• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's New Companion

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
I kinda want his new companion to be Zelda. I wish she would get turned into a falcon in the new game, but Link doesn't know it. She would definitely need a different name too, to keep people from knowing that it was her.

Personally, I've always liked the idea of Link's companion being a fairy. It's a very practical buddy to have and (Celia aside) the previous franchise companions of that nature were excellent. Both Navi and Tatl were informative albeit sometimes irksome (no, not annoying ;). The physical nature of the companion aside, I'd like to see Link's next helper be as informative as Midna. Also, never before has a helper bridged the gap so well between simply assisting and being a major part of the story. One last characteristic the companion must have: Enemy analysis. I like to know what fearsome foe I'm going up against with a few ambiguous hints on how to defeat them.

Personally, I've always liked the idea of Link's companion being a fairy. It's a very practical buddy to have and (Celia aside) the previous franchise companions of that nature were excellent. Both Navi and Tatl were informative albeit sometimes irksome (no, not annoying ;). The physical nature of the companion aside, I'd like to see Link's next helper be as informative as Midna. Also, never before has a helper bridged the gap so well between simply assisting and being a major part of the story. One last characteristic the companion must have: Enemy analysis. I like to know what fearsome foe I'm going up against with a few ambiguous hints on how to defeat them.

YES.

Enemy analysis is great, I hated not having it on WW and TP. I am so glad SS brought it back. It was best on the N64 games though, Z-target and one button-press and the info was all there. of course Tatl wasn't as helpful as Navi in that arena ;)

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I kinda want his new companion to be Zelda. I wish she would get turned into a falcon in the new game, but Link doesn't know it. She would definitely need a different name too, to keep people from knowing that it was her.
YES. Hawks/eagles/falcons are awesome. If Rauru can turn into an owl(Kaepora Gaebora), Zelda turning into a falcon doesnt sound too farfetched. Falcon Zelda could serve as a new and unique way to get a good look at the area, like she could fly over and show you where to go next. I'd like to see Link's face when the falcon turns back into Zelda...but I have a feeling it would be the same as TP Link's when Midna's curse is lifted. Oh well, that NEVER gets old.

I would definitley not want it to be Zelda.

Other than that, I honestly could care less about what Link's companion would look like. All I ask is for the companion to be essential to the story (Fi and Midna) and show character development (Fi and Midna) so I actually want them to be with me throughout my journey.

i liked the idea of zelda and link tagteaming in spirit tracks. it involves zelda more and doesn't make her so much as a "damsel in distress", but rather a cute couple fighting against evil. :P

Does Link even need a helper? I'd prefer not to have a helper but if I must then I would like a fairy that never speaks unless spoken to, and when I do talk to it I don't want it giving away the answers to puzzles. I definately don't want another Fi. She was unbearably annoying!

I'd want another companion which enhances the gameplay like Midna did with her targeted wolf mode jumps. She made you feel quite powerful, especially in the fight with Beast Ganon.
I'm sure Link won't change forms again in a new Zelda title but if his new companion were to grant him an ability or a power up to enhance the fighting or something that changes an element of the way the game is played then i think that'd be making quite a good use out of a character archetype that seems to be synonymous with annoyance.

Or just make the Beetle from SS talk to you, I'm sure having the Beetle back in a future Zelda game would please a lot of people since there is so much love for it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom