• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Mother: Where is She?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Dead.

And to make this enough characters, Shadsie, I don't think the dude under the bridge is Link's uncle. It looks nothing like him, and why would he be living under a bridge when he's got a perfectly good house? I always just thought it was some bum.

It's been a while since I played the game. Well, we got the SNES hooked up yesterday and started a new game on ALTTP, but haven't gotten that far yet, so it's safe to say that I haven't played in a good, LONG time, so my memory is probably fuzzy.

I do distinctly remember, however, at the end of the game, after you make your Triforce wishes, that "Your uncle recovers" and you're seen holding swords up in the air with him. Unless my memory is fuzzy with that, too? As Axle said, he could have been "recovered" from death.

To Kotake: Yeah, I am pretty sure it's fairly common. I had that in mind for the main character of one of my original books (if all goes well, maybe you'll be able to pick up my story in a bookstore someday). My protagonist isn't *technically* an orphan, but might as well be. His father is dead. His mother's insane.

Well yeah, your uncle recovers.

And all you need to get to the bottle guy is to save up 500 rupees and buy the flippers. Shouldn't take long.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Link's mother died in Ocarina of Time. Link was born Hyrulian, but his mother had to leave him in the Kokiri Forest as she was wounded from the war that was taking place in Hyrule Castle. You can check out what happens to Link's mother in the The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time walk through on Zelda Dungeon's main website. I hope this helps you!

#1 LOZ FanGirl

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
From what I have played (And read of the manga) Link has an Uncle-ALTTP/TMC, Grandparents in OOS/OOA (In the manga), Mother-OoT, Father-Foursword (manga), I think he has a sister in WW (What happened to her in PH?) and that is as far as I can remember, so in other words he has a whole family, just in seperate games.

L

Linkmsg92

From what I have played (And read of the manga) Link has an Uncle-ALTTP/TMC, Grandparents in OOS/OOA (In the manga), Mother-OoT, Father-Foursword (manga), I think he has a sister in WW (What happened to her in PH?) and that is as far as I can remember, so in other words he has a whole family, just in seperate games.

It's not fair to count Four Swords Manga as a "game." Or canon in the least bit. I think the closest thing Link ever has to a father is Hero's Shade, and that's still just theory.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
And I think if you go back into the secret entrance he is no longer there, if he was dead you would see his body, more likely he realised that he wouldn't be able to do anything and perhaps he went into hiding, Unless using the triforce Link wished his uncle and everyone else who might have died back to life, like the bully and that guy (Who is a ball), they managed to come back from the dark world, was it part of Link's wish?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
From what I have played (And read of the manga) Link has an Uncle-ALTTP/TMC

I'm pretty sure in MC it's his grandpa, not his uncle.

Grandparents in OOS/OOA (In the manga)

Manga isn't considered canon.

Father-Foursword (manga)

Again, Manga is not considered to be canon.

I think he has a sister in WW (What happened to her in PH?)

At the end of WW Link and Tetra set out to find new lands. Link's sister stayed behind. Also, don't forget that Link and his sister have a Grandma too in WW.

In the OoT and MM timeline, she died. After the Forest Temple is beaten the Deku Sprout says that you were left in Kokiri Forest and since I just did a recent playthrough of the game, I know that it mentioned her death.

Zelda_Queen

Hick Hylian
Origionoly Posted by Athenian200
I think Link not having a mother is symbolic. There's just something about having a mother that makes a person... softer, less willing to take chances. When you grow up without that kind of concern and close relationship to take for granted, it makes you much more daring. Soft and hesitant just wouldn't work for Link. I think that if Link had had a mother, he would have been more like Colin... wanting to be brave, yet somehow sensitive and lacking in strength.

Thats a good point. mamas sorta baby u so u dont learn to fend for urself. most men sorta go by, as jack london called it, The Law of Club and Fang. thay hav a if u want it get it urself atitude. (no offense to any males on this site its a stereotype i no.) he woulda been hardened even if he just had a gramma nd sister cuz like in WW. he wood hav to b th man of the house. if he had a mama he wood hav sumon to baby him all the time.

L

Legend

Something I have noticed, is that we never see Link's mother. We may have a grandpa, grandma, or uncle, but never a mom (forgive me if I'm wrong but I could swear one Legend of Zelda game had dad in it).
Of course, I've only seen LoZ, AoL, ALttP, OoT, MM, WW, TMC, and PH. There could be his mom in one of the games I haven't seen.

ALttP had his uncle. TP had someone like a father. OoT mentioned his mother.

Actually, Link's mom is mentioned in OOT. The great Deku tree says that a mother brought her child to the him and asked for him to take care of the child. However, she dies shortly after and Link never knows about her. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom