• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Parents

The Only game of which we know of Link's birth parents is Ocarina of Time. And she dies before the start of the game. All of his other family members are guardians, like grandparents and uncles.
So I ask where are his parents in other games?

In Skyward Sword, theres a graveyard. Throughout the whole game, no one ever talks about who is buried there. I personally believe Links Parent's are dead and buried here. Of course, I dont have any evidence. Just a belief of mine.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
His parents aren't elaborated on because Link is a connection to the player in most games. If we focused on his parents, that would lead some players to think the focus should be focused to Link, but Link is just the avatar we use in the game so as to leave his "identity" ambiguous. I do want his parents to appear ingame, beacuse they never do to my dismay. Perhaps Link's dad looks like him!

His parents aren't elaborated on because Link is a connection to the player in most games. If we focused on his parents, that would lead some players to think the focus should be focused to Link, but Link is just the avatar we use in the game so as to leave his "identity" ambiguous. I do want his parents to appear ingame, beacuse they never do to my dismay. Perhaps Link's dad looks like him!

Well I think his dad would, considering they're all decedents.

Fig

The Altruist
It would be fun to see Link's parents in upcoming games. It is mostly likely that Link's father would be situated to appear since, in a way, his father was a hero in the past making a reference to past heroes that saved the city/province/country/world.

i think links parents in twilight princess were oot link and malon

It would make sense that Link(TP)'s parents would be Link and Malon from Ocarina of Time. One major hint that this could be true is that Malon was a rancher, and yet Link from Twilight Princess is a rancher in his home town. It could be a possiblity that Link's father is the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time. Maybe........

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No, OoT Link and OoT Malon couldn't possibly be TP Link's parents unless they have an insane lifespan...and I don't think they do. We know that the Hero's Shade is the spirit of the Hero of Time (thanks HHistoria!), but that doesn't tell us anything about Link's parents. I don't think it's too farfetched to say OoT Link and OoT Malon could be TP Link's ancestors (which would be awesome and totally put ZeLink to shame), but I stand by the notion that they're impossible to be his parents.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would say Link only had a mother which was mentioned in Ocarina of Time and that she was knocked up by some random guy so Link doesn't have a father.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I could've sworn that it was said Link's parents were of the Knights of Hyrule, or at least his dad was. I know his mother died after some wounds.

MW7

The Only game of which we know of Link's birth parents is Ocarina of Time. And she dies before the start of the game. All of his other family members are guardians, like grandparents and uncles.
So I ask where are his parents in other games?

In Skyward Sword, theres a graveyard. Throughout the whole game, no one ever talks about who is buried there. I personally believe Links Parent's are dead and buried here. Of course, I dont have any evidence. Just a belief of mine.
I think that's a pretty safe assumption really and fairly likely.

I kind of think it's a little odd how Link is always an orphan. In the real world the continent with the highest proportion of orphans is Africa at 11.9% (according to Wikipedia). So if Hyrule was actually Africa, then the odds of Link being an orphan (ignoring the fact that some games have the same Link because that complicates things- so this number is lower than it should be) in 16 out of 16 games would be 0.119^16 which is about one in six hundred trillion (if I carried zeros correctly) or approximately zero. In other words I'm asking Nintendo to finally let us meet Link's parents.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Link (Hero of Time)'s father was a knight of hyrule that died during the Hyrulian Civil war. His mother was wounded and escaped to the forest where she entrusted the baby with the Deku Tree. I think the only time we would actually see Link's parents might be a game that explained these parents, because they are the only parents that we actually know what happened to them.

What I find extremely weird is the absence of link's parents in the Wind Waker. In most other Zelda games their deaths could probably be guessed upon due to the hectic circumstances surrounding other games, but in WW they live on a small peaceful island. My only explanation for their deaths would be illnesses

Link (Hero of Time)'s father was a knight of hyrule that died during the Hyrulian Civil war. His mother was wounded and escaped to the forest where she entrusted the baby with the Deku Tree. I think the only time we would actually see Link's parents might be a game that explained these parents, because they are the only parents that we actually know what happened to them.

What I find extremely weird is the absence of link's parents in the Wind Waker. In most other Zelda games their deaths could probably be guessed upon due to the hectic circumstances surrounding other games, but in WW they live on a small peaceful island. My only explanation for their deaths would be illnesses

Or maybe they lived on a different island and then died so Link and Ayrll moved in with thier Grandmother or maybe lived beyond the great sea.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Or maybe they lived on a different island and then died so Link and Ayrll moved in with thier Grandmother or maybe lived beyond the great sea.

very true didnt think of that. still though the only possible deaths i could think of dont involve any battles or anything like that

To be honest, I prefer it the way it is, but I feel sorry for Link, but he didn't seems to care anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom