• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Lighter

Flagpole

I'm back!!
blackkice_cc said this:

Well, I'm assuming you don't want the boring ol' "it's a video-game" answer, so here's my opinion. The tip of the fuse on each bomb has a special substance on it much like that on the head of a match. The inside of the bomb-bag, right near the opening in the top, is very rough, and so when Link pulls out a bomb, the tip of the fuse strikes the rough part of the bag, and viola, we have fire.

Of course, that also raises the question of how he pulls the bombs out of his bag so fast, and without the aforementioned bag anywhere in sight. But then, that wasn't the question :P

In OOT, we can see that Dodongos are very vulnerable to bombs, and the bomb bags are made of Dodongos's stomachs, so if that would happen then Link wouldn't be able to take the bomb so fast, and the fire of the bomb would touch the bag, exploding it.

Shnappy

derp
*Is tempted to draw/paint/digital paint Link holding a bomb and a Zippo-type silver lighter with a Hylian winged crest emblazoned upon its surface.*

I did just this. I think my crappy digital art skills make it funnier.

Back on topic...

I think that it's kind of a silly thing to discuss, how Link lights his bombs. Zelda was set in Midevial times, right? What I wonder, is if any explosive material was even invented back then? Like Kybyrian said way back in the first page, there isn't actually a way for Link to light his bombs. Although, I think what is interesting, is that when you hold a bomb over your head in PH, it hasn't been lit yet. Rather, it's lit once it touches the ground. So, basically, there isn't a way for Link to light his bombs, and it's just one of those minor things in Zelda that don't make sense, but it doesn't matter that they don't make sense. It's still fun to blast things apart whether apart it should be possible.

Last edited:

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
It's probably the magic of videogames. Either that, or all of his bombs have special wicks that only light when exposed to massive amounts of oxygen gas (Since there's not as much oxygen inside the bomb bags), so they light as soon as he takes them out.

I agree there may be a specail powder in the fuse that lights itself when surronded by large amounts of oxygen. Also I like the idea very scientific (to me that is)!:clap::clap::D

C

Caleb, Of Asui

No need to be so scientific. Chances are, he probably lights it normally, slower than Nintendo expects us to have the patience to watch every time we use a bomb. Same with the bag for his items; it's just not drawn in.

... or you could say it's some elaborate scientific thing that Link probably can't comprehend, being raised by Kokiri and all. XD He could think he's being a God of some sort, making the bomb magically appear out of his inventor, automatically pre-lit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom