• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's House!

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I wouldn't be opposed to doing more with his home, though - like how Twilight Princess had the chest in the basement with the purple rupee "you'd forgotten about." And the attention to detail, like the picture of a goat, in Link's house in Twilight Princess was also cute. As long as it fell under the category "little details" and was not the focus of a quest, some slight customization in that regard might be okay - just as an example, getting a copy of the picture of you with the Hylian loach and having the opportunity to hang it on your wall.

I was soo majorly annoyed about Link's house in TP. Yeah, it was pretty cool with all those details, but you wanna know something that Nintendo forgot to put in? His bed. -______-; It still irritates me to this day. >>;

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I was soo majorly annoyed about Link's house in TP. Yeah, it was pretty cool with all those details, but you wanna know something that Nintendo forgot to put in? His bed. -______-; It still irritates me to this day. >>;

I thought it was on the top level? *checks* Wow, you're right, but I'm boggling at myself because I must have noticed that at some point and some subconsciously added one in. I could have even described it to you. I wonder how I convinced myself that was there. :lol:

But i would like to see like a tropical resort/ getaway house like the cabana in WW and you could actually customise the outside of it like plants and statues.

I forgot about the cabana house! And with Link traveling between the sky and the earth, it would make sense for him to have another kind of "home base" on the ground. I'm just unsure if it will actually look like a home. The cabana house seemed to be part of the quirky feeling of WW, to me (in a good way).

Oh, I just thought of a way around Link not visiting home often - maybe Link could bring souvenirs of his journey, not to his home, but to someone else, in a side quest. A flower from this region, a picture from another, etc. We'd still see the effects of customization and he could either be helping someone who can't travel or inspiring someone who always wanted to. That seems to fit his nature.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I thought it was on the top level? *checks* Wow, you're right, but I'm boggling at myself because I must have noticed that at some point and some subconsciously added one in. I could have even described it to you. I wonder how I convinced myself that was there

Hahaha, really? That's awesomely weird xD When I played TP for the first time, the first thing I did was look around his house for his bed and I didn't find one! (Yeah, I'm a little weird like that, lol).

Alar

Clothed in Green
That is what i wondered about the Mayors house because him and ilia live there but, there was only one bed do they share?

K

khalil

I don't like that idea considering i wouldn't be in my house..... i would be in at a dungeon

P

pokemainiac

Let's get some interior designers in to really make it look good!

S

SageOfDawn51

I like this idea a lot and hope they go with it, but unless popularity and customation matters, it would be pointless. I still like the idea!

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
Interesting idea. Very interesting. Thing is though, there are a lot of problems attached to this concept. For example, running out of room is one thing. Another is that the actual data is stored on the Wii, not the game, and the only other examples I know like this are Pokemon and Animal Crossing. Pokemon had mystery gifts which were downloaded straight onto the game cartridge, and Animal Crossing, to the extent of my knowledge, had all items pre-programmed in, not as downloadable extras. It would probably have to save any extras as another game on the system, and then SS would have to access it while it was open, most likely causing the game to lag. So if it was pre-programmed in, that might work, but with wifi, it might not.

Interesting idea. Very interesting. Thing is though, there are a lot of problems attached to this concept. For example, running out of room is one thing. Another is that the actual data is stored on the Wii, not the game, and the only other examples I know like this are Pokemon and Animal Crossing. Pokemon had mystery gifts which were downloaded straight onto the game cartridge, and Animal Crossing, to the extent of my knowledge, had all items pre-programmed in, not as downloadable extras. It would probably have to save any extras as another game on the system, and then SS would have to access it while it was open, most likely causing the game to lag. So if it was pre-programmed in, that might work, but with wifi, it might not.

The Wii has more memory than DS Carts. Also, in Animal Crossing: City Folk you get DLC's from Nintendo (items, shirts, etc that aren't pre-programed).
There are also games with "Play and Play" content like Guitar Hero were you can download songs, etc.

The Wii is more than capable of doing what the DS does, WAY more.

The Wii isn't really as crappy as people (people as in Microsoft/ Sony fanboys that is) say it is, and most of the "issues" that it has could be fixed with an update (friend codes, glitches, etc.) and with better servers (online).

The thing is that Nintendo simply isn't doing anything about it, the last 2 updates only blocked some hacks which the homebrew people already got working again.

I am really sure that the reason Nintendo isn't doing anything is because they want to give people more reasons to buy the Wii's successor.

Last edited:

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
The Wii has more memory than DS Carts. Also, in Animal Crossing: City Folk you get DLC's from Nintendo (items, shirts, etc that aren't pre-programed).
There also games with "Play and Play" content like Guitar Hero were you can download songs, etc.
The Wii is more than capable of doing what the DS does, WAY more.

The Wii isn't really isn't as crappy as people (people as in Microsoft/ Sony fanboys) say it is, and most of the "issues" that it has could be fixed with an update (friend codes, glitches, etc.) and with better servers (online). The thing is that Nintendo simply isn't doing anything about it, the last 2 updates only blocked some hacks which the homebrew people already got working again.

I am really sure that the reason Nintendo isn't doing anything is because they want to give people more reasons to buy the Wii's successor.

Ah. As I said, to the extent of my knowledge. Thanks for telling me this though, since I didn't know about most of this.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
That would be an intresting idea for Legend of Zelda. I would want something like the basement in Twilight Princess, but instead of just a single treasure chest I would want the room full of mirrors to get lost in.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
I personally think this would only be a good idea if it had a giant Online WiFi Mode, like in Monster Hunter Tri. I've been really hoping for a Zelda game with decent Wifi to come along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom