisting the Dragons, I find it hard to imagine he would then go and tell them all he's in charge now.

Yes, it does appear that Zelda and Link are in love in Skyward Sword but in order to found Hyrule, more of the citizens of Skyloft would have had to go to The Surface. If Gaepora went down, would he have become King? He certainly resembles the kings from the other games and is obviously part of Zelda's bloodline. What if Link had to go off on some other adventure and in his absence, Zelda fell in love with someone else?

I don't know, I'm just throwing stuff out there but, anyway, I don't think any of the Link's are related to the Royal Family by blood.

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
Zelda is just a commoner in ss.. He doesnt have much royal blood…

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Zelda is just a commoner in ss.. He doesnt have much royal blood…
That's because there's no royalty at all at that time. She does, however, have divine blood, being the reincarnation of Hylia. This is what gets passed down through the Zeldas, giving them special abilities such as prophecy. I believe this is the same power as the Light Force.

The heroes are not necessarily bound by blood as stated by Demise curse that he places at the end of the game (although aren't OOT and TP Link now confirmed to be blood related?) however some still use this as evidence to back up sibling theories. In games like OoT and aLttP some people believe Link and Zelda are brother and sister and so SS Link being the founder of the Hylian royal family would seem to back this up. Personally I think this would be a great inclusion but, as always, we simply cannot be certain if ALL Links are blood related and so therefore may or may not be part of the royal family. WW Link certainly isn't I know that much as he never really was the true hero.

oot and tp are blood related when was this confirmed i shade was oot link but how are he related :wave:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
oot and tp are blood related when was this confirmed i shade was oot link but how are he related :wave:

Well the Hero's Shade was confirmed as Ocarina of Time Link and he always mentions how the skills he is teaching Twilight Princess Link can only be learnt by the Hero's bloodline, which means Twilight Princess Link is a descendant of Ocarina of Time Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom