• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Pants NEW Theory

LOL yeah some Links like tights and some Links like baggy pants :P

off-topic: why the hell does link have an electric blue earing? o.0

Kaiser Kami

Warrior of Kaiser
The Zelda fanbase I respect but if they turn into the Sonic fanbase complaining about a homing attack and his eyes being green...what next Mario's moustache is not stachey enough!? who cares if he wears pants!? you should not be even looking down there you should be looking at the surroundings and not his a** for realz!

squirrelguys

Hero of Slimes
I think Link needs a change in wardrode anyway. He has looked the same forever. Atleast just change his color like in Link's Awakening. BUT people shouldn't freak out about things like that. Because games are about the games themselves not what or what not the main character is wearing.

When you take a look at what Link has to go through, I can see reason in why they're giving him pants, or at least something that looks like pants.

Hailing back to the old games, you see the classic, iconic, green tunic, an amazing choice of style unlike any character design of the time. Drawing up images regarding the Heroes of Old, Link himself sees reason in donning the clothes worn by his ancestors. This canonical reason is given in pretty much every single LoZ game to date. It helps connect you with the games across the series, as well as being an easy eye opener for people who are playing the game for the first time.

Now, I can see where people might have a difficult time accepting change regarding Link's attire, but let me ask you a question. Do you really want your hero to be clad in super sexy get ups that offer him absolutely no protection against the danger he faces?

Point being why I think they're shying away from the idea of "tights", and looking for a more logical decision for his leggings. He's a tough guy, he's jumping, falling, dashing, dodging, and pretty much ripping things apart within the first hour of his adventure. He needs to have something that will protect him against the elements, be it monsters, weather, or grass stains.

Character design for an iconic figure like Link is difficult. Nintendo and it's developers have to do it justice, but they still want the admiration from us, the fans. Taking a look at the current concept art, I agree, it does look a bit incomplete, or maybe it's simple for a reason. Like I stated before, it has it's usefulness as well as its purpose. An amazing topic of discussion, I think we'll be able to look forward to what kind of choices Link will make regarding his pants for the future games, Lmao. I'm just not expecting him to run around for an entire game in a suit of armor, because that would be silly.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
It's just a character design. There doesn't have to be a story behind his pants. They just wanted to make him look unique and different from the others.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Link's awesome no matter what he wears. I personally like the pants. They look like they'd give him more range of motion. Oh Link.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
The Legend of Link's Pants :)

I'd like to see your comments on Link's pants in Skyward Sword. Why did the designers decide to make Link's pants baggy instead of including the trademark tights? :P Maybe it's the style of Skyloft? :)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I like the baggy pants. Agreed, it does look more manly as opposed to tights. *snorts* tights.

When you take a look at what Link has to go through, I can see reason in why they're giving him pants, or at least something that looks like pants.

Hailing back to the old games, you see the classic, iconic, green tunic, an amazing choice of style unlike any character design of the time. Drawing up images regarding the Heroes of Old, Link himself sees reason in donning the clothes worn by his ancestors. This canonical reason is given in pretty much every single LoZ game to date. It helps connect you with the games across the series, as well as being an easy eye opener for people who are playing the game for the first time.

Now, I can see where people might have a difficult time accepting change regarding Link's attire, but let me ask you a question. Do you really want your hero to be clad in super sexy get ups that offer him absolutely no protection against the danger he faces?

Point being why I think they're shying away from the idea of "tights", and looking for a more logical decision for his leggings. He's a tough guy, he's jumping, falling, dashing, dodging, and pretty much ripping things apart within the first hour of his adventure. He needs to have something that will protect him against the elements, be it monsters, weather, or grass stains.

Character design for an iconic figure like Link is difficult. Nintendo and it's developers have to do it justice, but they still want the admiration from us, the fans. Taking a look at the current concept art, I agree, it does look a bit incomplete, or maybe it's simple for a reason. Like I stated before, it has it's usefulness as well as its purpose. An amazing topic of discussion, I think we'll be able to look forward to what kind of choices Link will make regarding his pants for the future games, Lmao. I'm just not expecting him to run around for an entire game in a suit of armor, because that would be silly.

Lmao, guess I'll just quote myself from the previous thread and have it take off from there. :D

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I've heard that Link's pants are actually sky diving pants. I kinda agree with that. It does look like sky diving pants.

Besides, Link's new pants make him look pretty cool in a way, anyone agree?

I've heard that Link's pants are actually sky diving pants. I kinda agree with that. It does look like sky diving pants.

Besides, Link's new pants make him look kinda bad*** in a way...... anyone agree lol?

Now there's an interesting theory..Skydiving pants. Could very well explain it, since Skyloft is, in the sky. @_@ And there's a scene in the game where he jumps off, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom