• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Link's Life Story

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I started writing this story as a project for school, and I was quite happy with it. Please let me know what you think of it!!;) I have never played Wind Waker nor Phantom Hourglass, so tell me if I should make edits. Rating- well, I would put it about a PG or PG-13, because I don't know what kind of language I'm going to put in. Most likely a normal PG. Otherwise, normal Zelda, guys! Geez, I'm not about to describe someone's head being chopped off.
This story has no paragraphs or chapters yet, so someone can copy what I write, and make chapters and paragraphs...

Chapter 1 - The Introduction.
My name is Link. In some people’s eyes, I am a hero of Hyrule. I have battled many a monster, I have slayed great darknesses, but today, I am going to tell you my true story.

I was brought up on Outset Island with my sister Aryll, by my grandmother. My real parents had died, but it was a subject that everyone stayed off, so we don’t know how they died. I was sleeping, as usual, when Aryll burst in, opened the curtains and yelled, “Wake up, Wake up WAKE UP LINK! Today is your birthday.” “Bad… light…” I groaned. “Come on Link! Grandma says you’re to come downstairs as quickly as possible. She’s making your favourite soup for breakfast.” Aryll ran out of the room, and on her way, yelled, “I’ve got a present for you, too!” I slowly got up, and wandered to the dining room. As I went through the hall, I looked at the portraits of my ancestors. They were famous knights of Hyrule, working at the princess’s right hand. But, that was many years ago, before the Old Hyrule was drowned in the great flood. As usual, I started to daydream. “Link! Breakfast’s ready!” I heard Grandma call. I couldn’t wait to eat my chicken noodle soup, so I ran down the stairs to where she and Aryll were waiting.

“Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Li-ink,
Happy birthday to you!”

I smiled warmly as Grandma and Aryll finished their song, and gave me my bowl of soup. I hopped straight in, letting the succulent taste swish down my throat. “Link, LINK! Here’s your present, I hope you like it!” Aryll said excitedly. I unwrapped the blue paper, and to my surprise, a sword was in there! “Thankyou Aryll!” I called, and set to work testing myself out. Then Grandma came over, and gave me some green clothes folded neatly, with a belt around them. “Link, since it is tradition, all young boys on their 12th birthday must wear the hero’s clothing. I know it’s a little hot to wear it today, but, I’m sure you can cope.” she explained. “That’s alright Grandma. Thanks!” I exclaimed. I rushed to my room straight away to put it on.

As I came back downstairs, with my sword on my back, Aryll said, “Oooooooooo Link! You look just like the old hero!” “Thanks Aryll.” I beamed. “Now. Link, Aryll, I’ve got a party to plan in here, so I think it would be best if you go outside.” “Okay Grandma!” we chorused. When we got outside, I thought, ‘Now, where should I go?’ I looked around the island, and saw the forest. Perfect, I thought, I need some time to myself. I had just walked though the first trees, when I heard a cry.

Do you like it? Please tell me! P.S. I am going to watch a video walkthrough soon so I know what more is coming.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Well, at least SOMEONE cares. Thanks, @lex MM.:)
Here's the next part!
“ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!” a girl’s voice rang out. I looked up, and saw a girl approximately my age being thrown from a giant bird’s feet. She flew through the air, and landed on a tree branch not far away from me. I ran over, and the branch promptly snapped, and the girl fell to the ground. “Owch!” she muttered, and tried to get herself up, but her arms buckled, and she fell back to the ground. I grabbed her arms, and helped to pull her back up. She was wearing white baggy shorts, a blue tank top, and a red scarf around her neck. She oddly looked like a pirate, which is something I wouldn’t expect from a young girl. “Wow… the getup… You’re dressed like the old hero. Would today be your 12th birthday?” “You would be right!” I exclaimed. “Miss Tetra! Miss Tetra! Are you alright?” A pirate came crashing through the trees. “Yes, Gonzo. Thankyou for coming so quickly. Now, let’s get going back to the ship.” Tetra ordered. “But Miss Tetra! What about the kid?” Gonzo asked. “Just leave him.” she replied. Suddenly, we heard a cry, and we all ran out of the forest. Then, was the worst sight I had ever seen in my life. I saw the giant bird that had taken ‘Miss Tetra’ away grabbed Aryll and started to fly away! “Brother! Brother! Link, save me…” Her voice started to fade away. I ran after the bird for a while, and as I was so intent on saving her, I jumped right off a cliff. For a split second, I thought I was going to die. Then I felt such a tug on my arm that I yelped. “Kid! What are you doing?! You could have killed yourself, you idiot!” Tetra yelled. Hanging there, I watched the monstrous bird take my only sister away.

@lex MM

The Lurker
I like it,but....can you please make the font bigger ? I can't read it very well....:) Oh,and you can write bigger parts.....:):) Except these things,I really like your story!

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I can do that for you in the next part. My internet is going a bit whacko, so its gonna be hard...
Next part is coming when I have finished editing and can be bothered bringing my usb to my computer.

P.S. My parts are small because they are the bits I am comfortable with!

W

WWfangirl

I am a huge wind waker fan ( as the name implies lol ) so I like this a lot! I can't wait for more.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
i really liked it but the story was off and it could use a little work

What do you mean, the story was off? (Just asking for improvements.)
Meh, as I said, I havn't even played the game, just watched walkthroughs.

Anywho, I was going to scrap the story because of lack of fans, but I may continue now.

Watch this space, I'm going to get moving today! :);)

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
So, yeah, I managed to do it today!
PART 3

A While Later
“Oh. Sorry Link. Well, I guess it’s time for you and I to go, Gonzo.” Tetra apologised. “Hang on, I think I know where this Aryll person may be. Have you heard of the tales about the Forsaken Fortress lately? It’s crawling with security, and I bet the nose on my face that she’s there. Suppose you’ll just have to find some way there.” She told me rather un-reassuringly, and walked off towards the beach, Gonzo in tow. “Excuse me young lady, but wouldn’t it be repaying a favour if you took Link on your ship?” A voice said behind me. I looked around, and there was a strange person with wings there! “Are you serious, dude? Do you even know who we are? We are PIRATES, Mr Rito." [So that's what it is, I thought] "The fear of the seas! Do you know what we would get out of taking a kid with us? A BIG HEADACHE, that’s what! How would we be repaying a favour to a child? And who are you anyway?” Tetra fumed. “I am Quill, the Rito postman. And, if I am not mistaken, Miss Fearsome Tantrum Pirate, was it Link here that saved you from the bokoblins in the forest?” Quill asked. “Well, yes, I suppose. He can only come on our ship if he gets himself a shield, though. You get nowhere without a shield. When you get yourself a shield, our ship is waiting at the port.” Tetra told me. “Alright, I better get going. Thankyou Quill!” I said, and ran off. "Honestly, Gonzo." I heard Tetra mutter in the distance.

Sorry about small parts @lex MM.
Anywho, hope you like it!

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Hello, my loyal fans! I'm back again with a big part:D. So... here goes nothing! Part 4, is it now?
“Grandma, do you think I could take the family shield?” I asked. I waited a moment, and got no reply. “Grandma?” I asked. I moved so I could see her face, and saw she was crying. “Grandma, it’s alright. I’ll get Aryll back.” I tried to comfort her. “Why would anyone steal such a sweet child?” she whispered, her voice still half choked in sobs. “Anyway, I’m no matter to the situation. I will try to stay strong for you, dear. If Link is strong, Grandma is strong. Take the shield, darling. You will need it more than I will here!” she tried to joke. “Thankyou so much Grandma!” I exclaimed, and dashed outside, not a moment too soon.
I returned to the pirate ship, wielding my sword in the air. “Oh my gosh, Link. Are you really going to use that crappy shield? Are you going to get splinters and cry?” Tetra mocked, “Well, let’s be off, crew!” she ordered. “Grandma! GRANDMA!” I called. She came out of her house, and I hugged her goodbye. “Just remember Link. If Link stays strong, Grandma stays strong.” She whispered. Then I jumped back onto the ship.

The islanders had gathered on the beach to wave me off. “Goodbye Link! Take care!” were the yells I heard from the sandy shores. As the ship set off, I waved to Grandma. She was crying. “Take… care… Link…” I heard her voice get carried away on the wind. I sat down, and I put my head in my hands. “Link, it’s not too late to turn around, you know. We can take you back…” Tetra mocked. I gave her the best death squint I could. Soon she got bored of my facial expressions, and walked over to Gonzo. “What am I doing? Why did I get myself into this?” I muttered, putting my hands back over my face. “Because you want to save your sister! That’s why!” one of the younger pirates exclaimed. As I removed my hands from my face, I took a good look at his features. He was small, about my age, wearing a red and white horizontally striped shirt, a blue bandanna, and green pants, held up by a belt with a skull buckle. “And who would you be?” I asked him. “My name is Niko! Tetra says I’m to look after you from now on. I am so glad you’ve joined the crew. Yippee! I get a promotion!” he exclaimed. “What do you mean, promotion?” I asked him. “Now you’ve joined the crew, I get a promotion! I don’t have to do all the boring work anymore.” Niko explained. “No way! I’m joining you so I can save my sister. After that, I’m going home.” I told him. “WHAT?! Well, I guess I would never be able to get a promotion anyway. While you’re here, anyway, would you like to take a test? If you win, I’ll give you a nice prize!” Niko offered. “Oh, okay. At least it’ll get my mind of Aryll’s problem.” I agreed.
“What do you mean, you did that already! And you made it look so easy too!” Niko panted. “Well, I guess I should give you the prize I promised.” I opened the treasure chest he presented to me, and got out a Spoils Bag! Yay. “Thanks Niko. Now, we’d better get moving in case…” “Niko! Link! Where are you? I need you up here!” Tetra called. “…Tetra calls for us.” I finished, “uh oh.”
Tada.
Tell me what you think!

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
HELLO EVERYONE!! LOOKEY HERE! THERE IS A NEW PART SO WILL YOU READ OR NOT? COMMENTS PLEASE!!!

(sorry just did this so I would be at the start of the fan works forum :P)

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Okay, so it would be nice to have feedback...
Here goes!
“Yes, Miss Tetra? What is it?” I asked, running up the stairs and to where she was standing. She pointed to a particularly sinister looking island, with spotlights shining all around it. “That there, Link, is the Forsaken Fortress. Look, I’ve never seen so many seagulls flock like that before!” Tetra exclaimed. That’s a sure sign Aryll is there! I thought, and put my attention back to what Tetra was saying. “We’re not going any closer to that junkyard, so I don’t know how you’re going to get there.” She paused for a moment, and then exclaimed, “I’VE GOT IT!”

The next thing I knew, was that I was shoved in a barrel, and put on a catapult. “Wait, wha, WHAT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!” I screamed, and started struggling. “Don’t be such a baby, Link. We’re getting you to the Forsaken Fortress, you twit.” Tetra teased. Under her breath I heard her mutter, “I knew it was a bad idea letting you on the ship.” I gave her the worst death squint I could attempt. “Okay, are we ready?” Tetra called. I gulped.
“3!” I was wide eyed,
“2!” I frowned,
“1!” I shut my eyes and bit down on my lip…
“LIFTOFF!!!!!” Tetra yelled.

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHH!” I yelled as I hurtled through the air. I stuck my head out of the barrel downwards, and saw the sea racing along. Then I looked up, and oh, my, gosh, I thought I was going to die. The sight of the Forsaken Fortress coming towards you at about 100kms an hour is enough to make anyone freeze.
SMACK!
I crashed into a wall at such high speed, I felt slightly dazed. Then, my birthday sword fell out of my hands, and fell down to a small tower, which caused the bokoblins there to look in my direction. “Uh oh.” I whispered, and then everything went black.

There you go! Please comment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom