• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Mother: Where is She?

Pie Master

Master of cakes and pies
Somewhere in the jungles of Qoetzacotloal's
As for the first Link's mother, it's hard to tell, I don't think that Link being away fits the bill, because Skyloft is like a kilometer wide and that is that (you can fly all you want to any direction and you never find a house that belonged to your parents), so let's say she did pass away (possibly during childbirth) and his father died too for whatever reason (from something more complex like an illness to something dumb like falling off Skyloft and not getting rescued in time)
As for the second, evidence suggests, she (mother) died after giving him to the Deku tree and his father was mostly likely caught up in the turmoil in the city, trying to protect his family, probably?
And the rest, is well, pretty much explained by either "both died" or "Link's away" (both of which could be explained in games LInk lives with other relatives, such as they live in other islands in TWW to make money for the family?)
Either way, all that's left for us to do is theorize

(That being said, Nintendo simply could not have put in the game to continue the Orphan hero trend every game have had)

Pie Master

Master of cakes and pies
Somewhere in the jungles of Qoetzacotloal's
i don't know,i would like to see a game where a link actually DOES have a mother for once

then they can kill her off if they want...like Hinawa in MOTHER 3

Well, just like an orphan gets more freedom, an orphan that knows who killed his relatives and seeks revenge works out for an even better hero, the motif wouldn't really hit heroic though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom